Westeros.org's Facebook/Twitter teaser

The Human Abstract

Dear lord. I have just saw that hashtag for WOIAF... So, relieved... Whatever it is, I don't care as much as I would care ASOIAF long-term theory...

NO... That's all I am going to say on a subject.

Gods only know how stupid I feel right now... :)

Don't say no, I think the Wights may be reanimated by the Others using whatever it is they use for blood, which would draw a parallel to the Valyrians.

If it's a long standing one then it's surely one which begun before Dance, so nothing to do with Aegon.

Aegon's survival has been guessed and discussed on these boards (or their forebears) since ACoK came out in October 1998, so yeah, that'd be pretty long-standing ;)

That said, if it's WoIaF-related, it likely won't be anything to do with that at all.

IIRC the Daynes are descended from the First Men and can track their history back about 10,000 years. They just happen to be non-Valyrians with silver hair and purple eyes.

I think GRRM put them in there to give Jon plausible deniability in case Jon was born looking like Rhaegar. "The platinum hair and violet eyes...uh...Ashara Dayne was his mother. Yeah."

Aegon's survival has been guessed and discussed on these boards (or their forebears) since ACoK came out in October 1998, so yeah, that'd be pretty long-standing ;)

That said, if it's WoIaF-related, it likely won't be anything to do with that at all.

See that's just mean, you know Ran, and that's more teasing. You could always ask him, then say you won't tell anyone, then tell us and we will keep it a secret for you and Ran.

IIRC the Daynes are descended from the First Men and can track their history back about 10,000 years. They just happen to be non-Valyrians with silver hair and purple eyes.

I think GRRM put them in there to give Jon plausible deniability in case Jon was born looking like Rhaegar. "The platinum hair and violet eyes...uh...Ashara Dayne was his mother. Yeah."

I brought up the Daynes thing because I saw Ran mention proto-Valyrians as a theory of their origins.

The specifics aren't the issue-- this whole teaser thing is basically a deductive logic problem if you want to make educated guesses on the answer. Think about theories you've seen Ran argue for, and then narrow those down to theories that pertain to world-building rather than the ASOIAF plot. I gave the 2 theories that fit this criteria I knew of, but if you have better knowledge of his theories, then more can be added. Anyway, dragonblood, you heard it here.

We all need to think like the bumps now, don't we? :P

I have skimmed the links and read the line without the hashtags... And thought it is ASOIAF related... TBH, I am not as interested in WOIAF as I am in ASOIAF.

I brought up the Daynes thing because I saw Ran mention proto-Valyrians as a theory of their origins.

The specifics aren't the issue-- this whole teaser thing is basically a deductive logic problem if you want to make educated guesses on the answer. Think about theories you've seen Ran argue for, and then narrow those down to theories that pertain to world-building rather than the ASOIAF plot. I gave the 2 theories that fit this criteria I knew of, but if you have better knowledge of his theories, then more can be added. Anyway, dragonblood, you heard it here.

Oh, I know. I seem to find threads where Ran generally isn't so I don't know his pet theories. I defer to you on that. I just wanted to share what I came across about the Daynes.

I'm hazarding a guess at someone's ancestor, or something to do with a family tree. Ned's Mother or Prince of Dragonflies or who Aegon V wed or something? Idk, but really looking forward to the book actually, more than I thought I would. Also, no idea what Ran's theories are, does anyone actually know?

Actually, it would be hysterical if R+L=J was revealed through this supplemental book. I hope that's what happens.

R+L=J is by far the worst keept secret in the history of franchises. Atleast George Lucas droped his suprise with quickness and style.

RR Martin is 10 years behind his fanbase on this one even the TV show watchers are becoming aware of it trough Youtube spoilers....

R+L=J is by far the worst keept secret in the history of franchises. Atleast George Lucas droped his suprise with quickness and style.

RR Martin is 10 years behind his fanbase on this one even the TV show watchers are becoming aware of it trough Youtube spoilers....

I know. And it's funny to me. And no GOT/ASOIAF posting or article can exist anywhere on the web without 1000 comments containing this factpothesis.

Archived