Do you think Renly and the Tyrells would had killed Stannis some time after he bent the knee?

Imagine Stannis has no shadow baby so he just quits. He either doesnt fight the battle or even sets sails to SE. Renly definitly needs Stannis royal fleet so unlist for a while he lets him hold the admiral title.

What would had happened after the war? Would Stannis had been safe holding his iland or Storms End? Or eventually they would write him off as a danger to Renlys position?

Although I don't think Renly needed Stannis in any capacity to win the throne assuming Stannis is pragmatic and bends the knee due to a mentality of can't beat them, join them. He may be happy with Storms End, which is what I think he really wants anyway. So Renly wins and Stannis becomes Lord of Storms End, now Renly will be O'k with that, he gets to be king and lord it over his older brother however the Tyrell's won't be and I think they'll rid themselves of him before long. The threat of any future children of Stannis wouldn't be something Mace would like hanging over his future grandchildren (especially as they'd be half Florent) so if Stannis is placed on Renly's small council he'll be Joffrey'd before long.

I think its possible that some of Renly's advisors would want to remove him out of the game, since he would always be a potential threat just sitting at SE or whatever. Renly himself would probably also have realised this, at least if there was turmoil in the realm. He would want to keep his back clear, I am sure.

Stannis does his duty, he would have secured the King's Throne by removing that pesky Stannis guy.

:lmao: That would be one awesome fight.

I agree that Stannis would probably have been fine. Once he swore fealty to his brother he wouldn't go back on it. And while Renly might not have needed him to win the war (debatable, remember Stannis nearly took KL by ship), he definitely would have needed his big brother to deal with the Ironborn issues that came up.

For Renly it actually makes sense to keep Stannis, or at least Shireen, around to secure the succession. We all know Margaery was not in danger of producing an heir.

Stannis does his duty, he would have secured the King's Throne by removing that pesky Stannis guy.

Haha.

My money is on an "accident" befalling him. Even Aemon, a sworn Maester had to double up on vows not allowing him to be King by going to join the Nights Watch, lest he complicates things.

Renly isn't going to kill his brother after he bends the knee, there is no need, nor no reason for it.

The Tyrells though... Stannis and any possible offspring (dont laugh) are complications they or their descendants dont need. What if he has a son who is more popular than Renlys son (dont laugh)? And since Renly has already set a precedent ...

The Tyrells though... Stannis and any possible offspring (dont laugh) are complications they or their descendants dont need. What if he has a son who is more popular than Renlys son (dont laugh)? And since Renly has already set a precedent ...

As you said (don't laugh), such a situation is highly unlikely, killing Stannis complicates things more than any potential sons of his would. Besides, the Tyrells pretty much dictate who is King, they don't really have to fear anyone.

The Tyrells might act on their own, especially if Stannis was making waves about them dominating Renly similar to how the Lannisters dominated Robert.

I don't know about you, but I don't think Renly was or would have been "dominated" by the Tyrells. The Tyrells liked him and he liked them, they worked together as a team where no one is overpowering the other. To compare the Renly-Tyrell alliance to the Bobby-Lannister one is unfair if you ask me.

So, they should off Garlan and Loras for the same reasons?

No, because laws of inheretence apply to House Tyrell, it would seem. What do you think this is, the Iron Throne?

As you said (don't laugh), such a situation is highly unlikely, killing Stannis complicates things more than any potential sons of his would. Besides, the Tyrells pretty much dictate who is King, they don't really have to fear anyone.

I don't know about you, but I don't think Renly was or would have been "dominated" by the Tyrells. The Tyrells liked him and he liked them, they worked together as a team where no one is overpowering the other. To compare the Renly-Tyrell alliance to the Bobby-Lannister one is unfair if you ask me.

Well each to their own but I don't trust those Tyrells further than I could throw them regardless of situation. Of course the situation wouldn't have been as bad as with Robert and the Lannisters.

Yes, definitely. Shireen as well, though she may be sent to the Silent Sisters instead. The claim of Stannis' line is so much stronger than Renly's line would be, every little mishap or unloved king of Renly's line could cause a successful uprising behind someone of Stannis' line.

To secure their long-term security, Renly's family would have to extinguish that line.

Archived