Rickon's Role

.Scream

Once she marries Harrold Hardyng(Harrenhal Dying) and raises her standard with a White Direwolf the wold will flip upside down - look ahead - not how the pieces are set. It doesnt come next it comes after what's already has been set-up transpires.The Wolves and the BWB and Jamie Lannister and Brienne will play their story out along the Trident and when they are done Walder will die the last Frey. And as the Others bare down and the dead rise and things look most dreary, Sansa will emerge as a player. Lady of the Vale and of the Trident. Twice a Widow and still a maiden and a better match to Aegon Targaryan than any other in the seven Kingdoms

If that happens, then Harry the Heir would be the Lord Protector, no Sansa.

...and crazy witches and stubborn kings.

Sansa being in charge of Rickon? Sometimes I think some readers think characters read the books. We might know that she's being in a way "instructed" by Littlefinger in the game of thrones (not that I agree but whatever), but there is no way the Northern Lords know. For them, Sansa is just the sweet daughter of Ned Stark who was hostage of the Lannisters and was married to the imp. How is Sansa going to prove that she has being "trained" into politics? Is she coming to the North with an army? will she be revealed as the master mind behind the North Conspiracy?

With a Vale army at your back, I think it's pretty easy to get Northern friends. Even just the guarantee on paper, after a marriage to the Lord of the Vale, could be enough to sway Northern Lords to her cause. It's all about diplomacy, which currently she is being training in by the very best. (I'm not saying it will happen, just that it can)

Once she marries Harrold Hardyng(Harrenhal Dying) and raises her standard with a White Direwolf the wold will flip upside down - look ahead - not how the pieces are set. It doesnt come next it comes after what's already has been set-up transpires.The Wolves and the BWB and Jamie Lannister and Brienne will play their story out along the Trident and when they are done Walder will die the last Frey. And as the Others bare down and the dead rise and things look most dreary, Sansa will emerge as a player. Lady of the Vale and of the Trident. Twice a Widow and still a maiden and a better match to Aegon Targaryan than any other in the seven Kingdoms

I don't think she's actually going to marry Harry the Heir. I do think LF knows about Aegon and his plan is to marry Sansa to him.

Anyhow, I agree that if she does marry Harry he would become Lord Protector for Rickon. However, Stannis would probably appoint someone, and no doubt Tommen's council would do the same, so there could be a committee of three involved unless they fight it out or have a cyvasse tournament to decide the issue.

I don't think she's actually going to marry Harry the Heir. I do think LF knows about Aegon and his plan is to marry Sansa to him.

Anyhow, I agree that if she does marry Harry he would become Lord Protector for Rickon. However, Stannis would probably appoint someone, and no doubt Tommen's council would do the same, so there could be a committee of three involved unless they fight it out or have a cyvasse tournament to decide the issue.

Sansa is impressionable I would go along with the marriage but I can't see Aegon going along with it if he is the real Aegon.

I basically see two possible, but diametrically opposed paths for Rickon if he lives.

1. He has been set up to be the rebel Stark - the one who goes feral and who becomes a big pain in the ass for the others. Lots of hints have been dropped about rebel Starks in the past and it is not clear what the hints serve yet.

2. He becomes Lord of Winterfell, but maybe does not go to Manderly next. I would like to see him go to Greywater Watch actually.

and then he might also die. Tasty Stark sacrifice to the Others.

Sansa is impressionable I would go along with the marriage but I can't see Aegon going along with it if he is the real Aegon.

Well I'm not thinking LF's plan would work and this would certainly be the first obstacle. LF would have to do some fast talking to pull this part off. Sansa could bring Aegon the North, the Riverlands, and possibly the Vale and he needs them, so it's not totally impossible but depends on a lot of factors beyond LF's control. If Aegon follows the old Targ custom of two wives he could also pull in the Reach by marrying Margaery Tyrell as soon as she is single again. Dorne supports him by default (he thinks) so that would give him most of Westeros. And turning down Arianne could swing Dorne back to Dany's cause thus enriching the plot immensely. :D

Back to the topic...Hippocras, that's a great point about wild Starks, but I refuse to believe that Rickon will be a tasty sacrifice. :worried:

Back to the topic...Hippocras, that's a great point about wild Starks, but I refuse to believe that Rickon will be a tasty sacrifice. :worried:

Yeah, it would certainly be tragic. Fingers crossed. But I am nervous because he is really not that far away from Hardhome there on Skagos

I find Rickon really intriguing. I think he could have warg powers as strong as Bran given time. He is much younger and was left lost and confused without his parents and so he seemed to rely on Shaggydog and those two seem deeper connected than the rest of the Starks,mainly due to his impressionable age. Also Osha seemed to have certain knowledge of dreams etc. and I think the Skagosi do as well. I remember Roose mentioning the right of the first night and saying something along the lines of only their heart trees know what happens on Skagos. Also they are populated with Unicorns etc so i think it holds some old gods magic and creatures. And the cannibalism may be misunderstood especially if you believe the Jojen weirwood paste theory.

Well I'm not thinking LF's plan would work and this would certainly be the first obstacle. LF would have to do some fast talking to pull this part off. Sansa could bring Aegon the North, the Riverlands, and possibly the Vale and he needs them, so it's not totally impossible but depends on a lot of factors beyond LF's control. If Aegon follows the old Targ custom of two wives he could also pull in the Reach by marrying Margaery Tyrell as soon as she is single again. Dorne supports him by default (he thinks) so that would give him most of Westeros. And turning down Arianne could swing Dorne back to Dany's cause thus enriching the plot immensely. :D

I think with Illyrio in Essos, Varys in Kings Landing, and Lil Finger in the North, they are playing all sides so they win no matter what. You honestly think the North allow Sansa to be a second wife? or the Tyrells? I think Aegon will have to pick Margaery just kuz she's already queen. Plus the Tyrells were Targaryen banner men. Maybe Sansa married Gendry eventually. Possibly Brienne and Gendry go on to find Sansa. The marriage unites the North with the Stormlands. Just a guess.

I think with Illyrio in Essos, Varys in Kings Landing, and Lil Finger in the North, they are playing all sides so they win no matter what. You honestly think the North allow Sansa to be a second wife? or the Tyrells? I think Aegon will have to pick Margaery just kuz she's already queen. Plus the Tyrells were Targaryen banner men. Maybe Sansa married Gendry eventually. Possibly Brienne and Gendry go on to find Sansa. The marriage unites the North with the Stormlands. Just a guess.

If Gendry marries a Stark it will be Arya. GRRM has already established a link between the two of them and it echoes Robert's wish to unite his house with the Starks but in a way he never anticipated.

I don't think the North would care about first wife versus second wife, if she's a queen she's a queen.

Hippocras, I thought Hardhome was on the west side and Skagos was to the east. I must go look at a map now and get un-confused.

I think Aegon will have to pick Margaery just kuz she's already queen. Plus the Tyrells were Targaryen banner men.

Well, the Tyrells have proven to flexible. First they supported the younger Baratheon with no claim, later on the Lannisters the trueborn sons of Robert. In the meantime Marg is married to three different kings and still a virgin. A switch to the Targaryens and a new marriage wouldn't provoke any ridicule at all.

I think Rickon will lead the free folk back North after the battle. They'll like the spring but they'll chafe at the "rules" and kneeling part and want to return "home". Even if Rickon become ruler of Winterfell, he'll chafe at those restrictions too and cede the seat to Sansa and her Vale husband. If the winter enemy is truly defeated, there won't be a need for a wall or the Watch (though I also think John will sacrifice himself in the final conflict). There will still be seasons but winter won't be nearly as devistating so why wouldn't the wildlings want to move out of "kneeler" lands back to those they fled. I don't think he'll have anything to do with Shireen. Her disease may be dormant, but there is no cure and I don't think her end will be a good one.

Well, the Tyrells have proven to flexible. First they supported the younger Baratheon with no claim, later on the Lannisters the trueborn sons of Robert. In the meantime Marg is married to three different kings and still a virgin. A switch to the Targaryens and a new marriage wouldn't provoke any ridicule at all.

Exactly. With the Lannisters weak, Tyrell will probably welcome Aegon back. Kick Tommen off the thrown. Marry Aegon to Margearey. If this happens, maybe Martell joins as well. And if the Boltons get booted from Winterfell, this could open the door for a unification in the North between Aryn, Stark, and Baratheon through Sansa. Three major houses from each side re uniting of the War. I also think that some how, House Tully and House Frey will unite after Walder Frey dies, and side with the North. I don't know what to think of Rickon. There isn't much about him throughout the series. I don't think we'll see him until ADOS, and by then who knows what type of person he'll be.

If Gendry marries a Stark it will be Arya. GRRM has already established a link between the two of them and it echoes Robert's wish to unite his house with the Starks but in a way he never anticipated.

I don't think the North would care about first wife versus second wife, if she's a queen she's a queen.

Hippocras, I thought Hardhome was on the west side and Skagos was to the east. I must go look at a map now and get un-confused.

i dont see Arya's path ending in marriage of any kind.

So....Rickon?

Rickon is awesome and will defeat the Others singlehandedly by dint of his supreme wolfishness. :ph34r: We could really use wolf and dragon emoticons on here.

Really at his age, things could branch off in a number of directions. I don't believe he'll end up dead though. In fact by the end of this he may be the only Stark left standing. If he and Sansa are reunited she can educate him about the game and keep him from being a pawn. He definitely needs someone to teach him to think before acting so he doesn't end up like Uncle Brandon.

Archived