Sins that don't get enough mention/hate on the forums

AintNoStark

She gets as much flak as she deserves considering the shit she pulls.

Barristan tell me about my father. OH FUCK STOP I DON'T WANNA HEAR ANY MORE.

Kill all 167 of these people....!

Sorry Quentyn, I know Dorne's a vital alliance, and Westerosi one at that, but I'd rather appease Hizdahr the Lawnmower than actually get a foothold in the venue of my final most important conquest.

Daario, your douchebaggery truly appeals to me. Let the whole court know about our affair!

Ned Stark? Omg usurper's dog.

Other than the 163 Mereenese nobles she crucified how are any of other examples sins?

I'm not sure I should go as far as to call it a 'sin' (especially compared to most atrocities in the story) so I'm cheating a bit, but even so:

I think Stannis acted like a total douchebag in the prologe of aCoK. He ignores Cressen, let him be made fun of by his wife and priestess, and replaces him for a younger maester without even notifying him. The man practically raised him after his father died. Stannis is like those people who put their parents in home and never visits.

Also, the way he talked about Ned wasn't cool at all. I'm pretty sure later in the story we learn he respects Ned, but in that chapter he seemed a bit...petty. Sure Robert treated him like shit but that wasn't Ned's fault. The guy died trying to put you on the throne.

I like Stannis, he tries to do the right thing and his rally to the wall was awesome. But I'm not that much a Stannis lover as many on this board. There's a reason the man is not loved.

Also, Jaime killing Ned's men in Kings Landing was cowardly and unforgivable to me but it seems to get overshadowed a bit by his child throwing and sister fucking.

Other than the 163 Mereenese nobles she crucified how are any of other examples sins?

Dany is the Queen.... That means she is the Government. Government is the means by which state policy is enforced, as well as the mechanism for determining the policy of the state. In short she can't do anything illegal.

It's good to be the queen.

Most won't say killing is a sin. Check the Bible these days. They prefer murder as the sin. Murder is a legal term and not a moral one. Dany can't murder, or rape, or commit larceny, or commit adultery, or commit Purjury... as her parents are dead, she can hardly dishonor them. Her sins are really hard to establish.

The destruction of the Greystarks. So Tywin kills all the Reynes and Tarbecks, it's wrong! But the Starks killing all their Greystark kin it's OK?

Cat arrests Tyrion, Tywin goes all ''how dares she!''. Joffrey arrests Ned, Robb goes all ''how dares he!''.

Tywin pillages the Riverlands, OMG he's a war criminal! Robb pillages the West, OMG he's a hero.

Jaime defenestrates Bran.

Black Walder, Euron, Young Lord Hunter, Ramsay try to kill their kin to steal their inheritance, they're villains but Renly isn't?!

''I conquered Meereen! I'am it's Queen! But Robert is a usurper!''

''The Stark boy thinks he can give me a crown?! How dare he?... Say Tywin, would you give me the North?

''Joffrey is a monster! Here, take these merchants and distract yourself by torturing them.''

Jon and Thorne.

I'm not sure I should go as far as to call it a 'sin' (especially compared to most atrocities in the story) so I'm cheating a bit, but even so:

I think Stannis acted like a total douchebag in the prologe of ASOS. He ignores Cressen, let him be made fun of by his wife and priestess, and replaces him for a younger maester without even notifying him. The man practically raised him after his father died. Stannis is like those people who put their parents in home and never visits.

Also, the way he talked about Ned wasn't cool at all. I'm pretty sure later in the story we learn he respects Ned, but in that chapter he seemed a bit...petty. Sure Robert treated him like shit but that wasn't Ned's fault. The guy died trying to put you on the throne.

I like Stannis, he tries to do the right thing and his rally to the wall was awesome. But I'm not that much a Stannis lover as many on this board. There's a reason the man is not loved.

Also, Jaime killing Ned's men in Kings Landing was cowardly and unforgivable to me but it seems to get overshadowed a bit by his child throwing and sister fucking.

Stannis and Ned weren't friends. He was just being honest.

Its mentioned but its absurdly white washed to the point where I can't help but bash my head in.

She was a CHILD who had NO IDEA how much danger her family was in. How is pointing that out "whitewashing"? What she did was stupid, not evil. I can't believe the people who treat it like it's some heinous crime. How can anyone fail to notice that she had no idea what she was doing or what it would lead to?

Dany is the Queen.... That means she is the Government. Government is the means by which state policy is enforced, as well as the mechanism for determining the policy of the state. In short she can't do anything illegal.

It's good to be the queen.

Most won't say killing is a sin. Check the Bible these days. They prefer murder as the sin. Murder is a legal term and not a moral one. Dany can't murder, or rape, or commit larceny, or commit adultery, or commit Purjury... as her parents are dead, she can hardly dishonor them. Her sins are really hard to establish.

Then she's a dictator.

Robb pillaging the Westerlands for one...

Stannis burning Alester Florent.

The general willingness to go to war in Westeros.

And more than anything else, Arya's cold blooded murder of Dareon.

She was a CHILD who had NO IDEA how much danger her family was in. How is pointing that out "whitewashing"? What she did was stupid, not evil. I can't believe the people who treat it like it's some heinous crime. How can anyone fail to notice that she had no idea what she was doing or what it would lead to?

"I want you back in Winterfell for your own safety. Three of my men were cut down like dogs ... But say nothing of this. It’s better if no one knows of our plans."

Calling Sansa's betrayal only "stupid" whitewashes the extreme selfishness of what she did. Saying Sansa had "no idea what she was doing" whitewashes the fact that her idea was to get the Queen to convince the King to overrule Ned's plan so Sansa could hang with Joff at court. To blame Sansa's betrayal on her only being "a child" whitewashes the fact that expectations for noble children are high - witnessing an execution at age 7, going to war as a squire at 10, and getting married at 13.

No, Sansa didnt anticipate that the law of unintended consequences would recoil on her. Yes, in this respect, after what happened with Mycah and Lady, she "was stupid". Evil is tossing your sister under the Ilyn Payne bus to Cersei - “I’m not like Arya,” Sansa blurted. “She has the traitor’s blood, not me."

Then she's a dictator.

Why of course.

Trying to judge the characters by the norms of today is a bit of a dead end, I am afraid.

Also Sansa betraying her father was no sin. Children do stupid things because they are children.

Ned not really paying attention to the deserter he was about to behead wasn't a sin either, but one of the more important failures so far. And Ned at least was an adult and a relatively levelheaded in reality as well as by reputation.

I think by far the greatest sin that goes unmentioned is the Unsullied and their training.

more than anything to me , it's Renly calling shireen a monster :tantrum:

that one makes me furious , she's just an innocent sweet girl :wub:

i can't believe people actually like Renly , he's an enormous asshole .

Roose's involvement in the RW- Too many people direct their Red Wedding hate towards the Freys because Roose is a cool villain....Come on people! He killed his king and took part in the planning and slaughter of his fellow Northerners so he could rule them. The Freys did it for revenge (way over the top, disgusting and cowardly but still) while Roose did it for nothing but selfish power gain. He is just as bad as the Freys (if not worse). Why do you love him?....I don't get it! :bang:

Jaime pushing Bran out the Window- This was attempted murder and the deed isn't erased because Jaime got himself crippled (karma) and is becoming a better person. Although, I do like Jaime.

Jon trying to kill Thorne- Yeah, okay running at him with a knife was a bit much.

Robert neglecting his duties as a King and a Father and 'Dragonspawn'- There's an ongoing thread on this so I won't say much on the matter.

Dany allowing her brother to be killed rather brutally- He did threaten her life and her unborn child, admit to seeing her raped by an entire army (and their horses) should it benefited him, have her married to a known brute and abuse her with the 'dragon,' However, he also had a HUGE burden on his shoulders which was driving him towards desperation and madness, cared for her while they were both orphaned and he was her brother. She shouldn't have sat back and watched while boiling gold was poured over him and then continue to have bitter thoughts about him...only displaying some guilt and sorrow (not regret) afterwards.

He was also drunk so yeah she could've made an effort to tell everyone he's not who he is right now. Effect of the liquor.

Archived