GOODKIND VI: THE PHANTOM MENACING

Werthead

I'm sorry to have to ask this, but what is Richard's 'gift'? Has it anything to do with Richard's 'thing' (the one which is rising or the other one which is not a thing)?

His gift is his abilty to do magic. His thing is the combo of his swords inherent magic with his gift magic thus combining to form the all mightly thing.

A while back in General there was a thread with a title like "ASOIAF drinking game" and I thought it might be fun to try a SoT Drinking game. It makes sense since if you're reading SoT you're probably drinking quite a bit anyway. It would go something like:

Every time Richard's gaze is described as "Raptor-like", take a drink.

Every time Zedd says "Bags", take a drink.

Every time Richard gives a speech espousing his philosophy, take a drink for each page the speech takes up.

Every time Richard kills an unarmed person, take a drink.

Every time somebody mentions how many weapons Chase carries, take a drink.

Few more rules,

Every time Richard cuts himself, do a shot.

When Adie uses "be" inappropriatly, do a shot.

Whenever Kahlan start talking or thinking about getting laid, drink a beer.

Everytime someone decides to do something just for the pain of it, shot of tequila.

Does it count as a drink if Nathan is the raptor-like gazer? Cuz even if he's a thousand years his elder, he seems to be as reptilian :P

Whenever Kahlan start talking or thinking about getting laid, drink a beer.

Unfair. There isn't enough beer in the whole town!

I always figured:

Westland - The United States. Pure and unspoiled.

Midlands - Western Europe. A bunch of bitchy mediocre powers.

D'Hara - Nazi Germany/Eastern Europe. Nasty bunch of racial purists and conquerors.

The Old World - Soviet Union. Huge powerful nation devoted to a rediculous ideology.

And of course its an American Westlander who comes to show them all the way. His way.

Of course, its not as if Goodkind has any sense of there even being something known as history before December 7th, 1941.

Maybe that's why he beleives he doesn't write fantasy-just the most pathetic, unintentionally funny satire imaginable.

Does it count as a drink if Nathan is the raptor-like gazer? Cuz even if he's a thousand years his elder, he seems to be as reptilian :P

Amendment to the rule, anytime anyone is described as having a "raptor-llike" gaze, take a drink.

Passes out shitfaced.

Is he taking any potshot at the middle east, in naked empire? Haven't read it, and I can't possibly believe he's letting this one pass.

I haven't noticed anything to really indicate a connection to the islamofacists yet. But I'm sure its coming.

His gift is his abilty to do magic. His thing is the combo of his swords inherent magic with his gift magic thus combining to form the all mightly thing.

Oh, that's disappointing. I always thought his "thing" was his "cock", which made the passages more entertaining.

I haven't noticed anything to really indicate a connection to the islamofacists yet. But I'm sure its coming.

He's not really averse to blowing oneself up though, nor to pointless but righteous mass murder, so he might be in a bit of a jam as to how portray those things as the enemy. ;)

I would be interested to know if the islamist suicide bombers' remains taste bitter or sweet actually. :o

He's not really averse to blowing oneself up though, nor to pointless but righteous mass murder, so he might be in a bit of a jam as to how portray those things as the enemy. ;)

I would be interested to know if the islamist suicide bombers' remains taste bitter or sweet actually. :o

Nope, because by killing yourself you have surrendered to death. Nope killing others is morally sound, killing yourself is not.

ETA: They taste like chicken that is not chicken but evil incarnate.

Nope, because by killing yourself you have surrendered to death. Nope killing others is morally sound, killing yourself is not.

ETA: They taste like chicken that is not chicken but evil incarnate.

How do you explain those wizards of old's suicides then? At least the ones that taste sweet

Richard's homocidal tendencies reminds me of a thread i noticed once on tg.net. A guy nicked Lord Rahl Reason wrote this essay like thing of how, if all were like Richard, the world would be paradise.. In a way I spose he's right since there would be not a single human alive.. A world without humanity would most certainly be both a just and healthy place

How do you explain those wizards of old's suicides then? At least the ones that taste sweet

They only taste sweet because they thought they were doing good. They actually just lacked any and all moral clarity. Which is why they thought they needed to balance it out by not eating meat. Seriously, thousands of years of experience but they had no idea how to use thier own rules.

Archived