Watch the Foreshadowing

Westeros

It was clearly Ellaria, and not Shae. Shae, curiously, was not shown at all during the feature.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Shae had plenty to do in Season 3, and she featured in Season 3 BTS/promo material barely at all.

Should be better than Ilyn Payne as it is in the books. Although doesn't Jaime choose him because he is a mute so nobody realises how far his skillset has actually fallen?

Yep. He first chooses Adam Marband, an old friend, expecting him to keep the secret, but realizes he could accidentally/drunkenly reveal it, so he picks Payne, who can't.

Edit: Hmm could the clip of Drogon be the final scene this season. A certain scene with the Brotherhood would be my hope but this would also make an epic finale. Also clip needs more Stan , Mel and Davos.

Unlikely. That's probably the scene where Drogon eats the little girl, before Dany throws her dragons in the dungeon; it'll probably happen in episode 8 or the finale, but in any case they definitely wouldn't show the last shot of the season in a trailer.

I don't think its quite the end of cute dragons. By the look of that shot the dragon is focusing on the sheep and not the person cowering down there. Maybe it only kills the child by accident in the show. Since I doubt they'll show a dragon eating a small child it'll probably be presented to us as an unfortunate accident whilst to Dany and everyone else its dragons eating people. Plus the other two dragons were never as wild as Drogon and were much more mild.

My first impression was also that Drogon is huge compared to the books, but some posters pointed out that he actually might not be that much larger than a horse, and even his wingspan could be around 20 feet. Drogon is clearly behind the girl in the shot, the view of his tail is being obstructed by her. But its a tele shot, where stuff kind of has the same size if it's not too far away, and since he seems to be very close or even almost above her, the two figures should give a good size comparison. Now, she is a child, and crouched on the floor, so if you imagine what a grown up standing next to her would be like, drogon is not that much taller. And three to four times the size of that adult height seems a good approximation for the wingspan as well.

But he is quite clearly going in for the kill in this shot, and the girl is the target. I have it running on infinite repeat as a gif due to its epicness, and I see no other interpretation of that scene. The goat is moving from the left to the right, and is way in front of him, but his head does not make any motion from left to right, he is actually looking almost directly down, down on the girl. Her crouching away in terror is another hint of where he is looking at. And towards the end of the shown clip, he opens his mouth, and we all know what comes out of a dragons mouth. I am over 90% sure this scene isn't done yet and on the show will go on to include Drogon roasting a small kid, which is aweful, gut-wrenching and taking something we love and having it do something horrible, which is kind of a thing in GoT. It will also be a very visual explanation of why Dany decides to lock them up, which might actually make that more understandable as in the books.

I don't think we'll see Drogon eating the child on-screen, but I expect it will be very clear what he is doing and that it is not an accident.

well, actually:

I really don't believe that the show will shy away from Drogon killing the kid, accident or no. This is the show that brought us dead girls on ice, baby slaughtering, child murderers, castration and pregnant lady stabbing.

:agree:

yes and he also uses Payne as a sort of confessional, seeing as he can't tell anyone Jamie's sins. He reveals Twincest to him IIRC. I felt that these confessions were an important part of Jamie's healing and growth arc.

Will Jaime see any improvement other than a moderate one? (I have finished adwd)

I imagine his eye and brain see things he just cant perform. Kind of like a great shot boxer.

Yeah, it's pretty in the open. It could be an accident (aimed for goat, goat fled, kid died), an act of curiosity, agressiveness, or (my choice) a beast learning how to kill /becoming wild. It could be Drogon being free for too long, out of control for too long, and thus feeling the wild impulse more intensely than the restraint Dany had tried to instill in him.

Yeah if Drogon ate the kid, wouldn't he eat bones at all, rather than nibble the flesh of the bones. Either an accident or a complete set-up.

Yeah if Drogon ate the kid, wouldn't he eat bones at all, rather than nibble the flesh of the bones. Either an accident or a complete set-up.

That's why I think Drogon should have been smaller, having to rip flesh from the bones rather than be able to eat the kid in just a few bites.

That's why I think Drogon should have been smaller, having to rip flesh from the bones rather than be able to eat the kid in just a few bites.

He could've just chewed the child and spit her bones out, kinda like we eat fish, only in a bigger scale.

I can see Dany losing a lot of fans this season (finally!). Soon enough we will have Unsullied Stanstans and Dany haters :lol:

He could've just chewed the child and spit her bones out, kinda like we eat fish, only in a bigger scale.

I can see Dany losing a lot of fans this season (finally!). Soon enough we will have Unsullied Stanstans and Dany haters :lol:

They won't hate their Carleeesy, they will hate the show runners instead.

Holy Batman that was amazing!!!! So many spoilers which is strange. Especially giving away Dany in a throne room and Tyrion's Trial but maybe thats because I know whats coming.

<snip>

Yeah, I wish they also showed a few spoilerish clips of Stannis/Davos/Mel (at the Wall). Something to remind the viewers they still exist and that they'll get to do exciting things as well.

Archived