Is the Stark/Lannister feud at an end already?

OberynBlackfyre

Soo of course these two Houses now have lots, and lots, and lots of debts to repay each other. However, by looking at the state of both of these Houses in the current time, are they ever going to resolve this conflict?

The Stark children are in no position to take revenge. Sansa is currently under cover in the Vale, Bran has much larger concerns, Jon is in the lands of semi death, Arya is in the depths of being taught her new life, and Rickon is on Skagos/not old enough to really grasp revenge.

Now yes, there are some possible ways in which the Stark children could come into some positions where revenge could be acquired, but would it fit within the story? Even if Sansa wa made queen of Winterfell and the Vale, would she be warring with the Lannisters, or have Dany or Aegon or the Tyrells to fight first? Yes, many think she is the queen that will ultimately bring down Cersei, however she would have a FAR way to go if that's the case. It just doesn't seem likely, given the amount of time we are looking at.

Bran is much more worried about what's happening in the North and Lands of Always Winter, plus I think that given his new power, he can actually look passed wanting revenge and see the bigger picture.

Jon would love to get revenge, and was close to trying and achieving it, however we know how that ended. When/if he does get healed, I think he will find a new purpose for what he NEEDS to be, rather than what he WANTS to be.

Arya could be the one to actually get revenge, but I don't think she will actually kill any Lannister. The Kindly Man knows who she is, and knows that by their rules she would not be allowed to be the one to kill Cersei, Jaime, etc. The only way I see this is by her going AWOL (which many think she will do anyway). Yet even then I think that IF she were to kill any of the remaining Lannisters, it would be Tommen. And even though it would be somewhat of Stark vengeance, it would still never be known to the world that it was a Stark who did it.

Rickon is on the way to becoming the next Lord of Winterfell, and given his nature already, could very well take the vengeance his family deserves. However, the issue of the White Walkers I feel will get in the way, and if vengeance is EVER taken, it would have to be years down the line, to a generation that probably has no idea why there is a feud in the first place.

The North Remembers......but will the North get justice at the HANDS OF THE NORTH? OR will it be some sort of cosmic justice, in which the Starks get their vengeance from the hands of a third party?

Starks are in bad shape, tis true.

The remaining Starks, unless they die, have no where else to go but up.

But there are people who really, really dislike the Lannisters coming to Westeros.

And Starks siding with these forces is likely.

Aegon and Dany have reason to want them dead.

the Faith will probably roll with Aegon making more Lannister enemies.

The Lannister/Stark feud may be over, but the Lannisters are truly screwed no matter how things shake out at this point especially with the competent Lannisters dead.

So the Starks will come out ahead in the end.

Crackpottish:

I can see Sansa marrying Aegon and the would be slightly ruinious for the Lannisters.

Starks are in bad shape, tis true.

The remaining Starks, unless they die, have no where else to go but up.

But there are people who really, really dislike the Lannisters coming to Westeros.

And Starks siding with these forces is likely.

Aegon and Dany have reason to want them dead.

the Faith will probably roll with Aegon making more Lannister enemies.

The Lannister/Stark feud may be over, but the Lannisters are truly screwed no matter how things shake out at this point especially with the competent Lannisters dead.

So the Starks will come out ahead in the end.

Crackpottish:

I can see Sansa marrying Aegon and the would be slightly ruinious for the Lannisters.

I love the Sansa/Aegon ship. I sincerely wish that happens just because that would be utter destruction for the Lannisters at the hand of a Targaryen (Blackfyre) and Stark. It's also the only way I can see the Starks "getting their revenge first hand".

I do believe the Starks will come out ahead, but the thread was just asking if they will actually be able to avenge themselves upon the Lannisters themselves, or if karma will kick in and do it for them.

House Lannister will be fine, even if Jaime and Cersei are killed there are numerous members of lesser branches.

I love the Sansa/Aegon ship. I sincerely wish that happens just because that would be utter destruction for the Lannisters at the hand of a Targaryen (Blackfyre) and Stark. It's also the only way I can see the Starks "getting their revenge first hand".

I do believe the Starks will come out ahead, but the thread was just asking if they will actually be able to avenge themselves upon the Lannisters themselves, or if karma will kick in and do it for them.

There are too many Lannisters for the House to be completely destroyed, the ones involved in the War of the Fives Kings will likely pay for their crimes but the House will go on.

House Lannister will be fine, even if Jaime and Cersei are killed there are numerous members of lesser branches.

There are too many Lannisters for the House to be completely destroyed, the ones involved in the War of the Fives Kings will likely pay for their crimes but the House will go on.

The House will go on, I believe that. However they very well could be disinherited from Casterly Rock and instead made a minor House.

The House will go on, I believe that. However they very well could be disinherited from Casterly Rock and instead made a minor House.

Exactly. I predicted that when Jon rises to power he may well strip the Lannisters of their Lord Paramouncy and give it to another that actually care about people.

It would depend on who ends up on the throne I suppose. The Lannister name is very feared and respected in the West so I would guess they would just leave it to the Lannisters.

“The wolves will come again,” said Jojen solemnly.

“And how would you being knowing, boy?”

“I dreamed it.”

I have a dream Jaime and Brienne will find Sansa and help her gain Winterfell back, and then Arya will join them and together they will avenge the Starks, even though Jaime is a Lannister. *sighs* If only...

Either way, the wolves will come again. I take it that's bad news for the lions.

I don't see anyway they aren't attainted and "Reyned" unless Dany just adores Tyrion enough to give him the rock.

Thier major supporters will be toast as well.

I think it will be for many of their major actions- like their role in the Red Wedding, the killings of Elia, Rhaenys and Aegon, the burning of KL, and the incitement of war by Joffrey.

Arya already passed on the chance to have Tywin and Cersei killed. Byt the time she gets to Westeros Cersei and her kids may be dead already.

She's not interested in the Westerlands, Casterly Rock, or their money which would destroy them for good.

Jon never voiced his personal opinions on Tyrion's marriage to Sansa so that may not be a dealbreaker.

Arya dismissed it when told. If she encounters Tyrion the same time she encounters Dany she obviously won't kill him since Tyrion has plot armor. There won't necessarily be a feud there. It depends. Tyrion might align himself on an opposing side to her if she gets involved behind the scenes in the second dance though.

Jon wanted to bring death and destruction on house Lannister and was bitter over Tommen being the one who still lived and not Bran but he is out of commission for now. Even if he wasn't he has bigger things to worry about.

Bran remembers Jamie's crimes against him. Will he do anything about it? We don't know.

Those in charge of Rickon are going to be more locally focused on getting Northern revenge on the Boltons.

If Arya wants to kill other Lannister after Cercei and her kids are dead this will not be rightful revenge anymore, it will be pointless murders.

Lets say you kill my wife then you later die before I can exact my revenge, do I have the right to kill your wife to make it fair? hell no.

Archived