Sansa and Tyrion reconciliation?

Hippocras

Something worthy of speculation, and I have not really seen any: is there any possibility that Sansa might eventually come around to seeing Tyrion in a more positive light?

Here is the thing, I think when she is a bit older and less naive she will make a fantastic queen. Tyrion has potential to be a great king. The only problem is (other than age difference) that she hates him for being a Lannister - we know he does care about her.

But Tyrion may turn out to be only a Lannister on his mother's side. And Sansa is fast losing her prejudices against physical ugliness, bastards and non-knights. It is possible that through some combination of her own warging, talking to a Bran bird or tree, and secrets collected by Arya and Jon, she may one day learn the truth about Tyrion in all its aspects. Could she forgive?

She had no reason to hate tyrion… he didnt order her father dead, he didnt plan the deaths of her brother and mother… he has done nothing but protect her, although she may find it hard considering he is a lannister… i do think as she gets older she will see her misconception of him and know to appreciate him… i don't know if it will go as far as love but it will be a positive outlook

I don't think Sansa is holding any kind of unreasonable grudge against Tyrion, she just isn't attracted to him and believes, rightly, that he is a Lannister first and foremost. I don't think Tyrion cared about her so much as he wasn't into being needlessly cruel for the hell of it. That doesn't prove loving feelings, it just proves the absence of psychopathy. She acknowledges several times in her thoughts that he was kind to her and that he saved her from Joffrey, but just because he is not awful to her doesn't mean she is obliged to be attracted to him.

She had no reason to hate tyrion he didnt order her father dead, he didnt plan the deaths of her brother and mother he has done nothing but protect her, although she may find it hard considering he is a lannister i do think as she gets older she will see her misconception of him and know to appreciate him i don't know if it will go as far as love but it will be a positive outlook

True enough, but he did, in the past creep her out, and she simple burns with Lannister hate. Meanwhile LF will be doing everything in his power to make her hate Tyrion because he has been trying to get the little imp good and dead for the whole series.

I would see a lot of beautiful irony in it if, after all of LF scheming to accumulate her power, she refuses to annul her marriage to Tyrion.

Well for one Sansa never had anything against Tyrion. She didn't like him like she did Tommen and Myrcella, but nor did she dislike him like Cersei and Joffrey. Though, I don't see her ending up with Tyrion if that is truly what you hope them to end up with. Because Sansa wants a marriage with love and she hasn't shown any attraction towards him. And it has nothing to do with his ugliness, because she seems to have, subconscious, attraction towards Sandor. And I don't even ship Sansan.

Well for one Sansa never had anything against Tyrion. She didn't like him like she did Tommen and Myrcella, but nor did she dislike him like Cersei and Joffrey. Though, I don't see her ending up with Tyrion if that is truly what you hope them to end up with. Because Sansa wants a marriage with love and she hasn't shown any attraction towards him. And it has nothing to do with his ugliness, because she seems to have, subconscious, attraction towards Sandor. And I don't even ship Sansan.

True also. But maybe Sandor is a hint of a general warming up to ugliness, which would include the possibility of eventual attraction to Tyrion? Also Sandor is possibly a weak warg who doesn't know it, so her connection to him could be simply related to the wolf/dog blood thing.

Furthermore, she is going through a political education and may, in future be more of a pragmatist and less of a romantic when it comes to marriage. There is precedent. We know Cat felt nothing for Ned when she married him, but grew to love him.

I'd argue about the perversity of a child bride coming to reconcile with the man who married her against her will, but then I remembered that this series portrayed Dany/Drogo as romantic.

Then I threw up a little in my mouth and once again questioned my tastes.

I'd argue about the perversity of a child bride coming to reconcile with the man who married her against her will, but then I remembered that this series portrayed Dany/Drogo as romantic.

Then I threw up a little in my mouth and once again questioned my tastes.

It was at least as much against Tyrion's will you should recall. Also remember he never forced her, sexually. If anything Tyrion is the one who most craves love in his marriage, having lived without love for most of his life. His father hurt HIM by forcing him into this marriage also. This problematic marriage should not be treated as if Sansa was the only victim.

It was at least as much against Tyrion's will you should recall. Also remember he never forced her, sexually. If anything Tyrion is the one who most craves love in his marriage, having lived without love for most of his life. His father hurt HIM by forcing him into this marriage also. This problematic marriage should not be treated as if Sansa was the only victim.

Poor little Tyrion, forced to choose between the twelve year old heiress, Lollys and staying single. And he abstained from raping a frightened child, such a hero.

I don't think Sansa is holding any kind of unreasonable grudge against Tyrion, she just isn't attracted to him and believes, rightly, that he is a Lannister first and foremost. I don't think Tyrion cared about her so much as he wasn't into being needlessly cruel for the hell of it. That doesn't prove loving feelings, it just proves the absence of psychopathy. She acknowledges several times in her thoughts that he was kind to her and that he saved her from Joffrey, but just because he is not awful to her doesn't mean she is obliged to be attracted to him.

What? You mean someone being slightly nice to a female doesn't entitle them to immediate romantic / sexual attraction from said female?

Irony may be present in the above sentence.

Anyway, on topic, I don't see Tyrion and Sansa ever moving beyond what their "relationship" was at the time: strained civility, an uneasy truce perhaps.

I'm also sincerely doubting that the current Tyrion has it in him to become "a great King". He's too damaged - through no fault of his own, mind, but too damaged all the same.

I suppose there's potential for character-changing catharsis in his future, if he against all odds finds peace with "the Tysha situation", but other than that, he's a wreck.

Poor little Tyrion, forced to choose between the twelve year old heiress, Lollys and staying single. And he abstained from raping a frightened child, such a hero.

Yeah and I am sure you would defy Tywin to fulfill an oath that would be impossible to fulfill, given that her family was supposedly all dead ,except Lysa who he knew first hand was a nutcase.

He is the greyest character in the books and no traditional hero, but certainly marrying her saved her from any number of worse mates. Like Ramsay himself for that matter. Did it occur to you she would have been sent to HIM if she had still been unmarried?

Yeah and I am sure you would defy Tywin to fulfill an oath that would be impossible to fulfill, given that her family was supposedly all dead ,except Lysa who he knew first hand was a nutcase.

He is the greyest character in the books and no traditional hero, but certainly marrying her saved her from any number of worse mates. Like Ramsay himself for that matter. Did it occur to you she would have been sent to HIM if she had still been unmarried?

I think you need a reread-her husband was going to be either Lancel or Tyrion. Or, he could have leaked the information to the Tyrells, allowing her to escape with them. Or he could have warned her so she wouldn't at least be blindsided.

Or he could have said no. Jaime did, Cersei did, so why couldn't he?

I think you need a reread-her husband was going to be either Lancel or Tyrion. Or, he could have leaked the information to the Tyrells, allowing her to escape with them. Or he could have warned her so she wouldn't at least be blindsided.

Or he could have said no. Jaime did, Cersei did, so why couldn't he?

Lancel. Really. That is your idea of someone better?

The same Tyrells who happily moved to undermine him at every opportunity and were clearly making a dangerous power grab? Why would he be loyal to them and why would that have been better for Sansa? Seriously.

Why do you want to portray Tyrion as a monster? He is no more so than anyone else. He has been hurt badly for most of his life, yet has stayed pretty strong considering, and has done quite a bit of good. I don't get the Tyrion hate here.

Poor Tyrion, if he'd left Sansa to marry Lancel he'd be getting blamed for allowing her to get molested by another man instead of marrying her himself for her own protection.

Well no, not saying him marrying her was some kind of altruistic move, but it was no more evil than any of the other choices for her. And from his point of view it was his only option really. Tywin made that quite clear. The Tyrells are the most corrupt family there is in my view, they just hide it well. I do not share the view they would have been somehow a good option for Sansa.

Archived