Straczynski/Wachowski Sense8 on Netflix

SpaceChampion

i accidentally watched episode 8 first. i knew what the general concept was and id heard that it doesnt make sense at first so i didnt really notice.

i actually was thinking that it wasnt confusing at all........maybe 35 mins in it got to a part where it just seemed like this shouldnt happen so early and then i looked at what episode i was watching.

so i went back and watched the first 3.i might have preferred 8 as a starting point.

it's.....decent. i like how they weave in completely different types of stories and the cinemtography is fantastic. the contrast between the different location is far and away the best part of the show.

i can't say that the characters are all that compelling though and i think it will certainly be hard pressed to make 8 interesting storylines feel complete.

the one thing that kinda bugs me is the characters for the most part are just totally cool with their ability and dont question it at all

I'm really enjoying this. For some reason, the stories are interesting to me and I'm somewhat enjoying the slow burn and quiet escalation. That being said, they really need to introduce the antagonist soon and start expanding the plot before I get bored. But after 5 episodes, I'm still invested.

Me and my girlfriend are lovng this so far. 3 episodes in. It's very intriguing so far, with some action, some great directing. It's very appealing visually, feels like you're watching a big production movie at times.

Definitely going to be watching more soon.

Funny how I was the first to post on the opening scene and then, thanks to the comments since I haven't got around to watching it. I will eventually but I was really hoping it was going to be a winner. Sounds more like a chore but I will give it a shot. Eventually.

Anyone else think the number of people in this cluster who only have one parent is significant? Except for, I think, Sun, who is the only one with both mother and father currently, and the Actor, who's parents we haven't met yet, everyone else seems to have either grown up with, or only currently has one parent.

Anyone else think the number of people in this cluster who only have one parent is significant? Except for, I think, Sun, who is the only one with both mother and father currently, and the Actor, who's parents we haven't met yet, everyone else seems to have either grown up with, or only currently has one parent.

Sun's mother is dead. They had a funeral flashback.

is this worth watching? I watched the honest trailer for jupiter ascending and it made it seem like it was the worst movie ever. Now I feel like the show could be just as terrible. If any of you want to see the honest trailer here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShAeafYCqxk

I'm at episode 4 but i'm quite enjoying it.

Visually, it looks stunning. The acting is great, there is a character for everyone to like, the story is a bit....weird, but it's different and i like it.

it's worth giving it a shot.

JMS said last year this first season would be just getting to know the characters and their origin stories, and he wasn't kidding. Very little of the long term story arc, but by the end of the season there's a huge problem for the characters they'll have to deal with. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and love the characters.

Is this any good?

IGN hasn't told you what to think about it? Strange.

These are just my own thoughts that are not plagiarized, but I've enjoyed it. It's not particularly strong in plot, but the character studies are great. I found myself connecting with every single character within the first few episodes, even the secondary and tertiary ones.

I feel like it has a frustrating start. It's like watching 5 different movies at once. But as the characters start interacting with each other, it starts to become very enjoyable.

My favorite character was Calpheus. He hit all the right notes. Funny, caring, and just so immensely likable.

However my favorite story line was Lito. Lito seemed very disconnected from the others until the end. I would have watched a show just about Litos story line!

Nomi annoyed me greatly for the first half of the season. But once she started getting her hack on and visiting others she got interesting. I loved her seen with Lito.

I felt like they didn't know what to do with Kala. And until the last two episodes Wolfgang's story completely bored me.

I will say though I felt like the payoff for Wolfgang's story made it all worth it. Also the blonde kid they had playing young Wolfie was fucking terrifying.

Will felt like a generic character. But I liked the actor, and felt like he had enough charisma to pull it off.

For most of the season I felt mostly meh about Riley. But her orgin story just gutted me, and retrospectively made me like the character more.

Sun was awesome. But I feel like the need to do more with her.

In all I think it was worth checking out. But it's not my favorite thing on

What the fuck am I watching!?! I think I'm too sauced for this shit. There's like four or five or six different characters who I'm trying to follow. I like the DJ chick, she's cool I guess? I like the actor (who I know is gay) because he's fucking hot as shit and pretty cool. The German guy's trying too hard. I like the lesbian (who's the transsexual?)'s girlfriend, I was a little annoyed by the "I'm crying because nobody's ever stood up for me before" thing, but Wachowski knows more about that kind of shit than I do (I just thought it was a little on the nose for the first episode).

The cop is whatever. The Korean chick is whatever. The Indian girl is whatever. And I haven't seen the black guy enough to say much more than whatever.

I think 8 POV's spread across 8 different storylines is just too much, but I'm only on episode 1.

ETA: Oh my god!!!

C'mon, Wachowskis, I'm trying to meet you half way here. But the black kid talking about how nobody cares if a black person gets shot is just too much. Jesus, is subtlety a completely unknown concept? This coming from someone who has NWA's Fuk Da Police on their 'At Work' playlist.

But hey! There's Sayid from 'Lost'!

Kind of, although there are more ties to each other here I'd say. It's basically very ambitious, and doesn't succeed in everything it tries, but is worth watching for what it does succeed in and the ambition itself. It's a real shame some of the characters fall flat, as this is the real thrust of it, the characters and how they deal with their various situations. The transsexual in particular has some awful dialogue (the first episodes attempt to depict her relationship is right up (down?) there with Anakin and Padme as far as I'm concerned), and it feels like they felt that being transsexual was enough of a character trait that needn't bother with anything else.

The number of scenes filmed in various countries with various actors makes me wonder how they filmed this, in blocks by country? Or chronogically? Chronologically would basically mean all the actors were constantly on planes between all 8 locations for the entire time, I wouldn't have thought that'd work.

Archived