Which moments you expect most on Winds of Winter

OberynRedViper

I want to see more of the Lands of Always Winter. Grrm said we would see more of them in the last 2 books.

Jon's arc, whatever it is. Unless he becomes UnJon.

Battle of ice.

Bran and BR.

Arya doing gods know what.

everything, really. AFFC and ADWD may not be the most plot-driven books, but they surely set things up for another crazy book. Crazier then ASOS.

A long (i mean, a very long) inner monologue of Dany about the inner politics and societal exchanges in an Dothraki horde soon after a new Khal(esi) takes control.

Arianne observing and giving advice in several games of cyvasse between Myrcella and Trystane.

Cercei see Tommen starting to write a long law (and all the discussions with the small Council about the subject) about his most cherished project: "Royal Banishement of All Beets in The Seven Kingdoms".

Meanwhile Manderly (a new POV, yay!) his recovering from his wounds, and while he is in bed his mind wanders into happier times, times of great feasts and plenty of food and exquisite recipes in WH, lot of music and joy in his court, when all oh his sons were still alive and the world in peace...

I would like to see the Queen of Thorns again in the wake of the expected Lannister/Tyrell tackle in KL

I would like to see Dany grab her new big Khalasar -> Mereen -> Dorne for Dornish alliance -> Oldtown (meet Samwell etc. learn important things about dragon mastery and the Wall) -> Wall

I would like to learn about the secrets of Casterly Rock

I would like to see Arya go Westeros again, perhaps after meeting Stannis envoyé in Bravos and learning from him about Jons situation at the Wall

and...and...and....*sigh*

1 - Hopefully Dany will have left Mereen (I think she will leave Missandei and her Unsullied in Mereen to watch over Astapor and Yunkai and prevent the return of slavery).

2 - An enormous slave revolt in Volantis that will support Dany. Tyrion will join with Dany and probably worm his way into a position where he can observe/manipulate her at will, not unlike how he convinced Aegon to invade Westeros on his own terms.

3 - Stannis will likely defeat Roose and reunite the North, whether or not Roose dies or flees is anyone's guess. The Others will continue to grow as a threat as more and more signs of their imminent invasion appear. "Dead things in the woods, dead things in the water." Hardhome, etc. Hopefully everyone's favorite Onion Knight will arrive with Rickon in tow.

4 - Aegon tips the balance of power in the south, Dorne rises for him, and probably the Storm Lords as well. Varys will continue to support him, possibly through targeted assassinations and even indirect support to keep Cersei/Tommen seated on the throne.

5 - I am almost certain Cersei will alienate any remaining loyalty of the commonfolk for her son's regime by persecuting the faith. I think she blames them for her humiliation and will violently crack down on them. The faith will seek allies and will likely find one the Targaryen resurgence in the south

6 - The Tyrell position will continue to deteriorate, because of pressure from two fronts. The Ironborn will continue to make gains towards Highgarden, and the Tyrells will try unsuccessfully to hold off Aegon and the Golden Company. If Randyll Tarly changes sides (which I think he might, he's going to do SOMETHING big though I don't know what), the Tyrells are screwed.

7 - Sansa is going to eventually take control in the Vale. Will she marry Sweet Robin? Maybe. I think the Blackfish is headed there now and will eventually meet up with and join Sansa, providing her with intel about the fate of her family, and potentially giving her impetus to go west. What role Petyr Baelish will play in all this, or if he will be a willing or unwilling participant is yet to be seen.

Aegon tips the balance of power in the south, Dorne rises for him, and probably the Storm Lords as well. Varys will continue to support him, possibly through targeted assassinations and even indirect support to keep Cersei/Tommon seated on the throne.

5 - I am almost certain Cersei will alienate any remaining loyalty of the commonfolk for her son's regime by persecuting the faith. I think she blames them for her humiliation and will violently crack down on them. The faith will seek allies and will likely find one the Targaryen resurgence in the south

Very possibly. Hell I would be surprised if she burns down KL altogether.

The Tyrell position will continue to deteriorate, because of pressure from two fronts. The Ironborn will continue to make gains towards Highgarden, and the Tyrells will try unsuccessfully to hold off Aegon and the Golden Company. If Randyll Tarly changes sides (which I think he might, he's going to do SOMETHING big though I don't know what), the Tyrells are screwed.

Which would be a shame because I like the Tyrrell's but as the Queen of Thorns so shrewdly noted, Mace might have screwed them by all deciding to ride the Lion to the throne...

Darkstar and where his story is going.

Tyene and Nym in King's Landing

Aegon and what he's doing along with JonCon's greyscale.

Jaime and Stoneheart.

Jon's resurrection or whatever we're calling it simply because I want to know the HOW of how he'll be brought back.

Cersei and Marg's trials

The how of Tommen and/or Myrcella's deaths. I know everyone loves these two kids, but I'm wondering if they'll go out in a worse way than Joff.

Along with that, Cersei's deeper descent into madness.

I'm a total bias on this, but Arya, whatever she may doing, is what I want to see the most. Can't wait to see where her character is going. Hopefully she returns to Westeros!

Asides from that, it's a long list of everything that will happen. So much to look forward to;

Jaime meets Stoneheart.

Battle of Winterfell and everything related.

Cersei's trial.

Aegon's conquest, and particularly JonCon. He is my favorite new POV in a long time. Heartbreaking story, I really want to see how it will play out .

There is the Wall, of course.

Hotah vs Darkstar.

Dany taking revenge over a certain Khal.

Action in Meereen! Dragonhorn!

I'm also looking forward to Sam chapters. Seriously. I can't wait to discover more about the Maester Conspiracy, Pate is Jaqen and Sam is a fat boy in a city threatened by Ironborn. How can I not look forward to that?

But perhaps what I'm looking forward to the most is the end of the book. The events that will be unforeseen. All the ASOIAF books end on a dramatic, unexpected note. I can't wait to experience it all over.

Oh, and there is also the return of the Game of Thrones, in wartime!

Also, the general conflict in Westeros is something I'm looking forward to. If there's one thing I learned from GRRM, it's that wars with just two factions are boring. Aegon goes against the IT who is divided against itself and fighting Ironborn, while Stannis is taking the North. Awesome.

I love when character arcs link up.

I'm excited for that moment after the Battle of Mereen when Barristan, Ser Jorah, Tyrion, Vic, Moqorro, and Marwyn are all in the same room playing off one another (add in Brown Ben Plumm and Strong Belwas, because why not!) What does the Red Priest say to Marwyn about Azor Ahai? What does Marwyn tell everyone about the Wall? Does Tyrion spill the beans about Aegon? Does Strong Belwas need liver and onions?

Archived