The Blackfish: Heading back to the Vale?

Leonardo

Theres been alot of threads on this, Ive heard he went to the Vale, the Wall, the North, Dorne or he stayed in the Riverlands to start a rebellion. Ive also heard hes going to try and set Edmure free, Im of that opinion because in Family. Duty. Honor. Family comes first.

Ah, one of those occasions I should have used the search function then haha

Yar I agree with setting Edmure free, but I still think he'd need a few choice men before doing that, and that means recruiting in the Riverlands, Vale, or North in that order, or hiring sellswords in one of those places.

Ah, one of those occasions I should have used the search function then haha

Yar I agree with setting Edmure free, but I still think he'd need a few choice men before doing that, and that means recruiting in the Riverlands, Vale, or North in that order, or hiring sellswords in one of those places.

He can just get men he commanded to help him, the former Tully Riverrun garrison.

I think he probably joined the BWB. But I don't know how they are going to utilize him. They might send him to the Vale to gain support, they might have sent him to help free Edmure. Hell, Lady Stoneheart might have sent him up to the north to go free fArya.

The Blackfish wouldve been horrified at the montrosity that his beloved niece has become so he probably wouldve tried to kill her out of honor and decencys sake.

I don't think he would count on much support from the Vale, his cause pretty much died with Robb, he may still believe in it but the Vale lords don't have any reason to join up with him and invade the Riverlands. Yohn Royce would be the only one who I could see helping him, but I doubt it would be direct help.

The Vale would be the best plot-thickening place for him to be headed. He's the most likely character to put a fire under the Vale lords to help the North & Riverlands and to rescue the Vale and his niece & nephew from LF's rule.

This is what I thought, and I'm sure Yohn or some of the others would harbor him if he didn't walk into a LF trap, who might help out the old Tully anyways and would be a good mentor to Sansa if she ever accrues anymore power. I think it more likely he gets a few swords and then leaves, but there's lots to do in the Vale right now. If he heard some of the Valemen wanted to throw in with the North even AFTER Robb was dead, it would be a prime place to go and keep Edmure from being held hostage against him if he tried to pull men from the Riverlands.

This is what I thought, and I'm sure Yohn or some of the others would harbor him if he didn't walk into a LF trap, who might help out the old Tully anyways and would be a good mentor to Sansa if she ever accrues anymore power. I think it more likely he gets a few swords and then leaves, but there's lots to do in the Vale right now. If he heard some of the Valemen wanted to throw in with the North even AFTER Robb was dead, it would be a prime place to go and keep Edmure from being held hostage against him if he tried to pull men from the Riverlands.

They wanted to join Robb after he was already dead? I don't remember that.

Does BF know what a slimy manipulative jerk Littlefinger's become? If he doesn't, he might go there to ask for LF's help. From Cat's P.O.V. he had a good relationship with Cat, Lysa, Edmure and LF when they were growing up at Riverrun.

They wanted to join Robb after he was already dead? I don't remember that.

Does BF know what a slimy manipulative jerk Littlefinger's become? If he doesn't, he might go there to ask for LF's help. From Cat's P.O.V. he had a good relationship with Cat, Lysa, Edmure and LF when they were growing up at Riverrun.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/A_Storm_of_Swords-Chapter_68

It's in that chapter, the wiki refers to it by saying Lysa was still being pressured to join the war in defense of Riverrun, and this is long after Robb has been dead.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/A_Storm_of_Swords-Chapter_68

It's in that chapter, the wiki refers to it by saying Lysa was still being pressured to join the war in defense of Riverrun, and this is long after Robb has been dead.

I went through the chapter, and what it says is that the Valelords were asking her to call their banners and join the war. It doesn't say when, but most likely that was before the Red Wedding. Why would they join after the RW when all of his potential allies were defeated?

I went through the chapter, and what it says is that the Valelords were asking her to call their banners and join the war. It doesn't say when, but most likely that was before the Red Wedding. Why would they join after the RW when all of his potential allies were defeated?

It's from Lysa, meaning it's a Sansa chapter after Joff is already dead. Robb's been dead for few months by now, and I think there's a bit about it later.

It's from Lysa, meaning it's a Sansa chapter after Joff is already dead. Robb's been dead for few months by now, and I think there's a bit about it later.

Nah. I know what you're talking about. She said that the Valelords had been badgering her about entering the war and wanting to marry her (so they could raise SR?). We're not given a date, but logic dictates that this was before the RW. I find it hard to believe that all the lords in the Vale would join the War when the Tully's, Starks and Baratheons are defeated and the Tyrells have thrown in with the Lannisters.

Archived