Suspicions I: The Three Heads

John Suburbs

yushkevitch, GRRM confirmed that there will be three riders when he said that the third rider doesn't necessarily have to be a Targaryen.

No. He said this about the three heads, when iirc someone asked about both the heads and riders assuming they were the same.

According to Aemon, three heads mean three people. It's implicit they must be related with House Targayen, since he looks for them between Jaeherys' descendancy. But the three heads of the dragon need not be the three riders.

The riders could just have some Targaryen blood, or none. Dragons seem to feel easy with Targs, and there's a pressing need to call them to duty. So, I tend to think the raiders must have something to do with Targs. By now, we know about Ben Plumm, but I dn't see him riding a dragon. Tyrion boasts to know something about dragon's lore.

Since the dragons are not fully developed, I guess the two raiders left could be Tyrion and Penny, but I'm not in the mood of discussing it, really.

Jon is a wolf! It must come from his mother, despite who his father is. He's the king of the wildlings, and the seven kingdoms don't reach beyond the Wall. Look for dragons elsewhere.

1. At the moment, Drogon's rider is known: it's Dany. Many people also think that eventually Jon will tame Drogon.

2. Viserion's rider is very much foreshadowed in the series, check here:http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/102076-danys-dragonriders-tpatq-spoilers-with-the-improved-op/ . It will be Tyrion.

3. Link above also speculates on Victarion riding Rhaegal, but I am less sure about this. Colour-wise it could be Bran (bronze) or Jorah (green) as well.

Archived