Have you ever turned on a character?

LooseyRoosey

Arianne. Dummest dummy dumb. And her enormous chest... euh, Ego !

While her plan to crown Myrcella was pretty stupid, I wouldn't go so far as to say she is dumb. She is very good at manipulating people, either through sex, in Arys' case, or playing on their emotions, in the case of the girl who she convinced her crush would die if she didn't help her. She is pretty good at reading people, and has some pretty funny and snarky lines. And it isn't really ego if she really does have an enormous chest ;)

Tyrion and Jaime. The former was a mess in aDwD, now I don't give a fuck about him. And in my latest re-read I hated Jaime so damn much when he was dealing with the Tullys in aFfC. I used to root for the Lannisters as a whole, but now I only like Cersei

Once loved but now increasingly disappointed in (though still hoping for a turnaround): Dany and Tyrion

Deeply disliked but now love: Sansa and Jaime

I actually watched a few episodes of Game of Thrones before I read the books, and my first thoughts on Jaime were, “Who is this lame Prince Charming MFer. Could he be a more generic villain?” Hey, I like a story that surprises me.

I feel like Tyrion has become that friend who has turned into a total shithead, and you grit your teeth, bear them, and hope things get better so that you can stand them again. He's one of my favorite pov characters in the first three books, but man, ADWD.

I went with being neutral towards Jon and now can barely stand to read his chapters.

Dany, for sure. She grew increasingly arrogant throughout the series, and now she's just downright foolish.

Tyrion I have mixed feelings about. I agree with what the OP said, but I also think the old Tyrion that I first loved will make a comeback before the books are done.

Dany and Jon. It was mainly because of the show. I liked them a lot, but since I read the books they started to bore me and I am completely detached and indifferent about them. If they died I wouldn't bat my eyes.

Jaime and Theon boy did I dislike them in the first two books, but I truly started to love them both in ASOS and ADWD.

After lurking this board for a long time...

1. Every Stark from Brandon the Builder to Rickon the Unicorn riding toddler conqueror who will slay Stannis on the left and Roose on the right.

I know you mean this ironically but I still...I now must have Rickon the Unicorn-Riding Toddler Conqueror© action figure. So much wanting.

I've been pretty consistent in my like/dislike for characters with this series. The character's that I've liked/hated or remained indifferent about have remained the same throughout the story.

Stannis, wasn't really a fan to begin with....

Ned, I wish he wasn't so naive thinking that he could trust anyone.... all men lie!

Catelyn, that lady was getting on my nerves sticking her head in matter she couldn't change.

Dany, she acts like the throne is her's by right and frankly she needs to get over herself.

Archived