Jon and Aegon (Spoilers)

Tysha's New Man

If, in fact, these two characters are both the sons of Rhaegar, would they join forces and how would they do it? GRRM has already stated that Howland Reed will be making an appearence which leads most everyone to believe that is how Jon will learn his true identity. If Aegon keeps marching north and Jon is resurrected and leads the freefolk south (a popular theory), how and where would these two characters meet?

I know this is a huge jump in the timeline but I'm curious if and how this could happen. Post your theories on whether or not it could happen and how you would like to see it happen...

I think if fAegon found out Jon is his brother he may actually be excited. I mean while he is claimant he must have been lonely growing up. Maybe he would love to have a little brother. But the law of GRRM dictates that fArgon will have to try and kill him.

If they are sons of Rhaegar... Never forget that there is a huge IF in Aegon being Jon's brother. This being said. I doubt they will unite in any form.

:agree: Aegon will see him as potential threat as a male Targ heir, even if Jon doesn't want to fight.

I think if fAegon found out Jon is his brother he may actually be excited. I mean while he is claimant he must have been lonely growing up. Maybe he would love to have a little brother. But the law of GRRM dictates that fArgon will have to try and kill him.

I agree Aegon would be excited to learn he has a brother, I think it would be Jon that kills Aegon or Aegon dies after naming Jon his heir. That's the best way I could see Jon on the IT

If, in fact, these two characters are both the sons of Rhaegar, would they join forces and how would they do it? GRRM has already stated that Howland Reed will be making an appearence which leads most everyone to believe that is how Jon will learn his true identity. If Aegon keeps marching north and Jon is resurrected and leads the freefolk south (a popular theory), how and where would these two characters meet?

Can you please provide a source for this?

:agree:

I actually would love to see (an alternate universe of ASoIaF where) Jon an Aegon team up, I think they'd both get along great. (I think it is obvious this will not happen though :crying: and is probably for the best, story-wise.)

It would be really interesting to see the true Targaryen heir and the "heir" (who is really from a bastard line) interact. (Aegon Blackfyre being the true heir of course and Jon being a descendant of Daeron the Falseborn)

Can you please provide a source for this?

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1261

"We will meet Howland Reed, but not in the next book... he(Howland) knows just to much about the central mystery of the book..." (2000)

First off, the chances of Aegon and Jon ever meeting are extremely low, Jon has no reason to march further south than WInterfell and Aegon has no reason to march further north than perhaps the twins, at least not for quite some time. Winter is coming and Aegon is not so much the fool that he would attempt war with the North in the middle of winter before conquering the rest of Westeros.

That said, even if they did meet and it somehow became known that they were supposedly brothers, I don't think either of them would care. Aegon probably would not believe it and if he did Jon certainly wouldn't care at all.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1261

"We will meet Howland Reed, but not in the next book... he(Howland) knows just to much about the central mystery of the book..." (2000)

Back to OP - I don't think it's likely. Jon is a pure Stark, by behaviour and affiliation if not by blood, and I don't think he'll feel obliged to support his half-brother solely based on their blood connection.

I think Jon will instantly dislike Aegon because the boy is a brash, spoiled brat that still smells of summer, while he is much mature because of the experiences that he has been through, and the fact that Jon is carrying the burden of the world on his shoulders.

Although I have my problems with Aegon, he's not a spoiled brat. He's been brought up by mercenary's and taught hard lessons like what its like to starve and be hunted.

They have very different personalities and will most likely clash at first, if they ever meet. Also I dont see how Jon has the burden of the world on his shoulders...

I don't think that FAegon is Jon's brother, but except that I don't see why they shoud join forces,the reason why, and I believe that Jon's brothers in his heart are Robb, Bran and Rickon the fact that he shares the same biological father with someone else doesn't make him his brother.

First off, the chances of Aegon and Jon ever meeting are extremely low, Jon has no reason to march further south than WInterfell and Aegon has no reason to march further north than perhaps the twins, at least not for quite some time. Winter is coming and Aegon is not so much the fool that he would attempt war with the North in the middle of winter before conquering the rest of Westeros.

That said, even if they did meet and it somehow became known that they were supposedly brothers, I don't think either of them would care. Aegon probably would not believe it and if he did Jon certainly wouldn't care at all.

I think the only reason he would venture north after KL would be to fight Stannis, the last surviving Baratheon that fought in RR. I don't think he's that brash though.

The freefolk have their reasons for heading south after living with wights north of the wall and have seen Jon as a leader. I thought once Jon learns of his true identity he might try to aid his brother in his campaign given that he might regret not joining Robb in his campaign.

I don't think that FAegon is Jon's brother, but except that I don't see why they shoud join forces,the reason why, and I believe that Jon's brothers in his heart are Robb, Bran and Rickon the fact that he shares the same biological father with someone else doesn't make him his brother.

Good point. Despite what he could learn, he'll most likely always feel closer to Bran and Rickon

I think Jon will instantly dislike Aegon because the boy is a brash, spoiled brat that still smells of summer, while he is much mature because of the experiences that he has been through, and the fact that Jon is carrying the burden of the world on his shoulders.

IMO, I doubt they ever meet; considering Dance 2.0(Dany/Aegon) most likely happens before anyone learns of Jon parentage, unless the real Dance is between Dany/Jon. Either way Aegon, most likely will be gone before then(sad to say that, because he actually could help Westeros.)

All that said, IMO Jon would not "dislike" him should they meet. Jon has shown plenty of times that he has one of the most progressive minds in the series. I equate his stance on the Wlidlings, to that of Dany's stance on slavery(despite my personal feelings about her.) He may dislike the way Aegon, goes about handling matters; but Aegon is not a Bolton, Frey or certain Lannisters. Furthermore, if Jon actually believes they are both of same biological father; I doubt he would dislike/hate Aegon. That being said, should Aegon make his way north and the conflict directly endangers or harms Rickkon, Sansa, Arya or Bran(unlikely) AND Jon can directly tie Aegon to it....well, all bets are off then.

I'd also like to add, that I don't get how Aegon gets this "spoiled brat" rap. Because he acted like a punk, in front of Tyrion? How do we know he wasn't playing Tyrion, at that point? Possibly to show a bit of that Targ "anger" BS. The kid was brought up in the company of mercenaries, in a less than hospitable region. At some point he had to have been bloodied in a skirmish. He was given an education and groomed to lead..without the comfort of a damn palace.

Despite all I just posted, I still believe him to be a fake.

Archived