Sins that don't get enough mention/hate on the forums

AintNoStark

Tyrion's and Jaime's, surely. Because people like them. It's easy to blame Theon, who was a moron and now's just pathetic. But Jaime and Tyrion are charming.

And there's Dany, the genocide. Some remember her crimes, but her fans just won't see them.

Oh, definitely Sandor. The Hound suddenly became a hero, but he did a lot of awful stuff. I don't see how some people can truly want to see him and Sansa together. Arya will never forgive him and she's right.

Marrying cousins was completely normal in medieval times.

It is still practiced today in some Asian and African countries.

And European (teh internets says every country, correct me if it's wrong). And American (half of the US). It's not very common, but happens and is legal in quite many places on Earth. Why are people on this forum so hung up on cousin marriage?

Jaime pushing Bran out the window. Even Catelyn and Ned were very understanding of that offense. How is that possible? Particularly since Catelyn kidnapped Tyrion for the same crime.

Dany promising the folks of Yunkai (or was it Meereen) three days to consider her offer and then attacking them that night. Also, striking a bargain with the slave owners and then going back on it. Not saying that those folks didn't deserve to be killed, but it makes me question her trustworthiness. If people cannot trust her word, that will be a problem.

Perhaps these crimes/sins are ignored because there are far worse things going on in the books all the time.

And European (teh internets says every country, correct me if it's wrong). And American (half of the US). It's not very common, but happens and is legal in quite many places on Earth. Why are people on this forum so hung up on cousin marriage?

I've wondered about this too. It's legal in 90% of the world and very common in a lot of places.

Especially since in Tywin's case we don't even know if Joanna was his first, second, third or even further removed cousin. Not that there;s anything wrong with even marrying a first cousin as far as I am concerned. Though my country is one of the few European ones where it's illegal.

Dany promising the folks of Yunkai (or was it Meereen) three days to consider her offer and then attacking them that night. Also, striking a bargain with the slave owners and then going back on it. Not saying that those folks didn't deserve to be killed, but it makes me question her trustworthiness. If people cannot trust her word, that will be a problem.

:agree: And the crucifieing of 167 people that were not proven guilty. And the torture of the winesellers daughters. Killing of her brother. The list for Danys crimes is endless.

But I think she gets much hate here on the forum^^

Well usually some of the crimes are forgotten because of the involvement of the time factor.For example Cersei kiling her friend in childhood.Also people tend to forget or forgive the crimes of the characters they fancy.Tyrion and Jaime are an example for that.No matter how much I like Frey pies(I stand by it and love it) we tend to forgive Manderly for going all Hannibal Lecter on us because of RW and our common disgust for the Freys.Even Cersei gets a free pass from time to time.Some crimes are getting forgotten because the recent ones are way much bigger then the past ones or they are more fresh wound so we can see the scar tissue and talk about it.

IN THE U.S. COUSIN MARRIAGE IS ALLOWED IN:

Alabama

Alaska

California

Colorado

Connecticut

District of Columbia

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Maryland

Massachusetts

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina*

Rhode Island

South Carolina

Tennessee

Vermont

Virginia

IN THE U.S. COUSIN MARRIAGE IS ALLOWED IN:

Alabama

Alaska

California

Colorado

Connecticut

District of Columbia

Florida

Georgia

Hawaii

Maryland

Massachusetts

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina*

Rhode Island

South Carolina

Tennessee

Vermont

Virginia

Thank you. I'll be sure to visit each and every one of these havens of tolerance and wholesome values.

Here in Brazil the law does not forbid cousin marriage. Though I've never seen it happening. I'm sure it does, but people probably try to hide it. It's not considered normal at all, it wouldn't even cross my mind to have something with a cousin, but if it happened with a friend... I don't think it would be such a big deal. At least I wouldn't really be offended.

Don't derail the topic please :)

Dany's illegal taking of the Unsullied is definitely worthy of mention but no because #SWAGYOLOTARGARYEN#GIRLPOWA or whatever.

This is one of the MOST talked about sin or "sin" (however you see it) on this forum.

Don't derail the topic please :)

Cousin humping was the derailment... it is hardly considered a sin.

why not just go with:

covet---Theon but he gets blamed for it...but then kind of excused because he got tortured...

steal---LF stole Tylrion's wife.... it didnt end horribly yet... but he gets no blame

kill---Arya... She killed more than the mountin before age 13--

lie--- Ned... he did and nobody calls him on it.

dishonoring parents--- Tyrion the little whoremonger...LF is wrong for owning a brothel... but the imp gets a pass..

adultery--- Rhaegar or Ned..one of them fathered Jon both were married

Cousin and even sibling marriage doesn't bother me. Then again, I'm an animal breeder and it is a very common practice for preserving bloodlines or locking in certain traits. Not that I want to marry my brother, but it's more of a cultural, historical thing.

Dany's savior complex and her treatment of the free cities grates on me. She just basically comes waltzing in, says that their customs and economy are bad and changes it literally overnight. Again, I am not saying that slavery is a good thing, but when something has been in practice for hundreds and thousands of years, it's very difficult to change things so quickly.

Archived