Opinion of Aegon

The Fresh PtwP

He's a spoiled brat who isn't anything like the perfect prince Varys described.

- Getting mad at Tyrion and tipping over the cyvasse table and ordering Tyrion to pick up the pieces - if he wants to be king he's going to have to deal with people far worse than Tyrion. He can't control his temper over a board game he's not fit to be a good ruler.

- Thinking he's automatically entitled to Dany. What an asshole.

- Being touted as having learned to fight as befits a knight yet when the storm men landed on the boat, what did he do? He froze and stood there with his mouth hanging open. It was Tyrion who had to jump in and save his sorry ass.

- Ordering JonCon to pull Tyrion out of the water - If Aegon was hero material he would have pulled Tyrion out himself. Instead he shows no regard for the life of his mentor and father figure and ends up condemning him to greyscale.

- He spent his life on a pole boat. He's never been to court or observed political intrigues, He's never learned patience, to read a room, or handle himself like an adult (again, the cryvasse game). I'm tired of the Targaryen Temper argument for any of the Targaryens, that's just a pathetic excuse to act like a spoiled toddler.

- He's impatient and lacks common sense:

He rushed off to Storm's End against his adviser's council, he failed to consolidate his forces, his army is strewn up and down the coast and some haven't even arrived yet, and his elephants are stuck in the rainwood. Idiot.

Unless he gets a big smack in the head and grows up, this kid is a loser.

- He's impatient and lacks common sense:

He rushed off to Storm's End against his adviser's council, he failed to consolidate his forces, his army is strewn up and down the coast and some haven't even arrived yet, and his elephants are stuck in the rainwood. Idiot.

Unless he gets a big smack in the head and grows up, this kid is a loser.

Really?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was originally Jon Connington's plan to go to Storm's End. If anything, Jon Connington is the idiot then. Aegon only insisted that he lead the men after he found out about the plans. Aegon may be impatient but there is a certain common sense in his presence. If they take Storm's End successfully, people will remember the valiant young Prince boldly claiming what's his by birth. That will attract many new followers.

It's a disaster only if Aegon follows in Loras Tyrell's footsteps and gets himself toasted. But I think Connington will be there to make sure that that doesn't happen.

Every young male character in this series that has been trained in arms has been over confident and eager for battle. His attitude doesn't surprise me. I guess the only thing that bothered me was the moment he froze up in the face of the stone men. But then again, Tyrion the Super-Halfman had to have another contrived moment of glory.

Oh wow, he saved Joffrey from Stannis, saved Jon from bullies and Aegon from the stone men. And someone said Jon was a Mary Sue? :lol:

I also think it's really really really silly that he has a guard named Duck. Duck and Egg?! I can't. GRRM pls.

Which brings me to the true significance of Blackfyre/Targ debate: is he legal?

He's supposed to be 18-19 if he's the real Aegon or the same age as Aegon.

He's young and naive. He listened to Tyrion, while he should be with Dany instead of being with the GC.

When was Jon around Tyrion again? When he was 14? What kind of comparison is that? Aegon is supposed to be a full year older than him.

He is supposed to be 18 now. Which is strange, since Tyrion noticed him as 15 or 16.

When was Jon around Tyrion again? When he was 14? What kind of comparison is that? Aegon is supposed to be a full year older than him.

Also Jon is known for his crazy temper around anything to do with his bastard status and family which is just what Tyrion was winding him up about. Tyrion was lucky Jon didn't go full red mist on him.

I'd love to know when people are going to give Jon a break for losing his temper the first couple of chapters of AGOT and quickly maturing afterwards. How longs is the boy going to be punished?

He doesn't lose his temper but what once by the time dance rolls around. And I wouldn't even classify it as him really loosing his shit. IT was more like he was stating a very valid point that he would like to bring death and destruction down on house Lannister. That's more of a point of fact than loosing one's temper.

As to a opposed to Aegon who is suppose to be the perfect prince and suppose to know better. The Imp gave him sound advice or at least to his reasoning, he never took the time to investigate if what Tyrion was telling him was worth listening too. Then when he realizes that he's been tricked over some thing as simple as a game goes to show a deeper problem. He's not going to last long in a court were it's your life to smile at the wrong person. Where it's better to have a still and unreadable expression.

Every young male character in this series that has been trained in arms has been over confident and eager for battle. His attitude doesn't surprise me. I guess the only thing that bothered me was the moment he froze up in the face of the stone men. But then again, Tyrion the Super-Halfman had to have another contrived moment of glory.

Oh wow, he saved Joffrey from Stannis, saved Jon from bullies and Aegon from the stone men. And someone said Jon was a Mary Sue? :lol:

I also think it's really really really silly that he has a guard named Duck. Duck and Egg?! I can't. GRRM pls.

He's supposed to be 18-19 if he's the real Aegon or the same age as Aegon.

well damn just occurred to me benefit of being the author's fave i guess.

This is what I don't understand either. All that Varys claims about Aegon seems untrue to me. He knows who he is and in my opinion does act "entitled" which of course he would since he knows who he is, since he knows they're planning to put him on the throne, since he knows he's been privileged to have guardians and tutors, etc.

I don't see the evidence of having to survive or being hunted at all. No one seems to have the faintest clue that he still exists so how could he feel like he is being hunted and trying to survive?

It doesn't seem to me that they are starving or hurting for supplies.

Varys' speech bugs the heck out of me because of these things.

And he does act like a spoiled brat with the Cyvasse board. And to Connington too.

Anyone can learn a bunch of languages and history. That doesn't mean they'll be a good king for the people whatsoever. I can't buy that this is really Varys' plan because it is illogical and incorrect. Why on earth would anyone believe that telling a child he is entitled to a throne would not, in fact, lead to his developing that attitude?

If Aegon is truly Aegon, I don't like that he was told. It ruins the whole thing Varys claims to be attempting.

I found him arrogant at times, childish, and a little too teenaged boyish but I suppose he is one right?

Not a fan of the plot development, but he could turn out cool. I haven't written him off but I call BS on Varys. If he truly believes what he's selling he is about to be sorry I fear.

This.

:leave:

Archived