Thoughts on Sansa's Future...

Winnief

Actually that one time with Margery may be a foreshadow, Sansa was hawking with a Peregrine Falcon; English and scientific names of this species mean "wandering falcon".

Margaery was the one who used the Peregrine, Sansa had a Merlin. It's still a falcon, but I'm not sure if the actual birds used mean anything versus the prey caught (Margaery's heron in full flight compared to Sansa's three ducks).

Anyway I'm not sure if Sansa will ever become a skinchanger, regardless of the fact that she has the ability to. It took Bran three times to successfully skinchange into a bird, and that was with plenty of experience and intent. Sansa on the other hand has neither. And she definitely did not warg into Sandor during Blackwater (or Sweetrobin or the dog at the Fingers for that matter).

Margaery was the one who used the Peregrine, Sansa had a Merlin. It's still a falcon, but I'm not sure if the actual birds used mean anything versus the prey caught (Margaery's heron in full flight compared to Sansa's three ducks).

Anyway I'm not sure if Sansa will ever become a skinchanger, regardless of the fact that she has the ability to. It took Bran three times to successfully skinchange into a bird, and that was with plenty of experience and intent. Sansa on the other hand has neither. And she definitely did not warg into Sandor during Blackwater (or Sweetrobin or the dog at the Fingers for that matter).

However there are unusual amount of bird imagery in her pov chapters GRRM obviously did this for a reason. In fact I would say that the bird imagery in her pov chapters is a parallel to the cat imagery in Arya's pov chapters and she warged into a cat. So I would say it is highly likely she will warg into a bird eventually. She bonded with that blind dog at The Fingers pretty easily and the dog got in tune with her emotions even though they only knew each other for a week. Plus before Marillion showed any sign of threat towards Sansa the dog was growling at him. So I would say that Sansa will most likely first warg a dog (there are also dog imagery in her chapters) and eventually a bird.

Ultimately, I believe she will unlock her warging abilities, warg a bird and never return to her body.

She never trained it with Lady. So it is possible that she is going to lose herself.

My bad then.

Went back to my notes yup Merlin

Merlins are small, fierce falcons that use surprise attacks to bring down small prey. (LF?)

Well I think there are several reasons people aren't shipping Sansa/Harry....

1. For Harry Harddyng to become Harry Arryn, SR has to die, and generally we don't like child deaths especially child murders by poisoning which seems to be LF's scheme. Also a lot of readers feel that the fact that everyone keeps assuming SR will die young is actually proof that he'll defy expectations and live. Or GRRM could just be messing with us again.

2. Since HtH was proposed by LF, people are automatically suspicious because nobody wants LF's schemes to work...assuming Harry even *is* LF's endgame...

SR's poisoning looks like it will be Sansa's fault for overdosing him on sweetsleep against Maester Colemon's wishes. Colemon didnt want to give SR a cup of 'sweetmilk' the night before they descended from the Eyrie. Sansa overrules him and orders two cups - one for the descent and another to come before the feast that will open her POV in TWOW. The 'giant' doll prophecy, widely interpreted to portend LF's downfall (a giants head being the Baelish house sigil), involved Sansa accidentally ripping off the doll's head ("It was my fault.” Sansa showed them the doll’s head. “I ripped his doll in two. I never meant to, but...” ) - a doll SR pretends is a giant.

Accidentally poisoning SR would effectively behead LF as Lord Protector of the Vale. Harry would become Lord Arryn, emancipated from his guardian Lady Waynwood. LF's sizeable dowry to marry his bastard daughter wouldnt be nearly so enticing to the new Lord Arryn as it was to the cash-strapped Lady W. Not to mention the various other difficulties Sansa would face were Colemon to blame her for SR's overdose. There is also the possibility that Sansa will unwittingly reveal her identity in 'tonights' pillow talk with Myranda Royce, who is thought to quite astute. Sansa already slipped in this respect by knowing the new Black Watch commander's name was Jon Snow.

The stress fractures are already evident in LF's grand scheme. The outcome of SR's death could be that the newly revealed Sansa Stark is LF's chief asset when circumstances force them to leave the Vale.

My bad then.

Went back to my notes yup Merlin

Merlins are small, fierce falcons that use surprise attacks to bring down small prey. (LF?)

If you must know Merlins do eat mockingbirds :smoking:

Any bird of prey such as an owl or hawk would eat a mockingbird. Falcons also would, especially a Merlin or kestrel.

I think that after everything that has happened to Sansa, I can't see how she would ever agree to an arranged marriage. We've been waiting for Sansa's story arc to finally stop being so tragic and there are only two books left. It seems unlikely that there is enough time for her to have her marriage to Tyrion annulled and another marriage arranged in a short time. Especially since we're talking about the High Sparrow here.

The time is right for Sansa to finally start making her own choices for her own reasons. And I don't see why this choice has to involve a husband but I do see it involving her making efforts to finally give up on her southern childish dreams and head back to Winterfell. The entire snow castle chapter foreshadows her return to Winterfell.

GRRM has planned to release the She-Wolves story for the past few years, it may possibly set a precedent for a female ruler in the case of no male Starks being alive.

Sansa Stark, Queen of the North anyone?

I think that after everything that has happened to Sansa, I can't see how she would ever agree to an arranged marriage. We've been waiting for Sansa's story arc to finally stop being so tragic and there are only two books left. It seems unlikely that there is enough time for her to have her marriage to Tyrion annulled and another marriage arranged in a short time. Especially since we're talking about the High Sparrow here.

The time is right for Sansa to finally start making her own choices for her own reasons. And I don't see why this choice has to involve a husband but I do see it involving her making efforts to finally give up on her southern childish dreams and head back to Winterfell. The entire snow castle chapter foreshadows her return to Winterfell.

GRRM has planned to release the She-Wolves story for the past few years, it may possibly set a precedent for a female ruler in the case of no male Starks being alive.

Sansa Stark, Queen of the North anyone?

I am totally on the Queen in the North endgame board. Sansa does seem unusual similar to Elizabeth I. Who knows.

SR's poisoning looks like it will be Sansa's fault for overdosing him on sweetsleep against Maester Colemon's wishes. Colemon didnt want to give SR a cup of 'sweetmilk' the night before they descended from the Eyrie. Sansa overrules him and orders two cups - one for the descent and another to come before the feast that will open her POV in TWOW. The 'giant' doll prophecy, widely interpreted to portend LF's downfall (a giants head being the Baelish house sigil), involved Sansa accidentally ripping off the doll's head ("It was my fault.” Sansa showed them the doll’s head. “I ripped his doll in two. I never meant to, but...” ) - a doll SR pretends is a giant.

Accidentally poisoning SR would effectively behead LF as Lord Protector of the Vale. Harry would become Lord Arryn, emancipated from his guardian Lady Waynwood. LF's sizeable dowry to marry his bastard daughter wouldnt be nearly so enticing to the new Lord Arryn as it was to the cash-strapped Lady W. Not to mention the various other difficulties Sansa would face were Colemon to blame her for SR's overdose. There is also the possibility that Sansa will unwittingly reveal her identity in 'tonights' pillow talk with Myranda Royce, who is thought to quite astute. Sansa already slipped in this respect by knowing the new Black Watch commander's name was Jon Snow.

The stress fractures are already evident in LF's grand scheme. The outcome of SR's death could be that the newly revealed Sansa Stark is LF's chief asset when circumstances force them to leave the Vale.

I worry for SR's safety, but my fear isn't that Sansa will accidentally give him too much sweetmilk, but that LF will intentionally give him too much; or find another way to get rid of the boy. But I'm hoping SR actually defies everybody's expectations and survives-at least long enough to sire an heir of his own.

They both might have reason to leave the Vale, but I doubt they'll be leaving together. One way or another Sansa will be heading North, and she ain't gonna be bringing Littlefinger along with her for that.

And regardless, of whether Harry the Heir would be willing to marry a bastard with a huge dowry, or the missing Stark heiress, I agree with the theorizers that Sansa has had enough of arranged marriages.

I certainly see her returning to Winterfell, but not sure she will stay there in the end.

There are multiple references to wargs being able to skinchange into different animals: Varamyr with his six (and even people); Bran with Summer, Ravens, and Hodor; Arya with Nymeria and cats. I see Sansa being capable but it may take a trauma to unlock the ability. Bran didn't awaken to his abilities until he was unconscious after his "fall." Arya didn't get in touch with her abilities until after going through all kinds of hell. I don't remember what preceded Jon's first warging, but he's going through some serious trauma right now. Sansa's may still be yet to come.

Given Sansa's initial love for all things glorious and powerful, I'd like to see her settle down in a nice castle with a good man, far away from King's Landing. Lady Clegane would be my preference. She used to love good-looking knights and princes, but she's learning that looks count for very little. And she did decide to add a kiss to that memory.

I am totally on the Queen in the North endgame board. Sansa does seem unusual similar to Elizabeth I. Who knows.

Hah, of course Queen Sansa Stark supports my idea of a Queen Sansa Stark in the North!

Given Sansa's initial love for all things glorious and powerful, I'd like to see her settle down in a nice castle with a good man, far away from King's Landing. Lady Clegane would be my preference. She used to love good-looking knights and princes, but she's learning that looks count for very little. And she did decide to add a kiss to that memory.

I think Sandor is probably dead by now.

Sansa does seem unusual similar to Elizabeth I. Who knows.

Well they are both stunning redheads, not immune to vanity, with a love of music and the arts, who tragically lost a parent to being beheaded on a false charge, and had to deal with social climbing creepers during their early teens...as well as a lot of threats of violence. And both at times were categorized as bastards...

But still, I think the comparisons to Anne Neville for Sansa probably work better...Sansa's not as naturally ambitious as Elizabeth was.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Sansa is called a "little bird" and then she meets Ser Shadrich, who most likely is working for Varys. I think something will happen that will make Sansa switch sides to Team Aegon, as forshadowed by the tourney at Ashford.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Sansa is called a "little bird" and then she meets Ser Shadrich, who most likely is working for Varys. I think something will happen that will make Sansa switch sides to Team Aegon, as forshadowed by the tourney at Ashford.

Well, I could certainly see why Varys would want her for that purpose, but since I don't think that's what Sansa really wants and as I believe Aegon's doomed, I would hope that doesn't come to fruition.

Besides, whoever Varys may be hoping to marry Aegon too, I think Arianne is going to be the one to wed him...and probably ruin herself in the process.

Well, I could certainly see why Varys would want her for that purpose, but since I don't think that's what Sansa really wants and as I believe Aegon's doomed, I would hope that doesn't come to fruition.

Besides, whoever Varys may be hoping to marry Aegon too, I think Arianne is going to be the one to wed him...and probably ruin herself in the process.

I think so too, but I really hope not because it would be a bit too predictable, and if Martin wants me to have a modicum of interest in Aegon's plot teaming him up with the Martells is really not the way to go. I would root for that little brat so much if he gets the Starks or at least the Tyrells on his corner, but the Martells? No thanks

I think if the HS backs Aegon, then Tyrion will get a new HS after the High Sparrow dies, and have him annul his marriage to Sansa.

I think Sansa will kill LF when he tries to make a run for home base with her. I think she will also be later brought to KL for trial. I think it will be Lady Olenna who confesses to Joffrey's murder when Sansa is sentenced akin to Jean Valjean confessing when the apple thief was about to be sentenced.

I think she will be reunited with Sandor again, but it will be brief. I think he will die saving her, and she will give him a kiss and a song as he lays dying. A sad scene I know.

I agree with Mladen's theory that Sansa will be Lady of Harrenhal, or a new castle she builds on the lands of Harrenhal, but I think after being tried to be married off to different people as a chip, she may shun marriage. Although, that doesn't necessarily mean she won't find love. I think she may manage to have one bastard. The closest guess I can get for the father is Podrick Payne.

Archived