'Heroes' to return as mini series in 2015

Anatúrinbor

IIRC NBC didn't have a show that was in the top 20 for years and Heroes was the first show they had that 1 broke the top 10 in a very long time. and 2 brought the all important 18-35 male viewers in.

I not sure if ground breaking is the right word, but it did help NBC from being the on the floor mat of the big 3 networks.

CBS had the same kind of problem during the late 80's early 90's when they all of sudden stop caring about 18-35 and started making shows that brought in viewers some aimed at older viewers, some at conservatives (like they did in the good old 60's and early 70's) and it hasn't looked back. It is a wonder that other networks hadn't realized that.

Really!!??

I hated that show and couldn't even finish the last season. I think there is still some thread of mine down here where I rant about this thing. Who the hell did want to see that again?

If I remember correctly the first season was somewhat interesting but after that the characters were constantly going through the same motions again and again without constant character reboots going on and stupid retcon introductions of new characters. That was worse than a soap in the end, truly.

I stuck with the show all the way to the bitter end, it was bad but I tend to stick with shows once I've started. And it managed to give me glimpses here and there of things I liked that kept me hoping in vain. The ending was appalling.

I'll give it a chance, got to be honest I don't really like that trailer, it all looks a bit homemade. Took me a minute to realise the song was a Metallica cover as well. Time to add it to my show watching spreadsheet.

Did the show even have an ending the first time around? I ask because I haven't watched S3-4 but I heard people complain.

Peter fought insane carnie T-Bag who was going to destroy the world with his terrakinetic abilites (which were powered up by other gifted people.) Then Claire (the cheerleader) jumped off a building (or ride or something) and revealed herself to the world. Oh and I think Sylar found love or some shit.

What was this? I can't see it.

Peter fought insane carnie T-Bag who was going to destroy the world with his terrakinetic abilites (which were powered up by other gifted people.) Then Claire (the cheerleader) jumped off a building (or ride or something) and revealed herself to the world. Oh and I think Sylar found love or some shit.

I read the synopsis for the final season yesterday and yeah, it sounded awful. That's not true, it sounded amazing, but only because how dreadfully serious the show took itself doesn't come across in the synopsis. If they'd added just a little bit of camp the show would have been so much better. Instead it was a campy show that refused to acknowledge how campy it was, and suffered for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished a re-watch of season 1 this weekend. The show had promise, but even in season 1 they cluttered it with so much detail and mystery, that it was inevitable that the story was going to fail. This show is a prime example as to why only the episodic shows can manage 20+ episodes per season. The rest should be limited to 13 at most.

And I hope that this time around, NBC has put in money for some decent FX battles between powered people. It was ridiculous to see what should have been an epic fight between Peter and Sylar, devolve into Peter punching Sylar, and then Sylar getting stabbed by a guy with a sword.

It's interesting to guage how successful the original cast been based on whether they are in the new version.

I've been bitten by the show so many times I'm very reluctant to give it another shot. Will probably wait until it is finished and see what the consensus is.

Archived