When did you start reading the series?

SirRunty

After watching S1. I stupidly purchased the iBooks box set (GOT, CoK, SoS, AffC) and ADwD when it came out, thinking that I would find out how the story ended.

Three months later, once i finished Dance, I started frequenting the fan sites (Westeros, APOIaF, Tower of the Hand) that I had been avoiding because of spoilers, and found out how far I was from finding out how the series ends :bang:

2011, I saw the first 15 minutes of the first episode on IGN, and squealed like a pig, then I forgot about it for a few months, like a goon. As the first season of the show came out, I was at a Barnes and Noble one day, and saw this epic display of Boromir sitting on a throne of swords, I picked up A Game of Thrones. I read it in about 3-4 days. I didn't even notice the copyright or anything, I thought AGOT was a new release, then I rediscovered the internet, saw the rest of the books, went back to B&N and bought them, and read them. Later on that summer, I bought a Kindle just for ADWD. After reading all the books, I started watching the show, while I love the show, it pales in comparison to the books.

Hi,

I am sooo much summer child. I started to watch HBO series just month ago. Done all three seasons in one week. and started buying books....Read GOT using internet, could not wait till my book will arrive. HUGE MISTAKE... My studies started three weeks ago, and I can not stop thinking about ASOIF... Everyday I am looking at my lovely books on the shelf and I want to cry. Also I have a big plan to wait till TWOW will be released and then read all of them. Stupid and useless plan :D

Hi,

I am sooo much summer child. I started to watch HBO series just month ago. Done all three seasons in one week. and started buying books....Read GOT using internet, could not wait till my book will arrive. HUGE MISTAKE... My studies started three weeks ago, and I can not stop thinking about ASOIF... Everyday I am looking at my lovely books on the shelf and I want to cry. Also I have a big plan to wait till TWOW will be released and then read all of them. Stupid and useless plan :D

Does this mean you haven't read all the books yet? If that's the case, I'd suggest you're careful on these forums. Certainly in this area, there's spoilers aplenty. (Unless you honestly, truly don't mind. But where's the fun in that?)

Also, I admire your restraint because I started reading towards the end of high school, about the time I started Uni. I had loads of study too and instead of just staring at my lovely books I ignored my revision and devoured the books instead. No self-control or powers of concentration, clearly.

I read AGoT in 2012. Then I stopped for a lot of time :S

I re-started just after season 3 started and I tried to finish it before season 3 finished. It was nice sometimes because I was watching some scenes exactly after reading it.

But I wasn´t fast enough to reach the Red Wedding. And someone did a little spoiler on facebook (anger!).

After it, I couldn´t stop until I finished it all.

Then I found Dunk & Egg...

I was late to the tv series as well as the book. I watched the first 2 seasons just before season 3 came out and then followed with season 3. I kept asking mum what was going to happen next as she had read them all but she got sick of being asked and bought me the books for my birthday last yr so I read them and fell even more in love with it.

So I only read them in aug-oct last yr after already watching the first 3 seasons

Sometime between '97 and '99. I think. I'm pretty sure it was the '90s. Enjoyed the rich fantasy world, but after reading Clash of Kings I decided George Martin needed sometime to take him aside, give him a hug, tell him everything will be alright and that are people who love him, and to take these pill from now on to keep him happy.

So, there was a multi-year gap between when I read the second book and the rest of the series. I only just decided to pick them up again this past year. Undoubtedly the popularity of the TV series indirectly motivated me. I wasn't sure whether to be surprised by the fact Danaerys is still a seperate plot from the rest of the cast.

I read AGOT around 2008 or 2009. Liked it a lot but didn't realize it was a series ( yeah don't know where my head was at, at that time) I happened across the show late one night flipping channels - it was season 2 and the 2nd or 3rd episode. The characters & story seemed familiar - I caught up with the first season and bought all the books. I'm almost done rereading ADWD.

Read AGOT during July 2010, the ebook ended up in a pen-drive someone had given me.

Can I say love at first sigh? A whole month, only AGOT, and I'm a fast reader. I couldn't wait until vacation ended (I was 16, with my family) so I could get my hands on the other books.

It's adorable how I hated waiting for only one month. It seemed like forever.

*cue two and a half years after Dance*

Archived