Videogame thread: Stick of Falling Titan Truth

Werthead

But that talk of a F2P multiplayer thing is a worry. Though I can't see Amy Hennig doing that. She likes telling a story so perhaps they recruited her to come back and do a proper game, not this F2P thing.

The LoK multiplayer game has been in developement for a while. I can't see Hennig going back for that. I think we are more likely see her at a different developer with a new series.

I'm working on a SL1 run in Darksouls right now. Been having a bitch of a time with Artorias. (And probably will skip Kalameet entirely, btw) He was whipping me while I was only getting a couple of hits in total. Picked up the Dark Wood Grain Ring and that seems to help a lot, I can get him down to about half health, half the time. What's the best approach? Seems like going Pyro with Dusk Crown and Bellowing Ring will get the job done faster than beating him with my +5 lightning reinforced club. At this point I pretty much have all of the non Artorias of the Abyss expansion up to +5/+14.

I don't know how you would even approach that. AFAIR, he's not really weak to anything. That fight is a trial with a levelled character. Even with the FaP ring I'm sure he still 1 shots you. Lots of practice and luck?

I started playing this again too. I want to beat Manus at least once before Tuesday. It's not going well so far. I don't know why I've had so much trouble with this guy when I can beat everyone else pretty easily.

I bought Stick of Truth and played it for a few hours last night. It's good, but so far feels too much like a flash based rpg you get can get online for free.

It's South Park. It's supposed to look like Flash animation.

It's South Park. It's supposed to look like Flash animation.

Not to speak for ericxihn (said before I speak for ericxihn), but it sounds like the complaint is more about the gameplay than the aesthetic ( feels vs. looks). My understanding from reading the reviews is that the gameplay is a bit shallow for an JRPG-style game (only one teammate, no restrictions on equipment based on class, etc.). It sounds like a "mechanics light" game.

Skywind is looking pretty amazing. I've bounced hard off Morrowind on each of the four or five times I've tried to get into it, so this is just what the doctor ordered.

Gearbox have revealed more about the Homeworld Remastered project. They're completely going to town on both Homeworld and Homeworld 2, creating completely new models, lighting systems and so on. Both games are being remade to handle resolutions of up to 4K, and will include 'legacy' versions of the original games. They're also hosting a survey on what people want in the Collector's Edition box: a 6" die-cast model Mothership or a 12" one that lights up. I'm going for the latter.

The Remastered editions of both games are expected to be out in the Autumn. Unfortunately, it sounds like the all-new Homeworld game, Shipbreakers, won't be out this year and will be a 2015 release.

Dragon Age III environmental trailer. Er. Okay, the graphics look nice. A bit like Skyrim, which is actually a bit disappointing given it's three years and another console generation down the line.

Skywind is looking pretty amazing. I've bounced hard off Morrowind on each of the four or five times I've tried to get into it, so this is just what the doctor ordered.

Can I just say that people waxing nostalgic about Morrowind makes me feel old? That game came out, like, yesterday.

Dragon Age III environmental trailer. Er. Okay, the graphics look nice. A bit like Skyrim, which is actually a bit disappointing given it's three years and another console generation down the line.

Graphics aren't really a major concern when it comes to DA3. Bioware have generally been behind the curve in terms of visuals. They'll have to sell me on gameplay and story before I consider paying full price for this.

On the other hand, replaying ME3 with proper textures of course improves the experience. Really makes me wish they at least allow for a free download of better ones for their next games, as they did with DA2.

I don't know how you would even approach that. AFAIR, he's not really weak to anything. That fight is a trial with a levelled character. Even with the FaP ring I'm sure he still 1 shots you. Lots of practice and luck?

I started playing this again too. I want to beat Manus at least once before Tuesday. It's not going well so far. I don't know why I've had so much trouble with this guy when I can beat everyone else pretty easily.

A couple of his attacks just do about 98% of my hit points in damage. I'll be laying thinking I'm dead but still can occasionally pop up and roll away in time. If you get caught by the triple flip, it's autokill though. I think above all I need more patience.

Its also for 360/PS3, and I'm pretty sure the primary work started with them; they aren't going to be cut-down ports of Xbone/PS4 versions.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/screen-gems-to-distribute-sam-raimi-produced-the-last-of-us-movie

Last of Us movie to be produced by Sam Raimi and the creative director on the game.

Having no way to play the game, I'm pretty excited for this.

Even though I've never played the game, I've got a gut feeling that this is a terrible idea. Movie adaptations of video games rarely work out well, especially if the game is praised as a story-telling masterpiece. You can't fit a game with a story of 15+ hours into a 2, 3 hours tops, movie.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/screen-gems-to-distribute-sam-raimi-produced-the-last-of-us-movie

Last of Us movie to be produced by Sam Raimi and the creative director on the game.

I suppose having the creative director for the game write the screenplay is a good sign (unless that always happens, I don't know), but those Resident Evil movies were awful.

I'm never hopeful for VG adaptations, but if there's a right way of doing it it's to at least use the writers behind the game to advise on the screenplay. So we'll see I guess. I think the better idea for someone such as you is to find some skillfully edited together cutscene (plus a bit of gameplay as there are good conversations that happen in gameplay too) youtube video. The whole of Legacy of Kain (starting with the original blood omen) is available like this on youtube.

Anyway my PS4 investment fund is doing quite well. I invested in these shares http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/companyInfo.do?by=asxCode&asxCode=TFC (NZ $100 each from me and my 2 sons) when the share price was $0.81. With the plan to sell when InFamous 2 launches. Not bad timing aye? I'm just miffed I didn't invest when they were worth $0.40. Analyst projection is to get over $3.00 in the next 12 months, so it's not too late to invest even at this price.

I liked the Spider Man movies. :(

I'm not saying he's bad at what he does, it's just that what Sam Raimi does does not, to me, seem to mesh with the tone of The Last of Us.

Started playing as well! I wanted a bit of refresher, and initially I'd planned to actually beat the damn thing before Ds2 comes out, but that's looking less and less likely.

I watched a bit of a stream earlier by someone that got it early. Shit looks AMAZING. I only watched a tiny bit, but I saw some really, really interesting shit. I'm so goddamn psyched for this game.

Archived