Jon and Aegon (Spoilers)

Tysha's New Man

I like Aegriff a lot, and IMO if he does find out about R+L he'll have no reasons to mistrust Jon (unlike JonCon) since he'll still be the older. I actually think Aegriff would love a brother, he's that kind of easygoing person.

That said, the kid's both 1) fake and 2) toast, so it's a moot point. Sadly.

ETA: I keep forgetting that writing B+) gives you a B) with the editor. Edited out.

I don't think that FAegon is Jon's brother, but except that I don't see why they shoud join forces,the reason why, and I believe that Jon's brothers in his heart are Robb, Bran and Rickon the fact that he shares the same biological father with someone else doesn't make him his brother.

I agree that Jon will always feel closer to his Stark siblings, but I wouldn't underestimate the bond that blood creates. Jon will probably feel lost after he finds out about his parents. He will discover that half of his family was murdered/died in the Rebellion. I don't think it's absurd to think he would like to have someone around who can relate to that part of his life. Maybe that isn't enough to create a sibling bond, but it might be enough for them to be interested in meeting each other and trying to be friends.

But Aegon's possible reaction would be a mystery. On one hand, he lost most part of his family, and Dany and Jon are the last surviving Targs. And they're about his age too, unlike most of the Sand Snakes. On the other hand, Rhaegar's affair with Jon's mother is the reason the Targaryens lost the IT. He could transfer the blame to Jon, or just be unable to befriend the product of that affair.

I think Jon will instantly dislike Aegon because the boy is a brash, spoiled brat that still smells of summer, while he is much mature because of the experiences that he has been through, and the fact that Jon is carrying the burden of the world on his shoulders.

I don't think aegon is that much of a poiled brat. and I think jon would like aegon

I agree that Jon will always feel closer to his Stark siblings, but I wouldn't underestimate the bond that blood creates. Jon will probably feel lost after he finds out about his parents. He will discover that half of his family was murdered/died in the Rebellion. I don't think it's absurd to think he would like to have someone around who can relate to that part of his life. Maybe that isn't enough to create a sibling bond, but it might be enough for them to be interested in meeting each other and trying to be friends.

But Aegon's possible reaction would be a mystery. On one hand, he lost most part of his family, and Dany and Jon are the last surviving Targs. And they're about his age too, unlike most of the Sand Snakes. On the other hand, Rhaegar's affair with Jon's mother is the reason the Targaryens lost the IT. He could transfer the blame to Jon, or just be unable to befriend the product of that affair.

My thought is that

All Targ claimants have someone from Rhaegar's life guiding them. Aegon has JonCon. Dany has Barristan. And I'm thinking/hoping that Jon will have Arthur.

For me, it was not the Varys speech, the "the murmur's dragon", or Illyrio's suspiciousness that convinced me Aegon is fake, but the sole fact that if he was real he would have a better claim then Jon, whom I'm positive was intended to be the rightful heir upon his birth.

Even so, it's a fan dream of mine to see them meet, while Jon knows his true parentage and while fAegon still claims to be who he claims, and for them to meet later with his true identity exposed. I will be extremely disappointed if they never meet.

I think they were set up this way. They were both taken and raised away from targs influence. Their both being groomed for something more. Yet it's the question of nature vs. nurture. Will they let their predisposed genes to cray cray rule or will they be the product of their environment.

Then look at it like this BR has a brother that he loved(Dareon) and a brother he hated (Bittersteel) Jon loves Robb and I get the feeling that these two men aren't going to like each other. Aegon wants to be in the thick of things and that's what youth will do to you. Jon was the same way when he was 14 and now that he's 17 he's much more mature. He's had to grow up faster and harder than hidden away Aegon. Yeah he's been hunted and starved but he's still had someone to make most of his decisions for his since he left KL. Where as Jon has been making decisions for the masses since he was what 15(beyond the wall riding with the wilding, helping the watch after he climbs the wall).

Yeah Jon's going to feel guilt and maybe a tad bit of self loathing. While Aegon is going to be pissed. HE had to hid the last 18 yrs, he's spend most of that time outside of his realm. He lost his mother, father and sister because of in his mind Jon. That's what I always got from the whole BR and BS episode. BS was pissed about the treatment of his mother over the replacement. I would love to see these too meet and try to have some semblemce of peace. Yet I can see that working as well as Herny 8 and Francis I meeting on the field of gold in 1522(I think) they hated each other and stove to spend the next 20 yrs destroying each other(politically) they even died like a month apart.

I could see these two in the practice yard. Jon takes out longclaw(blackfyre)and tries to take Aegon's head from his shoulders.

If we are treating both R+L=J and R+E=A as unequivocally true and known by both parties, I think both these guys would (initially) be happy the other was alive and well. Aside from that, it would depend on variables such as:

1. How long Jon lived inside Ghost after he was stabbed and whether fire magic was used on him
  2. What the other was doing with their troops and how that fit into the big picture
  3. Potentially problematic marriage alliances (Aegon-Arianne, Aegon-Sansa, Jon-Dany, etc)
  4. Potentially problematic non-marriage alliances (Aegon may have a problem with the wildlings, Jon is unlikely to be impressed by Varys & Illyrio, the Golden Company and/or Boltons & Freys and/or Dornish may influence events)
  5. What Dany and her dragons are doing
  6. Possible tactical disagreements

And of course, that's assuming that both are sons of Rhaegar and they both know it. But I don't see any circumstances under which they could be allies for long. Too many variables, and none of this is happening in a vacuum.

And Aegon is fake. In my opinion.

But I don't believe it will come to that. I fully expect war between Dany and Aegon. Jon is busy being a wolf right now, and when he's done he's got the Others to contend with. I actually only think Jon & fAegon will ally for any amount of time if:

1. They are forced to join their strength to fight the Others and prevent the realm from being destroyed OR
  2. Aegon marries Sansa (or Arya, I guess, though she's not likely to be an option OR
  3. There is some sort of weird "reunite Targ descendants" plural marriage of Aegon-Dany-Jon

But even then, I don't think it would last.

ETA: I don't believe Jon would try to usurp a real Aegon's claim, especially if they could work together. He wants to save the realm (and maybe kill an epic number of Boltons and Freys, which I can't imagine anyone minding). He'll do the king thing if he must, but only if he really must. But again, Aegon is fake.

If both are real and known to be and alive and meet. I think they would get along fine.. Aegon would have the claim and the army and no reason to immediately distrust Jon. Jon is no threat since Aegon has the army. It would take something else to bring these two against one another under the OP's setting.

I like Aegriff a lot, and IMO if he does find out about R+L he'll have no reasons to mistrust Jon (unlike JonCon) since he'll still be the older. I actually think Aegriff would love a brother, he's that kind of easygoing person.

That said, the kid's both 1) fake and 2) toast, so it's a moot point. Sadly.

ETA: I keep forgetting that writing B+) gives you a B) with the editor. Edited out.

I was reading a three-year-old thread this morning in which you and Kadence argued at great length over fAegon. I agree he's fake. Are you now a Blackfyre believer? Just curious. :)

Why would/should Aegon if real be happy about meeting the son(Jon) of the woman(Lyanna) his father(Rhaegar) ran out on his mother(Elia) with. If anything his reaction should be anger towards Jon for his mother helping an a way to bring down his entire family.

And if Jon does march south it will more than likely be with Stannis. Who would have to accept a King in the North for support. Something Aegon would not be willing to do.

Archived