Westeros.org's Facebook/Twitter teaser

The Human Abstract

I'm hazarding a guess at someone's ancestor, or something to do with a family tree. Ned's Mother or Prince of Dragonflies or who Aegon V wed or something? Idk, but really looking forward to the book actually, more than I thought I would. Also, no idea what Ran's theories are, does anyone actually know?

I don't know, but I've seen Ran vociferously argue for the dragon blood theory. If it is indeed dragon blood idea, as per bumps' suggestion, it'd be quite coup for him.

I dont think that's what the snowcastle represented at all. And I'm sorry but what other 'controversial' thing could happen to her?

She could be knowingly involved in the death of a family member?

I don't know, but I've seen Ran vociferously argue for the dragon blood theory. If it is indeed dragon blood idea, as per bumps' suggestion, it'd be quite coup for him.

In all seriousness, I'm betting this is it too since many things have been pointing that way. The question is-- sex or sorcery?

I brought up the Daynes thing because I saw Ran mention proto-Valyrians as a theory of their origins.

The specifics aren't the issue-- this whole teaser thing is basically a deductive logic problem if you want to make educated guesses on the answer. Think about theories you've seen Ran argue for, and then narrow those down to theories that pertain to world-building rather than the ASOIAF plot. I gave the 2 theories that fit this criteria I knew of, but if you have better knowledge of his theories, then more can be added. Anyway, dragonblood, you heard it here.

which would also fall into my scaly-dragon-baby theory :) wahoo!!

In all seriousness, I'm betting this is it too since many things have been pointing that way. The question is-- sex or sorcery?

Of her family? you mean besides helping Ned lose his head, I doubt she will do that again. That poor girl is about to come into some serious abuse at the hands of LF and HRH. IMO it is inevitable.

which would also fall into my scaly-dragon-baby theory :) wahoo!!

let's not get carried away. (I actually don't know your theory on this, in fairness). I've been agnostic on the dragonblood (or magical blood of any kind) thing, but assumed it would be correlated to Stark wolf blood. If the Targs are joined by literal blood, then I think it might be a good guess the Starks are too.

let's not get carried away. (I actually don't know your theory on this, in fairness). I've been agnostic on the dragonblood (or magical blood of any kind) thing, but assumed it would be correlated to Stark wolf blood. If the Targs are joined by literal blood, then I think it might be a good guess the Starks are too.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/100583-princess-and-the-queen-confirmsspoliers/

aren't we all :(

Yes, but I see not point in coming up with guesses all the time (Dawn=Dragonsteel, House Dayne origin etc). I was really hoping it still might have come early this year, but it seems it won't come out until maybe the end of this year.

That poor girl is about to come into some serious abuse at the hands of LF and HRH. IMO it is inevitable.

Ok but thats nothing controversial for book readers, afterall we met his lordship Ramsay Snow and his lady wife Jayne Poole.

Nothing is worse than Ramsey. Not even beeing raped by 10000 Dothraki and their horses.

Alchemy or maybe dragon binding. Maybe that's what it does, some weird form of blood magic. Sex come on, it's Martin so no cha.... Never mind.

If we're placing bets, I'm going to go with the Valyrian blood theory. Considering that the Targs porked everything that moved so probably everyone on Dragonstone and in and round the Crownlands probably has Targ blood, it's not a big deal. Dragonseeds abound. I wouldn't be surprised if the Starks and/or the Lannisters have a Targ ancestor a couple (or more) generations back.

See below...

Didn't Valyrians start out as sheepherders? I am not saying what you think I am saying, but I am totally implying it. Wait Jon is a Targ, gasp, this explains why Ghost is so silent, he has seen to much and can't speak of it. OMG even Corn makes sense now, he is not talking about food, he is talking about??? Shit I got go revise a theory. The "Corn hole code Jon's secret dark side revealed. It's all connecting now.

See that's just mean, you know Ran, and that's more teasing. You could always ask him, then say you won't tell anyone, then tell us and we will keep it a secret for you and Ran.

This is the best idea I've ever seen on these boards.

Actually, it would be hysterical if R+L=J was revealed through this supplemental book. I hope that's what happens.

I laughed like a crazy person back when Brandon Sanderson and TeamJordan pulled Asmodean on us so... yep, hilarious. I'd love it.

R+L=J is by far the worst keept secret in the history of franchises. Atleast George Lucas droped his suprise with quickness and style.

George Lucas made it up on the spot, and then had to retcon everything to make it fit. Please.

Archived