The bloodroyal

Wmarshal

I seen a lot of people claim that if war does spark between Dany and Aegon the Yronwoods will side with Dany. I just can't see that happening at all. It would make sense if only lord yronwood son died but Quentyn died too. Not to mention Dany in away spit on his son's death by not marrying Quentyn.

I'm pretty sure it's the "dead sons are dead" thing that will decide their allegiance, not so much the marriage pact. But hey I'm crazy aren't I.

Dead sons aren't Dany's fault, making it a terrible basis to decide allegiance for a war. Maybe they will do it based on that, but it does make them idiots, as I said.

I don't see Danaerys and Aegon fighting each other. Dany has shown a willingness to share power and marry in order to secure power. Aegon's stated purpose is to have enough baking and power in order to present a favorable marriage proposal to Dany.

Dany was planning for or at least expecting her son to rule Westeros even when Viserys was still alive. She's also had the mummer's dragon vision, which I'm sure will put her on her guard. She's very pro-rule of law when it benefits her. I think this attitude will change dramatically when she learns that Aegon is still alive and oh hey his claim is better than hers.

It will really be a defining moment for her: Show she really does adhere to the laws of succession and step aside for Aegon, or show that she really is just a hypocrite and try to fight him.

Dead sons aren't Dany's fault, making it a terrible basis to decide allegiance for a war. Maybe they will do it based on that, but it does make them idiots, as I said.

To us it is not Dany's fault but on paper, " my son died trying to get Dany to marry Quentyn but instead she married a slaver and her dragon burnt my ward."

Dorne's allegiance for the time being will be decided when the news about Daenerys' alleged death will arrive at Sunspear. The Quentyn match won't be possible then. And if the news of Dany's disappearance/death arrives together with the news about Quentyn's demise, there won't we a way back.

I guess the Aegon-Dorne alliance will first be a temporary/provisional thing with Arianne and Doran believing that they should support Aegon to make use of the momentum the invasion of the Golden Company created. But I think both Arianne and Doran will continue to believe as long as they can that they still have the option to forsake Aegon for Dany if she should show up with King Quentyn as a dragonrider.

Anders Yronwood should go along with that plan as well, even after he learns about the deaths of Quentyn and Cletus. But it may be that the final arrival of Daenerys may cause a rift among the Dornishmen, with the Yronwoods siding with Dany.

How would the Blackfyres even come up, exactly?

Tyrion's essentially a maester in regards to history and Barristan fought them himself, why wouldn't it come up when they hear about a "Targ" at the head of the golden company?

Tyrion's essentially a maester in regards to history and Barristan fought them himself, why wouldn't it come up when they hear about a "Targ" at the head of the golden company?

Varys and Illyrio would have to be pretty stupid to ally "Aegon" with the Golden Company if they didn't have some cover story prepared to explain it.

Tyrion met Aegon and shows no sign in thinking he is a blackfyre and old Barry only sees treachery when others tells him it is treachery.

Tyrion met Aegon and shows no sign in thinking he is a blackfyre and old Barry only sees treachery when others tells him it is treachery.

Tyrion doesn't need to think he's a blackfyre, he just has to convince Dany that he is in order to out himself in the best position to get CR for himself when it all ends.

It will really be a defining moment for her: Show she really does adhere to the laws of succession and step aside for Aegon, or show that she really is just a hypocrite and try to fight him.

She is going to want to meet him, and the meeting is going to set the stage of their relationship. Is he going to come at her making demands, "making a claim", or is he going to be coming at her as a junior partner, or offering an equal marriage. If he tries to be overbearing or boss her around, she's not going to care who he is, legal claim or not. They're her dragons and her Army. She'll tell Aegon to take his primogeniture legal claim and shove it.

I don't think he's going to do that. I think he wants to woo her. He knows he's not going to get anywhere telling the mother of dragons and sacker of cities: "hey, you belong to me now, and the IT is mine too, give me your dragons".

She is going to want to meet him, and the meeting is going to set the stage of their relationship. Is he going to come at her making demands, "making a claim", or is he going to be coming at her as a junior partner, or offering an equal marriage. If he tries to be overbearing or boss her around, she's not going to care who he is, legal claim or not. They're her dragons and her Army. She'll tell Aegon to take his primogeniture legal claim and shove it.

I don't think he's going to do that. I think he wants to woo her. He knows he's not going to get anywhere telling the mother of dragons and sacker of cities: "hey, you belong to me now, and the IT is mine too, give me your dragons".

tpatq showed dragons her dragons' age can die easily. Nothing we have seen in her force currently is impressive.

Archived