College Basketball 2014: Blue Blooded Court Storming Edition

Rhom

I like their chances. North Dakota may not have as many people, it is undeniably more of a state than San Diego.

Can't argue with that! :P Although, if ND's current population trend continues much longer, San Diego won't have more people!*

*This is, of course, a bit of an exaggeration but ND's population is currently "skyrocketing", relatively speaking.

Can't argue with that! :P Although, if ND's current population trend continues much longer, San Diego won't have more people!*

*This is, of course, a bit of an exaggeration but ND's population is currently "skyrocketing", relatively speaking.

Skyrocketing or not, San Diego county has 3.1 million people in it, so North Dakota has a lot of work to do, population growth wise :cool4:.

Well... On the up side Greywolf, I did hear Parker say a couple weeks ago that he might come back if there was a disappointing finish to the season.

I'd say this qualifies...

Skyrocketing or not, San Diego county has 3.1 million people in it, so North Dakota has a lot of work to do, population growth wise :cool4:.

Yes, I did say I was exaggerating. Also, I was comparing it to the city of San Diego since I thought he distinction was being made between the state of ND and the city of San Diego. San Diego's population was approximately 1.3 million in 2012. Still quite a bit of work for North Dakota to do (and it won't happen any time soon). But ND has gained about 100,000 in population recently. No one really knows what the actual current population is and the Census Bureau estimates lag quite a bit behind, of course, but that kind of growth after decades of virtually no change is remarkable. Actually, the rapid population growth in ND due to the oil industry is hugely problematic :(

But anyway, can NDSU beat SDSU? Can Bison Nation keep it rollin'? :D

Now that we know Mercer can beat Duke... Wonder if UNC still thinks storming the court was a good idea?

:lol:

(Sorry MFC... Had to do it. ;). )

So were you rooting for KU last season? The only reason we start (normally) three freshmen, one sophomore, and one junior is because we graduated four seniors from our starting five ;)

Eh, I'm not a KU fan, but I would have been happy to see them do well. Kansas isn't nearly as bad as Kentucky about recruiting likely 1 and done players. Kentucky is the only program in the country I truly loathe.

Well... On the up side Greywolf, I did hear Parker say a couple weeks ago that he might come back if there was a disappointing finish to the season.

I'd say this qualifies...

Yeah, that was almost one of my first thoughts..."What is K saying to them in the locker room?"

With Mercer stealing their lunch money and giving them a swirlie, I could see the normal early entrants staying...let's see if K still has that magic.

Eh, I'm not a KU fan, but I would have been happy to see them do well. Kansas isn't nearly as bad as Kentucky about recruiting likely 1 and done players. Kentucky is the only program in the country I truly loathe.

It's interesting, with UK last year and this (they have underperformed based on what was expected), Duke bowing out early early & Kansas not exactly lighting the place on fire I wonder if it changes how coaches will position their recruiting schpeals. Obviously the goal for those players is the big contract, but is there anything else they do now to get more than one year out of them to build a little more consistency.

Nate Silver says that this is a particularly bad loss for Duke (the brief piece explains this beyond the self-evident point).

ETA: I'm quite excited for the Ok. State and Gonzaga game. Great first round match-up.

I'd agree with that - I don't know if they were a "strong" 3, but getting the 3 was right. Unfortunately for them just getting the 3 seed didn't mean the 3 would fall for them anymore than it had previously while shooting, but it did fall by the final score.

REG - What's the deal with Embid? I know he was hurt late in the year, but I thought I heard he'd be playing come tourney. Didn't see him in the starting lineup.

His back is pretty fragile right now - he may not be in the tourney at all last I saw.

REG - What's the deal with Embid? I know he was hurt late in the year, but I thought I heard he'd be playing come tourney. Didn't see him in the starting lineup.

Stress fracture in his back. If we make it to next weekend he should be able to play.

Archived