TyrionsFlagon

World of Ice and Fire App Update

430 posts in this topic

The "Kingdom of the Ifequevron" entry links to "Krazaaj Zasja" instead of "Krazaaj Zasqa".

The "Central Essos" map does not have a pin for Qarth.

The Lysa Tully entry states that Lysa was prone to visit Riverrun when she was pregnant. However, according to Catelyn I, A Storm of Swords:

Lysa had miscarried five times, twice in the Eyrie, thrice at King’s Landing... but never at Riverrun, where Lord Hoster would have been at hand to comfort her.

This sounds somewhat contradictory.

14 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

The Lysa Tully entry states that Lysa was prone to visit Riverrun when she was pregnant. However, according to Catelyn I, A Storm of Swords:

Lysa had miscarried five times, twice in the Eyrie, thrice at King’s Landing... but never at Riverrun, where Lord Hoster would have been at hand to comfort her.

This sounds somewhat contradictory.

I guess this was supposed to mean 'the Eyrie' to explain why it was that Lysa actually had miscarriages there. The impression you get from reading the books is that both Jon and Lysa effectively spent most of their time at KL from the day Jon became Hand.

33 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

I guess this was supposed to mean 'the Eyrie' to explain why it was that Lysa actually had miscarriages there. The impression you get from reading the books is that both Jon and Lysa effectively spent most of their time at KL from the day Jon became Hand.

I had taken the Catelyn quote to mean that Lysa had lived the first short period of her marriage at the Eyrie, until things were settled enough for her to move to KL with Jon. Why would she travel to the Eyrie when she is pregnant, a place where she knows no one, while her husband remains in KL as Hand of the King?

On 6/14/2016 at 10:17 AM, Nittanian said:

These are some discrepancies from earlier in the thread which are in version 2.2.1 (iOS).

Additionally, the "Carellen Smallwood" entry says her mother is "Ravella Caron", but Lady Smallwood is from House Swann.

The entry for Bethany Ryswell (Bethany Bolton) lists Barrowton as her origin and place of birth, but shouldn't that be the Rills?

The entry for the Crag says "Sybelle Spicer, daughter of a spice merchant and his foreign wife". This should be Sybell Spicer (in contrast to Sybelle Glover), and she is the granddaughter of the spice merchant.

The entry for Alannys Harlaw states, "Following Balon Greyjoy's death, she retires to Ten Towers, her brother Rodrik's house."

Alannys is already living at Ten Towers before Balon attacks the north in ACOK.

"Will I find my sister and my lady mother at Pyke?"

"You will not. Your mother dwells on Harlaw, with her own sister. It is less raw there, and her cough troubles her. Your sister has taken Black Wind to Great Wyk, with messages from your lord father. She will return e'er long, you may be sure."

The entry for Shella Whent states "She surrenders the castle to Lord Tywin Lannister following the battle on the Green Fork and news of Ser Jaime's capture and the breaking of the siege at Riverrun." 

Shella yields Harrenhal before the Whispering Wood and the Green Fork. 

"Your brother has been covering himself with glory," his father said. "He smashed the Lords Vance and Piper at the Golden Tooth, and met the massed power of the Tullys under the walls of Riverrun. The lords of the Trident have been put to rout. Ser Edmure Tully was taken captive, with many of his knights and bannermen. Lord Blackwood led a few survivors back to Riverrun, where Jaime has them under siege. The rest fled to their own strongholds."

"Your father and I have been marching on each in turn," Ser Kevan said. "With Lord Blackwood gone, Raventree fell at once, and Lady Whent yielded Harrenhal for want of men to defend it. Ser Gregor burnt out the Pipers and the Brackens …" (AGOT Tyrion VII)

The entry of R'hllor states that Thoros of Myr was dispatched to the Seven Kingdoms "in an attempt to win the conversion of King Robert", but ASOS states that he was sent to attempt to convert Aerys II.