Let's defend Cersei in this topic

SerBarristantheOld

Omg how could I have left out that abomination. You would think she would have wanted to raise him to be a better man than her loser husband, but he ended up being 100x worse.

and lets not forget Robert had very little to do with raising the kids, it was mostly Cersei. She did a decent job with Tommon I suppose, but with the crown prince..........................not so much, lol

and lets not forget Robert had very little to do with raising the kids, it was mostly Cersei. She did a decent job with Tommon I suppose, but with the crown prince..........................not so much, lol

Tommen and Myrcella are only ok because she mostly ignored them and left their education to septas and maesters.

She didn't do a good job with any of them. Joffrey came out worse than the younger two because of nature, not nurture.

She was kind to Sansa. Even in her thoughts she remembers. And she was going to find her a good marriage

Lol I'm sorry, I really don't remember her being very kind at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she didn't really care that Joffrey was having her beaten so long as it didn't leave any visible marks.

She may have thought that she was doing Sansa some kindness, but I really don't think this was ever the case.

She used psychological terror on Sansa, gave her the feeling she was worthless, stupid, treacherous.

Cersei did her best to broke Sansa mentally while her scumbag son had her molested.

Very helpful.

Dunno why im trying to argue with a inbred like you.

Go back bang your sisters.

Cersei is not a bad character. She gets far too much of the blame that she doesn't deserve.

Did she commit Incest?

Yes. But it is not as bad as it is in our world. The culture of the seven kingdoms is full of references to the Targaryens. When you want to say someone is brave and chivalrous, you mention Aemon the Dragonknight. When you wish to mention someone id formidable and badass, you compare with Aegon the conqueror. When you wish to praise someone's beauty, you compare it with the dragonlords etc. And the Targaryens had made this a regular practice. Lacking science, and not having much in the way of religion, and with Targaryen precedent, this may not be as bad as it is for us.

Did she raise Joffrey?

Yes. But she also raised the adorable Tommen as well as Myrcella. And don't drag out that old canard about how she doesn't love her children. Tommen does not act like someone who is accustomed to neglect from her. He asks after her when she is absent. Still seeks her approval for his kittens etc.

Did she cheat on Robert?

Yes. And which hypocrite would blame her?

Did she have Bran thrown from the window?

No. In fact she was unhappy with Jaime for doing so.

Did she want Eddard dead?

No. She would have sent him to the wall. And had he accepted her offer (see my signature) even that wouldn't have been necessary.

Did she kill Robert?

Not directly. But this move was only made when her own and her children's lives were put in serious danger.

Did she kill Jon Arryn?

No. Pycelle may not have helped much, but Littlefinger is the one to blame.

Did she start the Wo5K?

No. Littlefinger is the proper culprit here again.

She even would have made Sansa a decent match (Lancel is who she thinks of during her walk of shame).

She is fearful of the Tyrells, but she is not wrong about them. In fact they have done worse to her than she has to them (killed off her son).

Her father was negligent and her husband was a whoring abusive drunk whom she never loved. The brother whose arms she sought comfort in and whose children she lovingly bore (why would she rather than just drink Moon tea if she didn't love him) abandoned her to her own devices when she needed his help and support the most just because she couldn't take the insane step of openly marrying him. Hr uncle refused to support her after her father died unless she gave up all power and abandon her son to his care, even after losing the first son she loved so much. Left with only one weapon to tie men to her, she used her beauty. But even those that she hoped to win like this were not true to her. Her uncle effectively participated in her humiliating downfall.

She used psychological terror on Sansa, gave her the feeling she was worthless, stupid, treacherous.

Cersei did her best to broke Sansa mentally while her scumbag son had her molested.

Very helpful.

Dunno why im trying to argue with a inbred like you.

Go back bang your sisters.

Such personal comments on someone seem uncalled for. I think the mods will shut it down soon if they are contacted.

She didn't do a good job with any of them. Joffrey came out worse than the younger two because of nature, not nurture.

So the other two can be taken as examples of how a normal kid would turn out under her nurturing?

Tommen and Myrcella are only ok because she mostly ignored them and left their education to septas and maesters.

So anything good is to be attributed to others, but anything bad is to be attributed to her? With that logic anyone can be made to appear monstrous.

Well they should have shut it as soon as someone praised for incest.

Saying something about a concept or idea, one that is moreover prominent in the books, and saying something about someone personally are different things.

Yeah, basically Ned was just trying to uphold Westerosi law; it's also worth noting that he gave Cersei a chance to escape Westeros with her children, and start afresh Essos-where they all could have lived long and happy lives. And Cersei thanked him, for his mercy, by arresting him on false charges of treason.

But to be fair, to Cersei, she taught us all a good lesson, on why you should never give your enemies forewarning.

The moral of Aesop's fable of "The Farmer and the Viper", don't waste your kindness on evil.

She is quite vindictive, and has Sansa's direwolf killed even though Lady wasn't responsible for what happened to Joffrey, and Cersei gained nothing out of it. She also never accepts responsibility or fault for anything. When she is torturing the Blue Bard she thinks it is Margaery's fault:

Yes. Cersei blamed Margaery Tyrell for this. If not for her, Wat might have lived a long and fruitful life, singing little songs and bedding pig girls and crofter's daughters. Her scheming forced this on me. She has soiled me with her treachery.

Ser Balman Byrch is killed by Bronn as a result of Cersei's plot, and she doesn't display any compassion for Falyse or feel any responsibility. When Falyse asks Cersei what to do, Cersei's first advice is for her to join the silent sisters, and later gives her to Qyburn. She justifies this thinking that Falyse would not have wanted to live long without her husband anyway. She has virtually no humanity or compassion for her fellow man, and whenever someone impedes her somehow, her first thought in remedying the situation is through violence. The way she treated baby Tyrion, and killed her friend, Melara, when she was girl are clear warning signs.

She sees herself surrounded by enemies, but that is because she keeps making enemies. It was simply not worth it to start a spat with the Starks over Joffrey being mauled when Cersei is already scared after Bran's fall. She isolates the Tyrells in administration, has Margaery framed and tries to have Trystane killed.

Her love for her children and Jaime is her only redemptive quality.

Archived