Line of sucession

LordImp

Stannis, but the people at King's Landing would treat him as disinherited, same with Shireen.

Unless they went looking for Robert's closest relation (which is probably some minor player not in their best interests) they might have an elective monarchy arrangement come into play, at least temporarily.

"Baratheon" Succession:

1. King Tommen
  2. Myrcella
  3. Stannis
  4. Shireen

Actual Baratheon Succession:

1. King Stannis
  2. Shireen

Targaryen Succession:

1. If fAegon is real Aegon then King Aegon, if not and R + L = J is true then King Jon
  2. Depending on which succession law is followed, either Daenarys or nobody.

Funny thing is, that after Stannis and Shireen, it seems to be Daenerys (unless Steffon's father had any other children, and they had children) - even according to Baratheon succession.

I'd assume there's been more than one male in the Baratheon line, especially since we'd have to trace the line all the way back to the Conquest and then down through all possible marriages before Daenarys would inherit from Shireen. It's far more likely that Lord of Nowheria inherits via some obscure marriage than the youngest child of Aerys II over a dozen generations distanced from the Baratheons.

I'd assume there's been more than one male in the Baratheon line, especially since we'd have to trace the line all the way back to the Conquest and then down through all possible marriages before Daenarys would inherit from Shireen. It's far more likely that Lord of Nowheria inherits via some obscure marriage than the youngest child of Aerys II over a dozen generations distanced from the Baratheons.

Nope, just to Aegon V, not Aegon I - since Lord Steffon's father married Aegon's daughter Rhaelle.

Funny thing is, that after Stannis and Shireen, it seems to be Daenerys (unless Steffon's father had any other children, and they had children) - even according to Baratheon succession.

Actually no.Dany has no blood relationship with the Baratheon line, Stannis however has Targ blood.

Actually no. A Dany has no blood relationship with the Baratheon line, Stannis however has Targ blood.

Oh yeah, my bad.

There there are no heirs after Shireen, unless bastards are legitimised.

Nope, just to Aegon V, not Aegon I - since Lord Steffon's father married Aegon's daughter Rhaelle.

Actually no. A Dany has no blood relationship with the Baratheon line, Stannis however has Targ blood.

Oh yeah, my bad.

There there are no heirs after Shireen, unless bastards are legitimised.

Damn! I have been robbed of my first chance at proving my knowledge on lines of succession. :(

Actually no.Dany has no blood relationship with the Baratheon line, Stannis however has Targ blood.

She and Bob (and Stannis) share a great-grandfather. That's a blood relationship. And I think Stannis and Shireen don't have any closer relatives left, not including Bob's bastards.

If we talked about Storm's End, then sure, one would need to have at least one Lord of Storm's End in his family tree to compete for this seat, and Dany's out. However, for House Baratheon of King's Landing, nobody (again, Bob's bastards excluded) has a Baratheon king as an ancestor. So Robert's brothers, then cousins, then even second and third cousins have a shot. Sure that's flimsy, but even from "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!" point of view, after Stannis and Shireen, the only thing's that'll be left will be a bunch of obscure relatives with claims flimsy and flimsier.

(And all this is a moot point anyway, because Dany will never, in a million years, press a claim as Robert's heir. She's as likely to acknowledge Robert as a king, as Stannis is to resign his own claim. Maybe even less.)

Targaryen Succession:

1. If fAegon is real Aegon then King Aegon, if not and R + L = J is true then King Jon
  2. Depending on which succession law is followed, either Daenarys or nobody.

In terms of Targaryen succession, after Aegon and Jon (if true) then the more difficult decision, and one I don't think can be sufficiently answered given Martin's blurring of succession laws, would be a controversy between Dany and Stannis. Who's to say how the Targs would have handled this had this occurred under their reign? For no Targ female has inherited the throne yet no male as far removed from the main line as Stannis has either, let alone from a female line.

She and Bob (and Stannis) share a great-grandfather. That's a blood relationship. And I think Stannis and Shireen don't have any closer relatives left, not including Bob's bastards.

If we talked about Storm's End, then sure, one would need to have at least one Lord of Storm's End in his family tree to compete for this seat, and Dany's out. However, for House Baratheon of King's Landing, nobody (again, Bob's bastards excluded) has a Baratheon king as an ancestor. So Robert's brothers, then cousins, then even second and third cousins have a shot. Sure that's flimsy, but even from "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!" point of view, after Stannis and Shireen, the only thing's that'll be left will be a bunch of obscure relatives with claims flimsy and flimsier.

(And all this is a moot point anyway, because Dany will never, in a million years, press a claim as Robert's heir. She's as likely to acknowledge Robert as a king, as Stannis is to resign his own claim. Maybe even less.)

Dany hasn't got Baratheon blood, that means that she has no right to SE. That simple. Edmure's childs will not have a right to WF, Robb's child could had a right to RL.

In terms of Targaryen succession, after Aegon and Jon (if true) then the more difficult decision, and one I don't think can be sufficiently answered given Martin's blurring of succession laws, would be a controversy between Dany and Stannis. Who's to say how the Targs would have handled this had this occurred under their reign? For no Targ female has inherited the throne yet no male as far removed from the main line as Stannis has either, let alone from a female line.

There would be no controversy. Daenerys would inherit.

Only we're not talking about Storm's End, but the crown.

If we talked about Storm's End, then sure, one would need to have at least one Lord of Storm's End in his family tree to compete for this seat, and Dany's out.

I thought here that you meant that if there is no Baratheon left Dany would be the next Lady, which is wrong.

After the fake Baratheons and Stannis and Shireen we know of no one. Bob's got oodles of bastards running around, so they can always be used as a last resort. It's possible that Stannis' uncle Harbert was a Baratheon, and maybe he had kids. But as of now we just don't know.

Archived