The bloodroyal

Wmarshal

Don't worry guys and gals. Dany doesn't want the IT. And there won't be a Dance 2.0. To those that think there is time for a civil war between Dany and fAegon, can you please explain to me how there is enough time for that.

A. Time means nothing.

B. I sure someone will take the bait.

Don't worry guys and gals. Dany doesn't want the IT. And there won't be a Dance 2.0. To those that think there is time for a civil war between Dany and fAegon, can you please explain to me how there is enough time for that.

You might want to tell the author that. Seeing as he seemed to suggest that yes there would be a Dance 2.0.

If Dany and fAegon come into conflict, it won't be anything like the first Dance. It can't. I don't think we can really look at what happened before and use it as a basis for what may happen this time around. As many have pointed out, Dany's dragon's are still babes. Also, only Dany has dragons. And they are her children! No one will turn Dany's dragons against her. Moreover, Westeros is already preoccupied with war.

If Dany and fAegon come into conflict, it won't be anything like the first Dance. It can't. I don't think we can really look at what happened before and use it as a basis for what may happen this time around. As many have pointed out, Dany's dragon's are still babes. Also, only Dany has dragons. And they are her children! No one will turn Dany's dragons against her. Moreover, Westeros is already preoccupied with war.

Only Dany has dragons now. What on earth makes you think that that won't or can't change? As has also already been pointed out, she can only ever ride one dragon. Viserion and Rhaegal are essentially on their own, and who knows who could come along to claim them or where they might end up. You don't want to use the past to predict the future, but you want to use an in-flux status quo to predict the future?

Aegon's dragons were also substantially larger than any of Dany's, by magnitudes. Balerion was already, what, well over 100 years old when Aegon invaded. Are you seriously saying that Dany's dragons, the largest of which she can only now ride, and barely, are anywhere close to having the same offensive value of any of Aegon's three? Shenanigans.

This is true. Aegon's dragons were quite larger. But it seems to me that Dany's boys are big enough. :) They don't have the same offensive value, but they are dangerous enough, especially from a moral standpoint. (not philosophy moral value, military science moral value)

Only Dany has dragons now. What on earth makes you think that that won't or can't change? As has also already been pointed out, she can only ever ride one dragon. Viserion and Rhaegal are essentially on their own, and who knows who could come along to claim them or where they might end up. You don't want to use the past to predict the future, but you want to use an in-flux status quo to predict the future?

If anyone is going to catch some dragons, it would probably be Victarion, with his spear and magic hellllllmet (horn), or Stannis by awakening some stone dragon somewhere. Aegon doesn't have access.

This is true. Aegon's dragons were quite larger. But it seems to me that Dany's boys are big enough. :) They don't have the same offensive value, but they are dangerous enough, especially from a moral standpoint. (not philosophy moral value, military science moral value)

If anyone is going to catch some dragons, it would probably be Victarion, with his spear and magic hellllllmet (horn), or Stannis by awakening some stone dragon somewhere. Aegon doesn't have access.

1. I suggested earlier that Dany's dragons are probably more comparable to Stormcloud and Moondancer, younger dragons that weren't hatchlings but could only barely support their riders. So we're not even talking not-Aegon's-dragons league here. They're probably not even as big as Tyraxes, Arrax, etc., dragons that were allowed to mature on Dragonstone with relatively little confinement. If Rhaenys was giving an inventory of available fighting dragons during the Dance, Dany's three would've been written off and left at home, just like Moondancer and Stormcloud were. I don't think people comprehend or appreciate just how not-formidable these things are. They are not Syrax, Caraxes, Dreamfyre, Sunfyre and so on.

2. A lot can change, including access. I wouldn't write it off so blithely.

They are not big enough as in dance dragons their size died quite easily and fear only works so long as one of them aren't struck down by a crossbolt.

What I said is that because of their size they are vulnerable and easier to be killed.

Just to highlight stormcloud which had sort of freedom in dragonstone and of age with dany's dragons died by cross bolts.

Dragons are firepower, but they are not evidence of legal rights.

Her dragons don't fortify her claim to the IT, they're only tools to get there.

According to Targaryen law, the same law Dany herself claims to want to follow, Aegon is the rightful king. So who's getting too big for their britches, really?

According to the Targaryen law she is the heir since Jon took a vow and Aegon is fake.

I haven't seen you accusing Stannis for wanting to overthrow Joffrey based on the fact that he's a bastard. Why is it alright for one and wrong for another? I smell double standards here... unless you believe that Joffrey is the rightful king of Westeros, in which case I'll just withdraw.

Her dragons don't fortify her claim to the IT, they're only tools to get there.

According to the Targaryen law she is the heir since Jon took a vow and Aegon is fake.

I haven't seen you accusing Stannis for wanting to overthrow Joffrey based on the fact that he's a bastard. Why is it alright for one and wrong for another? I smell double standards here... unless you believe that Joffrey is the rightful king of Westeros, in which case I'll just withdraw.

In book there is no evidence proving Aegon is fake.

What I said is that because of their size they are vulnerable and easier to be killed.

I agree. They are younger and smaller with no "combat experience".

Just to highlight stormcloud which had sort of freedom in dragonstone and of age with dany's dragons died by cross bolts.

Dragons can be killed. This is not surprising information. Stormcloud also suffered from a scorpion boot through the neck and was ridden by a 9 year old boy. He was also ambushed. You're taking the dragon's death out of context just to make it seem like it's totally easy to take one down.

I agree. They are younger and smaller with no "combat experience".

Dragons can be killed. This is not surprising information. Stormcloud also suffered from a scorpion boot through the neck and was ridden by a 9 year old boy. He was also ambushed. You're taking the dragon's death out of context just to make it seem like it's totally easy to take one down.

The boy had as much a experience as Dany and this is the tactic an commander with half a brain would use against a dragon.

The boy had as much a experience as Dany and this is the tactic an commander with half a brain would use against a dragon.

No doubt people will shoot at her dragons with arrows (already have). Tactics will be used against them (obviously). Whether they'll be just as effective as previous attempts to kill dragons, we will have to wait and see.

No doubt people will shoot at her dragons with arrows (already have). Tactics will be used against them (obviously). Whether they'll be just as effective as previous attempts to kill dragons, we will have to wait and see.

Here we agree.

Because there is actual proof of Joffrey being a bastard, not least of which is that Cersei herself has admitted it.

Because there is actual proof of Joffrey being a bastard, not least of which is that Cersei herself has admitted it.

Eddard Stark had a confesion. He was free to rebel. Stannis on the other hand... not so much. Whatever he did was based on assumptions.

In book there is no evidence proving Aegon is fake.

Because only a few know of his existence. Evidence will follow.

It's hinted that Doran already has doubts about him.

On the size of Dany's dragons:

GRRM said that they will become as large as he/the story needs them to be. Which could indicate that at least Drogon could grow as large as Sunfyre by the time Dany finally gets to Westeros, and Rhaegal/Viserion could reach the size of the Arrax/Vermax/Tyraxes.

For instance, Drogon could feast on many of the horses of Jhaqo's khalasar and thus grow much faster, and all Dany's dragons could feast on the corpses of the coming battles. It could turn out that human flesh is boosting dragon growth quite a bit. GRRM could come with any explanation he wants for dragon growth. He sets the rules for his magical creatures.

Archived