College Basketball 2014: Blue Blooded Court Storming Edition

Rhom

Think they'll storm the court?

;)

Duke? with only a win over UNC? Please...we're not the WAC. :D

I thought UNC would have the 3 seed with a win, but could also get the 2 if Cuse loses. With the loss to Wake, Duke can only get to the 3 with Cuse losing.

GW is doing well? Go Colonials!! I'm an alumnus. :)

Whoa Nilly, Saturday at the O'Connell Center is going to be vewy intewesting. Go Gators!!

Reasonably well. The past few weeks have been a bit downhill, but they're well positioned to make the NCAA tournament. ESPN actually has their RPI at #24 right now, although most prospective brackets I've seen have them slotted into a #8 or #9 bracket slot, which obviously would not be ideal.

But if they beat Fordham tomorrow night, and Massachusetts loses to St. Louis on Sunday (both of which are extremely likely), they'll get the #4 spot in the A-10 tournament, earning them a first-round bye. They do well enough in the A-10 one, maybe they can still get to a #7 slot in the big one.

Fez, you coming up to NYC for the A-10 tournament?

I thought about it, but work's just way too crazy for me right now to take the time off, even the weekend.

I thought about it, but work's just way too crazy for me right now to take the time off, even the weekend.

Ahh too bad. I didn't go last year but I'm definitely going to make an effort to see VCU play this year. Haven't seen them live since college and they weren't all that great then.

Reasonably well. The past few weeks have been a bit downhill, but they're well positioned to make the NCAA tournament. ESPN actually has their RPI at #24 right now, although most prospective brackets I've seen have them slotted into a #8 or #9 bracket slot, which obviously would not be ideal.

But if they beat Fordham tomorrow night, and Massachusetts loses to St. Louis on Sunday (both of which are extremely likely), they'll get the #4 spot in the A-10 tournament, earning them a first-round bye. They do well enough in the A-10 one, maybe they can still get to a #7 slot in the big one.

Excellent! I'll be rooting for them. Back in the 80's we were terrible while Georgetown was great.

I'm trying to put on the "who cares" kind of face about the game tomorrow. Logically I know it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of this year, UK is a bit down, we're likely a 1 seed no matter what, etc.

But damn do I want this game.

i love this senior class. 3 Elite 8s so far. Drastic improvement year to year for all 4 individually, and as a team. Young figuring out his role and basically living in the Scholar Athlete of the Year's office. Prather making the incredible jump in his senior year. Wilbekin literally growing up on the court, going from a 17 year old widened freshman to a savvy veteran leader, working his way through several attitude/suspension issues along the way, Yeguete becoming the consummate "role player".

Senior Day. Against Kentucky. In front of the home fans. Chance to be the first ever 18-0 SEC Champions. Opportunity to cut down the nets, a ritual they postponed when they could because there was "unfinished business". The whole 9. Grand scheme it's probably not the most important game ever, but I really want it for those kids.

Go Gators!

I know we've had our disagreements in the past (mostly Marshall Henderson related) but I think it'd be great if y'all won it all, if nothing else to redeem this year's historically awful SEC. :lol:

Ha. Yeah, it's nothing personal against you or your school obviously, that kid just really rubs me the wrong way. Its hard to express how much i hated our first half against you this year, and loved our second.

And yeah, the SEC is terrible this year, but 18-0 is 18-0, and I think especially for this senior class that would be an incredible accomplishment. I think my favorite part of this year has been watching us win most of the close games. We lost a couple, but last year we seemed to lose them all. Last year I was convinced we were losing if it was a 4 pt game with 4 minutes left. This year I know we're winning it.

Its hard to express how much i hated our first half against you this year, and loved our second.

Of course. Y'all clamped down and Marshall played like shit in the 2nd half, which he is prone to do when bodied up and knocked around physically. Summers played well and helped us keep it close, but he alone isn't good enough to help us win games consistently. That being said, I actually think we'll be better next year if some of our bigs can learn to play with more physical presence (and score a bit). MH is the only senior we lose.

And yeah, the SEC is terrible this year, but 18-0 is 18-0, and I think especially for this senior class that would be an incredible accomplishment.

No question - going undefeated in any conference is incredibly hard to do, regardless of the relative strength of the other teams. If you're the overwhelming favorite you play with a target on your back for the entire slate.

Holy Cow! It's within 10 points!!!

13 with 3:45 left. they're going to need some serious help to get back in it.

Looks like KU is on the short end too...this can only help Duke, who will need it....

Go Gators!

Was sweating that second half UK run a bit (we do seem prone this year to offensive droughts every now and again), but as they've done all year the seniors just made a collective decision that enough was enough and went out and took the game. So different from last year, and hopefully the one trait that will get us past the Elite 8 this year into the Final Four.

Wow, 18-0. That's a hell of a thing.

OK, so KU lost...but what did Wiggins have for breakfast because I don't want him to have it anymore.

Man, they were not ready to play at all today. Turnovers are our Achilles and they'll be the reason we lose in the tourney. Wiggins was awesome though. I think part of it was the crowd. They were all over him, booing every time he even touched the ball during the first 30min, chanting "USA USA" when he was shooting free throws, I heard "you suck" clearly multiple times we he caught the ball. I don't know why he earned their ire, if anything I would have expected them to be the most respectful fan base to him in the Big XII because he played his high school ball there. The only other Big XII crowd to target Wiggins was Texas (and even then it seemed to be primarily one guy that was very close to a TV mic - he was saying some nastiness all game).

Congrats on your guys' win tonight, assuming no flukes in the ACC tourney I think that will earn you the fourth #1 seed. If Virginia were to beat you they would probably get it, if you don't meet in the tourney and neither takes the championship, I think you'll get it.

Archived