House of Cards, Second Season

gougef

Yeah, I could have seen that development happening in the 12th episode, but at the first? That was a shock.

That said, as soon as

they met at the train station, I guessed that would happen

Quite honestly, I still didn't expect something of that magnitude to happen just yet. But holy bananas, that was shocking.

Only watched the first episode. I've got all weekend and next week free, so I'll have time.

That was not at least a surprise for anyone who has watched the Brit version. In fact, over here, I'm really glad they got past that hump so quickly.

What is much more surprising is how they used one of the tropes -- which I can't say because of spoilers -- which had me going O NO You Ain't Gonna Do That Stupid Lazy Male Protag Motivation Thing -- and they turned it into something else.

Haven't seen them all -- how could I, have a life -- but this is excellent. I especially like, well can't say now, don't want to spoil.

Wow, I still can't believe that happened. I expected him to get involved into some more dirty, shady shit but that just blew my mind, even more so because it happened in the first episode. I look forward to how the rest of the season plays out. So far, it's spectacular.

Holy shit that was an amazing first episode.

I knew that'd happen at some point (read up on the British version a while back), I just didn't expect it so soon. I just hope the rest of the season doesn't follow the same schedule as the first (i.e. amazing first couple episodes and then a whole bunch of filler until an amazing final few episodes) and stays strong throughout.

Seen the first three episodes, certainly enjoying it so far. My biggest complaint of the first season was the absolute shit show that followed after Russo's death. The show fell completely flat from there, but I'm liking it so far.

I've just finished episode 6 and I've really enjoying it, although I have an issue at how

they eliminated pretty much all the threats that could expose Frank so soon and so easily. I doubt this would have happened if this show ended this season as it was originally intended, and I have to wonder if they'll begin to extend it more than it should.

Anyway, it's pretty good. One of course has to remember Varys' riddle about power seeing

this cold war between Tusk and Frank for whom controls the president, with Frank fully using the might of the American government to achieve his ends. He has the men with all the guns, after all.

Haven't gotten to the 6th episode yet, but will today. It's snowing again, and there's ice everywhere underfoot, excellent excuses reasons for staying inside and watching House of Cards. :cheers:

I've just finished episode 6 and I've really enjoying it, although I have an issue at how

they eliminated pretty much all the threats that could expose Frank so soon and so easily. I doubt this would have happened if this show ended this season as it was originally intended, and I have to wonder if they'll begin to extend it more than it should.

Anyway, it's pretty good. One of course has to remember Varys' riddle about power seeing

this cold war between Tusk and Frank for whom controls the president, with Frank fully using the might of the American government to achieve his ends. He has the men with all the guns, after all.

Note: I'm up through episode 6 as well.

I wonder if the original plan was that Season 2 would be the rest of Frank's rise as well as his fall, and once Spacey agreed to do a third season they split it up so that Season 2 is just the rest of rise and that Season 3 will be the long fall.

Now I'd be fine with that, after all the British show was 3 series, the problem is that everyone involved keeps talking about "going on as long as there's story left to tell." And once Frank's president (which I assume happens at some point this season), what story is left to tell except his fall? Or would they really drag things out and have a season about him running the country, a season about his re-election campaign, etc.?

Archived