Chapter 27 The Wayword Bride p. 364

Throstle

So much foreshadowing in this chapter. I knew on page 369 when she starts describing every inch of Deepwood Moat that they would be attacked. From the advise John gave I'm pretty sure it was Stannis that attacked. I'm also pretty sure that the Story of Torgon the Latecomer has inspired Asha to find her brother Theon, and to use the same logic in the story to perhaps put Theon on the throne. Thus she cannot of died yet, I think her and Stannis might yet team up to free Theon. Not that I'm a great prognosticator. All I know is at the end of every other chapter someones about to die in some terrible cliffhanger and it drives me nuts. I thought it was pretty dumb for Asha to stop in the forest and wait for dawn. She should have either deafened the castle or made for the coast with torches lite, as fast as they could. Instead she gave up all advantage to fight in the dark of the forest. What do you think of this chapter?

While I always like Asha chapters, I thought that she made foolish mistakes (like waiting for dawn in the forest) in this chapter. I suppose that she was out of good options and probably not thinking as clearly as usual for her, but it still seemed atypical for her.

While I am still reading and have not yet made it to Asha's next appearance, the way this chapter ended I was pretty sure that she was still alive. Maybe I am just used to the way GRRM likes to end some of his chapters.

Archived