Community: #twentyseasonsandabuttflagonthemoon

OnionAhaiReborn

Carrying on from the last thread on the subject of things missed, I'm reminded of just how much I'm going to miss Donald Glover. When Community comes back from break we're in for the first extended Troy-less stretch of the show. It'll be interesting to see how well, or, as the case may be, not well, the show works without him.

I missed until very recently that the title of Season 3's "Law and Order" episode, "Basic Lupine Urology" is a Dick Wolf joke. A very funny one, I think.

Also, I'm already missing the show during its Olympic hiatus. Life is better with regular new Community episodes.

'Community': B.J. Novak to guest in season finale

EW has learned that the Office alum — whose first book was released this week and who will hit the big screen this spring in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 — will make a cameo appearance in the first half of the finale. How exactly Novak factors into the story is being kept under wraps, but he plays what’s being described as “a TV star in a sexy new series.

The first half of the finale is expected to air on NBC in April.

David Cross, Chris Elliott, Tim Heidecker, Eric Wareheim, Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan, and Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz are among the other famous faces that will pop up in future installments of Community. New episodes of the fifth (and possibly final) season resume airing Feb. 27.

In communist society, where nobody has one exclusive sphere of activity but each can become accomplished in any branch he wishes, society regulates the general production and thus makes it possible for me to do one thing today and another tomorrow, to hunt in the morning, fish in the afternoon, rear cattle in the evening, criticise after dinner, just as I have a mind, without ever becoming hunter, fisherman, herdsman or critic.

- Karl Marx

The first blanket fort episode is better than the second, even with the War Docu parody, but Tory and Abed telling painful truths about one another is one of the shows best moments.

Just to clarify the forums dedication to Community.

...and I will continue to maintain TBBT is the better show, Sci. Community is just funnier - that's why i'm watching it now. I'm despondent and Community cheers me up. I tried watching a couple of TBBT episodes and they just made me want to curl up and never get out of bed ever again.

Heheheheh.

...and I will continue to maintain TBBT is the better show, Sci. Community is just funnier - that's why i'm watching it now. I'm despondent and Community cheers me up.

Hey, as a non-commie citizen of the greatest nation on the planet I believe everyone has the right to express their opinion. Even when that opinion is as wrong as Abed and Britta hooking up. ;-)

Hey, as a non-commie citizen of the greatest nation on the planet I believe everyone has the right to express their opinion. Even when that opinion is as wrong as Abed and Britta hooking up. ;-)

...I find that intriguing. Actually, I suspect I would have rooted for Abed/Annie if they'd gone there.

...I find that intriguing. Actually, I suspect I would have rooted for Abed/Annie if they'd gone there.

I think it might have worked [if the groundwork had been laid in S1] but Annie would have to be a significantly different character.

As an aside, I thought the deaf woman was Danny Pudi's wife but it's actually an actress named Katie Leclerc who was on Veronica Mars.

I think it might have worked [if the groundwork had been laid in S1] but Annie would have to be a significantly different character.

As an aside, I thought the deaf woman was Danny Pudi's wife but it's actually an actress named Katie Leclerc who was on Veronica Mars.

I wouldn't have minded Annie/Troy either...anything but Annie/Jeff.

Huh, Leclerc was on The Riches. That was a strange, interesting show which I enjoyed quite a bit, I think, and had since completely forgotten the existence of.

Carrying on from the last thread on the subject of things missed, I'm reminded of just how much I'm going to miss Donald Glover. When Community comes back from break we're in for the first extended Troy-less stretch of the show. It'll be interesting to see how well, or, as the case may be, not well, the show works without him.

I missed until very recently that the title of Season 3's "Law and Order" episode, "Basic Lupine Urology" is a Dick Wolf joke. A very funny one, I think.

Also, I'm already missing the show during it's Olympic hiatus. Life is better with regular new Community episodes.

Yeah, as nervous as I am about how well the show will function now that they've dealt, rather brilliantly, with the departures of Pierce and Troy, I'm still a bit bummed that we won't be getting new episodes until after the break. So far the season has been really top notch. I recently rewatched the season so far. The weakest episode, Basic Intergluteal Numismatics, was much better when placed in context (the scene between Prof Duncan and Annie is played perfectly). I'm not sure where they can go from here, but they've done a great job repairing the wreckage from season 4.

You know, I've wondered about the title of the Law and Order episode since I first saw it. Now I'm kicking myself for not getting the joke.

I dunno, she's been fairly easily charmed/seduced by him on several occasions while pretending to be Don Draper, Jeff, and Han Solo.

Am I the only Jeff and Annie fan in the world?? It seems like it. I don't get the hate, I really don't--is it the age? They're both consenting adults, right? Whatever, they seem to make the most sense.

They do make the most sense, but Annie is so pure and nice while Jeff is so sleazy and vain (though from that one episode that had him flash though all the things that were important to him, she was on many of the slides).

I'm gonna stop watching methinks.

Bye

Anyone else notice that Britta is The New Pierce? She's been deliberately cruel ever since Pierce died. And she does it just so she can be right (Lava Tag: Abed), make Jeff look foolish (Lava Tag: Jeff), or as elaborate vengeance (Bloodlines of Conquest). I know she's had moments like this in the past, I know it was Jeff was being (kinda) dickish and they have a history of sparring, and I know Abed was being jerky with his kinda spoiler (even though Britta had stupid reason for not being caught up). But seriously, ever since Pierce's death, she's been really an ass.

Am I the only Jeff and Annie fan in the world?? It seems like it. I don't get the hate, I really don't--is it the age? They're both consenting adults, right? Whatever, they seem to make the most sense.

No, I'm an Annie/Jeff fan. I think they're cute and the age difference never seemed that much to me. Maybe because I don't really think of Annie was as young as her character is supposed to be. I see her mid-20s, but I guess she's like 19 when the show starts?

I never thought Pierce or Troy were the best characters, so I definitely think the show can survive without them.

They really need to start developing Annie. She's hardly been touched upon, and is the least developed of the study group. At least last episode mainly focused on Annie.

I also like Jeff/Annie as a couple. Jeff/Annie, romantically and non-romantically, is one of the best dynamics of the series.

I'm not married to the idea, but there's no need to be deliberately offensive. I don't mind being shown how very wrong I am, but this was unnecessary. A response in the vein of "I disagree and here's why" would have been more polite.

ETA: This was a reply to Flashheart

Archived