Chapter 18 Jon

Throstle

I am surprised that Stannis is riding south to renew the fight against the other kings. I thought Stannis had promised to arm every castle along The Wall by years end. I thought that he realized that the true threat came from the Others. Why does Jon want to keep the wildlings with him instead of Stannis? Actually, when you compare the wildlings to some of the North Med like the Boltons, Freys, or even the Iron Borne, the wildlings are more civilized more humane bunch. You should just let the wildling come south, they are only running from The Others. The Others are the real threat I think.

Stannis is not about to join the Night's Watch. Even if he wants to guard the border in order to be king, he is not forsaking his part of the world. That makes him prone to his enemies south of the wall, he plans to root them out before they stab him in the back.

• 4 weeks later...

Stannis is not about to join the Night's Watch. Even if he wants to guard the border in order to be king, he is not forsaking his part of the world. That makes him prone to his enemies south of the wall, he plans to root them out before they stab him in the back.

:agree:

Archived