Jon Snow Arc Changes in Game of Thrones Season 4 [Book Spoilers]

Don't wanna start a new thread, but is R+L = J confirmed in the show? I seem to remember only a few conversation:

- Robert in first season saying how much he hates R.

- A few conversations between different characters saying how noble was R actually.

- Some conversation this season between Twin and Ollena but i can't remember what.

Help please:)

Certainly it's not confirmed anywhere, just clues and hints dropped as you've demonstrated. No one's getting a confirmation until close to the endgame of the series (because this information will be directly related to how things finish up I imagine).

So, Jon's arc should be :

4 - Preparations and planning for the raid on Craster's.

5 - Raid in itself.

6 - Absent (return to the Wall).

7 - Ploting.

8 -

9 - Battle.

10 -

Do we have any clues on what will happen there for episode 8 ?

Some minor battle ? Last preparations ?

5 - Raid in itself.

7 - Ploting.

8 -

9 - Battle.

10 -

Locke might show up? He is going to the Wall in search for Bran and Rickon after all. :dunno:

Weren't there two battles at the wall in the book? The first attack by Ygritte's group from the south and then the actual defense of the wall against Mance from the North. It seems like people aren't talking about the first one at all or they think it will happen in the same episode as the other battle. Before the season I assumed that the first battle would happen in episode 5 or 6 and then second one would happen in episode 9.

Weren't there two battles at the wall in the book? The first attack by Ygritte's group from the south and then the actual defense of the wall against Mance from the North. It seems like people aren't talking about the first one at all or they think it will happen in the same episode as the other battle. Before the season I assumed that the first battle would happen in episode 5 or 6 and then second one would happen in episode 9.

Confirmed roughly 6 months ago that both attacks would occur concurrently in E9.

Hbo and the directors are gonna change whatever they want .its entertaining and gives me something to keep me interested in the world of westeros.the books are great and whatever happens in books are written in store .so it doesn't bother me too much about changes in tv version.i can't get enough I enjoy everything ASoiaf.

Locke might show up? He is going to the Wall in search for Bran and Rickon after all. :dunno:

Yeah, right, I think he will show up during episode 7 or 8 !

They'll have a lot to cover for Jon in season 5 if they want to end it on the "Ides of March" :

- Election if it is not this season.

- Discussions with Stannis, Melissandre, Shireen...

- Sending Sam, Gilly and Aemon away.

- Talking about letting the wildlings through, tensions.

- Checking the ressources at CB.

- Letting the wildling though.

- Wedding subplot (that might be cut).

- Possible introduction of Val.

- Pink Letter and Ides of March.

Might make a heavy season 5 for Jon !

They'll have a lot to cover for Jon in season 5 if they want to end it on the "Ides of March" :

:agree: Show Shireen is adorable so I'm looking forward for any scenes she has with Jon-

“Princess.” Jon inclined his head. Shireen was a homely child, made even uglier by the greyscale that had left her neck and part of her cheek stiff and grey and cracked. “My brothers and I are at your service,” he told the girl.

Shireen reddened. “Thank you, my lord.”

I wonder if they are going to have any part of the battle before episode 9. in the book, it is split over several chapters because it isnt a conventional battle. there are a bunch of smaller confrontations over a couple of days i think. plus, he also has to be put into the ice cell (unless they cut that) and treat with mance. it seems like it might be weird in one episode. the pacing might be kind of weird. i have faith though. it will probably be awesome. really as long as i here someone yell "stannis stannis stannis!" i'll be happy. but i wouldnt be surprised if that doesnt happen. the ending might be really similar to blackwater, just ending on a shot of stannis.

I'm sure they'll cut some of it out, exactly because it's way too much. I'm not sure it was the greatest idea to stretch out his storyline so much, for instance the election should have been this season.

Do we know what's happening with the Mance/Dalla plot? Does it exist? Is Mance even in this season?

I'm sure they'll cut some of it out, exactly because it's way too much. I'm not sure it was the greatest idea to stretch out his storyline so much, for instance the election should have been this season.

Do we know what's happening with the Mance/Dalla plot? Does it exist? Is Mance even in this season?

Mance is in for certain; not sure what's happening with Dalla, Val and the baby.

Mance is in for certain; not sure what's happening with Dalla, Val and the baby.

I feel they really dropped the ball with Mance. No actually, I feel they never really bothered to begin with. The wildling's storyline has become Ygritte's revenge quest ft. Tormund and a bunch of Cannibals <_<

They added the attack on Craster's Keep because they shoved the Battle of Castle Black and the Battle of the Wall into the same episode (they wanted to deliver another Blackwater style Wall-centric episode). Without the Battle of Castle Black in the mid-season... there'd be pretty much nothing to do with Jon in the mid-season, which would suck since this should be a big season for him. I think it's a smart decision, and it helps tie loose ends. Time will tell if they pull it off, but I don't see how it can go wrong (unless Bran is involved, and then it can go wrong in many different ways). We shall see.

5 - Raid in itself.

7 - Ploting.

8 -

9 - Battle.

10 -

They screwed it up in the show. Probably because they didnt have the budget to do it properly.

It should have been like this

4 - Battle of Castle Black

5 - Preparation for siege of wall

6 - Battle at the wall (1st wave)

7 - Ongoing siege and withdrawal

8 - Jon Snow ordered to assassinate Mance Rayder

9 - Battle at the wall final, Stannis and NW cavalry attack

10 - Aftermath and introduction wildlings

Val needs to be in the show as well!!!

I tend to think of the show as an alternate universe from the books. It makes me feel better =P

I just forget about it completely and remember a few faces (that match the book's description) when I read the books

Archived