New Tommen

Fishb4hjoker

The pic for those who haven't seen it, between Tyrion and Cersei: http://31.media.tumblr.com/4e3b06c7261f1d01b199b9cfd78cdda7/tumblr_n0ri6v1Ium1r9h4heo4_1280.jpg

He doesn't look like the same actor who played Martyn Lannister in S3, as the rumors said. It's probably him, but he looks very different. Looks young enough to me, even though he's a year or two older than the previous actor. No idea about his characterization, though.

The pic for those who haven't seen it, between Tyrion and Cersei: http://31.media.tumblr.com/4e3b06c7261f1d01b199b9cfd78cdda7/tumblr_n0ri6v1Ium1r9h4heo4_1280.jpg

He doesn't look like the same actor who played Martyn Lannister in S3, as the rumors said. It's probably him, but he looks very different. Looks young enough to me, even though he's a year or two older than the previous actor. No idea about his characterization, though.

Yeah, he looks a bit old to be playing with kittens, planning to outlaw beets, and merrily placing the royal stamp on every document that's placed in front of him. The writers will have an interesting task in writing a version of Tommen that maintains his sweetness and innocence while reflecting the actor's age.

The casting of Dean-Charles Chapman (Martyn in Season 3) as Tommen was confirmed a while back. The actor definitely looks like he could be Lena Headey's Cersei's child.

Do wish they'd gone for somebody a couple of years younger, but he does at least look remarkably like Joffrey. Be interested in what spin they put on him, seeing as he's too old to be playing with kittens (as said above.).

Do wish they'd gone for somebody a couple of years younger, but he does at least look remarkably like Joffrey. Be interested in what spin they put on him, seeing as he's too old to be playing with kittens (as said above.).

You're never too old to play with kittens. :)

Now, outlawing beets is another thing.

The kittens, beets and stamps HAVE to be in the show imho. At least it'd be very sad if they weren't. Hope they didn't age him up only so that they can show his wife take off her clothes in front of him and try to seduce him (like the Renly-scene in S2).

The actor who plays Tommen is 16 now, if they don't age him up a good bit, that makes no sense. 16 is a young man, not a kid. They're running into the same problem with the Stark siblings, they all look their ages or older. In 2 days Sophie will be 18. Maisie is weeks from 17. Isaac is weeks from 15. Just age them up and get on with the story.

Yeah, he looks a bit old to be playing with kittens, planning to outlaw beets, and merrily placing the royal stamp on every document that's placed in front of him. The writers will have an interesting task in writing a version of Tommen that maintains his sweetness and innocence while reflecting the actor's age.

The casting of Dean-Charles Chapman (Martyn in Season 3) as Tommen was confirmed a while back. The actor definitely looks like he could be Lena Headey's Cersei's child.

I do not see any reason to potray Tommen as naive or childlish.

I do not see any reason to potray Tommen as naive or childlish.

He's got to be somewhat naive. Him being a mere figurehead is an important part of the plot, the only real role he plays. I expect he'll be a tad more defiant, but still timid and meek.

Just like they raised Joffrey's age and accommodated that change with more character traits(Sexual Sadism scene) they will have to change Tommen's little boy character to accommodate the new age of Show Tommen probably being 12/13, I dont know if the kitten angle will fit, but the Margery malipulation angle will definitely be emphasized more, maybe some hints of physical contact since hes older, like kissing

A bit disappointed they've made him older tbh. I guess they wanted to get in line with the rest of the cast but the point of Tommen is to be the embodiment of sweetness and innocence... Having him older might muddy the waters. We'll just have to wait and see.

They probably had to cast a bit older because whatever happens to Tommen in the future books is absolutely brutal.

Or they had to cast older because it's easier to use a 16-year old for a regular role that requires lots of screentime, as well as travelling to another country and shooting for a few months.

Archived