So, who's definitely gonna die in The Winds of Winter?

LooseyRoosey

100% certain they die:

Jojen Reed

Jon Connington

Edmure Tully

Tommen Waters

Victarion Greyjoy

Euron Greyjoy

Areo Hotah

Aeron Greyjoy

Ramsey Bolton

Roose Bolton

Hosteen and Aenys Frey

Doran Martell

At least 2 Sand Snakes

50% sure they die:

Barristan Selmy

Davos Seaworth

Petyr Baelish

Stannis Baratheon

Cersei Lannister

Illyrio Mopatis

100% certain they die:

Jojen Reed

Jon Connington

Edmure Tully

Tommen Waters

Victarion Greyjoy

Euron Greyjoy

Areo Hotah

Aeron Greyjoy

Ramsey Bolton

Roose Bolton

Hosteen and Aenys Frey

Doran Martell

At least 2 Sand Snakes

50% sure they die:

Barristan Selmy

Davos Seaworth

Petyr Baelish

Stannis Baratheon

Cersei Lannister

Illyrio Mopatis

Add little finger and varys and remove davos and edmure and we got a deal

Add little finger and varys and remove davos and edmure and we got a deal

To be honest, I'm of the opinion that LF will die in the next book since we're reaching the climax of the confrontation between him and Sansa. Plus, since Varys is the more established player who's just now playing his endgame card, he'll be around until Dany gets to Westeros for her showdown with Faegon.

Edmure dying in the next book is, to me, rather obvious. He's the Tully to worry about more than the Blackfish with regards to being a rallying cry/flashpoint against the current Lannister regime since he's the rightful Lord Paramount of the Riverlands. His death, along with that of his unborn child, would give Sansa the best claim on the Riverlands since Rickon's getting the North.

Davos is perhaps the one character I don't want to see die, but I believe that once Stannis goes so does Davos.

Figure there are 3 sides to this battle: Those who side with the "winners" who side with the "losers" and those who try to avoid the conflict. There should be a small group of survivors from the losers,(to fuel the revenge) a small group from the avoidance group (to tell the story without bias) the winning group will have the most survivors, with the exception to their leader, who will self-sacrifice for the greater good.

Early:

Victorian. The Red Priest outright stated he will get what he deserves.

Marsh & Co. They managed to piss off 3 violent factions at once.

Mid/Late:

Stannis. Will go out in a blaze of glory. I feel his belief in his AA status will be his downfall.

Tommen &/or Marcela. That prophecy has to keep a ticking.

Roose then Ramsey. Again, pissing evryone off is a bad idea.

Cersei (late Winds or early Summer)

Figure there are 3 sides to this battle: Those who side with the "winners" who side with the "losers" and those who try to avoid the conflict. There should be a small group of survivors from the losers,(to fuel the revenge) a small group from the avoidance group (to tell the story without bias) the winning group will have the most survivors, with the exception to their leader, who will self-sacrifice for the greater good.

Oh, you mean Walder Frey?

I have this idea that Dany and the dragons are going to go Harrenhal on his weasely butt.

• 2 weeks later...

Definately?

Raff

Some Karstark men

One of Lord Peasbury's men

Gorzhak zo Eraz

A Yunkai Messenger

Things also look bad for Theon, Arnolf Karstark, Jon Connington (greyscale) and anyone getting close to dancing dragons

For some strange reason, I'm almost certain that Raff the Sweetling will meet his demise. Totally out of left field, but he has avoided justice for so long now that I think his time will come.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd.

Other than that, the Kingsguard members seem to grow increasingly incompetent, and so many people are marching on King's Landing now. This time, there is no Tyrion present to hatch a defence plan, so it's practically given that the attackers will take the city. This will necessarily impact the lives of a few of its defenders, not to mention its royalty.

Up in the far North, some people are likely to die too. Too much going on there, and whichever way the coup goes, some will die in the fighting or be executed afterwards.

Also, people, plain lists are incredibly boring to read. Add some explanation, please, it makes your post a lot more enjoyable.

Surprised of some peoples lists, some people making as if 15 characters are just suddenly going to die, not going to have much characters left in DOS. So dont think it will be such a bloodbath as some people think

POVs

Vic or Barristan (one or the other will perish)

Aeron (Him overthrowing Euron will fail, however perhaps with his help and Asha puts Theon on Seastone Chair, so may survive)

Jamie or Brienne (one will sacrifice themselves for the other, hopefully Brienne she is just so boring)

JonCon (even though he is our view of fAegon, believe he will die. Arianne will become our POV of fAegon)

Cersei (but only late WOW or DOS, think she will be the witness to the complete destruction of her house)

Non POVs survive

Stannis (will not die, surprised about this, people have been saying this for ages, believe he will at least make it to DOS)

Doran (unless Doran decides to leave Dorne which I doubt, he will survive. However recon we will lose 1 or 2 Sand Snakes)

Roose (will somehow manage to survive)

Myrcella (will most likely survive, either she marries fAegon, or Arianne does. However this is even I doubt as that would make Dorne kinda losing out since Trystane could rule with Myrcella)

Euron (is not done just yet, he will create chaos in Westeros one way or the other)

Obviously other will survive to

Most Likely non-POVs to die

Ramsay (he is going to die)

Tommen (he will die in the middle/to end of WOW)

Marg (will die, she may survive her trial but feel she will die towards the end

Sand Snakes (possibly Nymeria or Obara)

Many people here list most characters still alive at the end of book 5 to die in the last two books. Thats very unlikely imho. There have to be some survivors and by that I don't mean Dolorous Edd or Hodor or Dickon Manwoody. There have to be some of the major POVs to survive the whole thing, otherwise it would be pointless. Just to kill everyone off for the sake of its own is not the way fantasy books are written.

I count in Tyrion, Dany and Jon Snow (in one way or another) to be survivors. Also most likely Jorah and Jaime (both join the NW) plus Brienne, Sam, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon.

On the other hand, Stannis, Loras, Cersei, JonCon, Aegon, Euron,Theon, Ramsay, Sweetrobin, Varys and LF are all goners.

Also there will be some people to show up again eventually: My bets are on Gerion and Benjen!

Archived