Which character is the "Face" of the show?

D-Shiznit

It's Dany, followed closely by Tyrion.

Unfortunately it's Tyrion and Dany, with Jon following behind.

I would hope for Season 5 that Jon is the 'main face'.

Why for season 5? Dany and Cersei were the main POVs in AFfC and ADwD; Dany may not have had as many chapters as Jon, but a large portion of the story centered around her.

dany. then tyrion.

dany's face (and dragons) is used in tons of hbo commericals where i live. tyrion is on more magazine covers. there could be an interesting discussion around that but i think it boils down to the assumption that dany and her dragons are super interesting to watch while tyrion is super interesting to chat with.

Surprised at the lack of Cersei in this thread, she is practically in very major magazine shoot, roundtable discussion, major interviews etc. Lena is also a very popular and is a frequent guest at late night talk shows. I think after the big 3, she's definitely next.

Tyrion and Daenerys. He's featured prominently a lot of the time, however she largely seems to be becoming the face of the show in many ways.

On the opposite side of the coin, Joffrey has been a very central figure to the show with his villain status, especially with the whole 'Roast Joffrey' thing they had going on Twitter. Gleeson's done so well in the part to the point where they're really playing on the hate the character has gotten, and they've been doing it effectively.

I think of it as being Tyrion, ever since Ned died, though Dany isn't far behind. Peter Dinklage got easily the most screen time in seasons #2 and #3, has topped the billing list since the start of season #2, and in a recent IMDB poll about who the viewers' favourite character was, Tyrion came 1st with twice as many votes as the next person (Dany). Tyrion's face also appears first on the list of faces on the Game of Thrones Wiki. (And he's my favourite character.)

Arya, however, has been used as the "face" of the series for some time now on the IMDB website.

Well, if that is any indication, the five book box set I've bought from Amazon, US paperback, has Tyrion and Jon (show versions) on the opposite smaller sides of the cardboard box (with a hand holding a crown as the main cover image). http://www.amazon.com/George-Martins-Thrones-5-Book-Boxed/dp/0345535529/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392681055&sr=8-2&keywords=a+song+of+ice+and+fire

The previous 4 book box set had Ned and Tyrion. http://www.amazon.com/Song-Ice-Fire-Vols-Thrones/dp/0345529057

Well, if that is any indication, the five book box set I've bought from Amazon, US paperback, has Tyrion and Jon (show versions) on the opposite smaller sides of the cardboard box (with a hand holding a crown as the main cover image). http://www.amazon.com/George-Martins-Thrones-5-Book-Boxed/dp/0345535529/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392681055&sr=8-2&keywords=a+song+of+ice+and+fire

The previous 4 book box set had Ned and Tyrion. http://www.amazon.com/Song-Ice-Fire-Vols-Thrones/dp/0345529057

They apparently have multiple versions of those sets, I bought mine right after S1 started, and it has Ned and Dany on it.

Season 1- Ned

Season 2 - Tyrion

Season 3- Dany

I think Season 4 might see Jon become the 'face.'

Lena Headey (Cersei) also get quite allot of interviews and attention along with Maisie Willaims (Arya) as the one who gets the most attention for the younger characters of the show.

Cersei is also favoured in the Trailers more so than some of the other characters.

Well I would suggest it's the order they put the names of the actors/actresses in the credits.

Most season 3 episodes when everyone was on was

Peter Dinklage

Lena Headey

Emilia Clarke

Kit Harington

Then it was a pause where they didn't show any names for about 3-5 seconds.

So I'd say those 4.

Well I would suggest it's the order they put the names of the actors/actresses in the credits.

Most season 3 episodes when everyone was on was

Peter Dinklage

Lena Headey

Emilia Clarke

Kit Harington

Then it was a pause where they didn't show any names for about 3-5 seconds.

So I'd say those 4.

Isn't NCW's name usually before Lena's, Emilia's and Kit's, or am I confusing it with the earlier seasons? Did they change the order of their names (apart from Kit, who I believe was moved up at some point)?

Anyway, the order of names generally doesn't actually tell you who the main characters are, and how much screentime they're getting. Mark Addy was second in all the season 1 episodes he was in (with Peter in the honorary "and" spot in the end), Iian Glen and Aiden Gillen are always in the first 8-9 names while the younger actors, other than Emilia and Kit, get listed after them, Charles Dancce and Liam Cunningham and even get bumped together, two or three names together. Usually it's Isaac, Maisie and Sophie lumped together, or in some combination with Richard Madden, Alfie Allen and Jack Gleeson, or in some combination with one of the older actors who are not considered "big names".

It was Ned in season 1.

Since then, it's clearly Dany. Behind, we find Tyrion as a strong second. Cersei, Jon and even Joffrey (less for him maybe) could be third.

Btw I watched the season 3 opening credits and it's me or Varys isn't in it ? Is he not part of the main cast (or regular, don't know who is put in the opening credits) ?

EDIT : oh I suppose it was an episode where there wasn't Varys in it so it's logic ! Jaime or Brienne wasn't there either. Is Pod in the credits sometimes ? He has at least the same screentime that had Talysa and Oona Chaplin was in it.

It was Ned in season 1.

Since then, it's clearly Dany. Behind, we find Tyrion as a strong second. Cersei, Jon and even Joffrey (less for him maybe) could be third.

Btw I watched the season 3 opening credits and it's me or Varys isn't in it ? Is he not part of the main cast (or regular, don't know who is put in the opening credits) ?

EDIT : oh I suppose it was an episode where there wasn't Varys in it so it's logic ! Jaime or Brienne wasn't there either. Is Pod in the credits sometimes ? He has at least the same screentime that had Talysa and Oona Chaplin was in it.

Gwendoline Christie was not listed as a main cast member in season 3, she was listed as a guest star. Most people expect her to be in the main cast for season 4, though.

The actor who plays Pod was never a main cast member, nor should he be. Pod is a minot character, and less important than, say, Talisa, whatever his screentime in an episode was, and the actor is young and not well known. Even the young actors who play the major characters like Arya, Sansa, Bran or Theon get bumped to the second part of the credits, far behind Aiden Gillen, Iain Glen etc.

Archived