Thoughts on Sansa's Future...

Winnief

I worry for SR's safety, but my fear isn't that Sansa will accidentally give him too much sweetmilk, but that LF will intentionally give him too much; or find another way to get rid of the boy. But I'm hoping SR actually defies everybody's expectations and survives-at least long enough to sire an heir of his own.

They both might have reason to leave the Vale, but I doubt they'll be leaving together. One way or another Sansa will be heading North, and she ain't gonna be bringing Littlefinger along with her for that.

And regardless, of whether Harry the Heir would be willing to marry a bastard with a huge dowry, or the missing Stark heiress, I agree with the theorizers that Sansa has had enough of arranged marriages.

LF is the last person to want SR dead, at least until he finesses a Sansa-Harry union. Lord Harry Arryn would normally be disposed to consider Sansa Stark if it werent for the taint of regicide, probable 'lordicide', and her marriage (good thing Sansa hates riding). Winterfell has been ruined by war and there is Jon as Robb's named heir and/or two brothers that stand between her and becoming Queen of the North. Winter is going to make road travel in that direction dicey anyway. Sansa and LF will part ways but I get the sense that another near-rape may be the cause. Crossing paths with Sandor again looks a good possibilty, as does him rejecting her for the game-playing liar she's become. Hard to say where she'll end up, but her life wont be like a sweet song or golden story.

I think if the HS backs Aegon, then Tyrion will get a new HS after the High Sparrow dies, and have him annul his marriage to Sansa.

I think Sansa will kill LF when he tries to make a run for home base with her. I think she will also be later brought to KL for trial. I think it will be Lady Olenna who confesses to Joffrey's murder when Sansa is sentenced akin to Jean Valjean confessing when the apple thief was about to be sentenced.

I think she will be reunited with Sandor again, but it will be brief. I think he will die saving her, and she will give him a kiss and a song as he lays dying. A sad scene I know.

I agree with Mladen's theory that Sansa will be Lady of Harrenhal, or a new castle she builds on the lands of Harrenhal, but I think after being tried to be married off to different people as a chip, she may shun marriage. Although, that doesn't necessarily mean she won't find love. I think she may manage to have one bastard. The closest guess I can get for the father is Podrick Payne.

Well, I think you're giving Lady Olenna WAY too much credit, suggesting she would confess to save Sansa. What I figure happens, is that Sansa never goes back to KL, (and there might not BE a KL much longer,) but either her innocence is made public some other way, (evidence in LF's possession perhaps?) or it becomes irrelevant as the Lannister's fall from power whether she killed a proclaimed 'ursurper' or not. I mean if/when Tyrion gets back to KL with Dany in tow, no one's going to be charging him, so Sansa will be off the hook as well.

I like Sansa as Lady of Harrenhaal theory...and also the idea of her pulling a Mormont and passing off a bastard child, as the kid of wolves or birds or what have you. Anyone care to argue with the Lady of Harrenhaal about that? No?!? Didn't think so!

And HA! to the Podrick theory...maybe that's why they set him up on the show to be great in the sack.

I think so too, but I really hope not because it would be a bit too predictable, and if Martin wants me to have a modicum of interest in Aegon's plot teaming him up with the Martells is really not the way to go. I would root for that little brat so much if he gets the Starks or at least the Tyrells on his corner, but the Martells? No thanks

Well, Sansa or Margaery might be smarter choices for any number of reasons...but Arianne is very, VERY beguiling...and she wants to be Queen.

I think if the HS backs Aegon, then Tyrion will get a new HS after the High Sparrow dies, and have him annul his marriage to Sansa.

There is good evidence that the High Sparrow is Howland Reed. In addition to his physical description, which matches a crannogman, there are three other clues: 1) When Cersei arrives at Baelor's Sept as expected, the septons are scrubbing the floor. The floor is such a swamp of dirty grey water she cannot kneel. (The queen knew that she should kneel, but the floor was wet with soap and dirty water and she did not wish to ruin her gown.); 2) Cersei wonders about the HS: "Are you a priest or a greengrocer?" (greenseer); 3) The Knight of the Laughing Tree story parallels the Howland Reed as High Sparrow theory. In the KLT story, Lyanna Stark anonymously becomes something she's not, an armed knight whose symbol is religious (weirwood tree), to right an injustice done to Howland Reed. In the HR=HS theory, Howland Reed anonymously becomes something he's not (religious leader), whose symbol is the armed sparrow, to right an injustice done to Ned Stark.

Howland Reed as HS would certainly be willing to annul Sansa's marriage to Tyrion.

Nope, he's the limping gravedigger on the Lonely Isle (or is it someplace else? I'm on cold medicine and might have it mixed up). The Hound is dead, but Sandor lives.

Quiet Isle. Sandor lives but doubtful he's grown any fonder of liars. "Don’t lie,” he growled.“I hate liars. I hate gutless frauds even worse." Sansa has only gotten herself utterly enmeshed in LF's lies since she saw Sandor last.

Ultimately, I believe she will unlock her warging abilities, warg a bird and never return to her body.

Arya has an odd thought when learning of Sansa's marriage to Tyrion - "Could that be true? The Imp was a Lannister, and Sansa... I wish I could change into a wolf and grow wings and fly away." Since when do wolves fly? Haggon, in the prologue to ADWD, warns of the dangers in warging a bird:

“Some skins you never want to wear, boy. You won’t like what you’d become.” Birds were the worst, to hear him tell it. “Men were not meant to leave the earth. Spend too much time in the clouds and you never want to come back down again. I know skinchangers who’ve tried hawks, owls, ravens. Even in their own skins, they sit moony, staring up at the bloody blue.”

Surely the Northerners have their own religious rules about these things. I doubt they go running to the High Septon. If a greenseer declares it a fraud, who are the Septons to argue? It may stop Sansa marrying south but I can't see anything else being a problem.

Good point. After all in the North people reacted to fArya's marriage to Ramsay by trying to rescue "Ned's girl." The Mormont women claim their kids were sired by bears and nobody blinks an eye. I don't think they'd tie themselves up in knots, about Sansa's marital status-as long as someone said, "Well it was done in captivity and never consummated so it doesn't count," they'd accept that.

Hah, of course Queen Sansa Stark supports my idea of a Queen Sansa Stark in the North!

Unfortunately we are one of the few people who want her as queen in the north on this board and sometimes I doubt if it will happen, but at least she will be the one who will claim Winterfell and rebuild it even if she ends up stepping aside for Rickon (more likely) or Bran.

Unfortunately we are one of the few people who want her as queen in the north and sometimes I doubt if it will happen, but at least she will be the one who will claim Winterfell and rebuild it even if she ends up stepping aside for Rickon (more likely) or Bran.

It would be a very satisfying end to her story arc. Although the death of Lady doesn't bode well for her return. I can also picture her becoming queen in the Vale and then heading north in aDoS. We'll see.

Also I don't see Bran ever coming back on this side of the wall and who knows with Rickon. I can't help feeling like he will be more wolf than child (in personality) by the time we see him. I'm a little scared for Davos.

It would be a very satisfying end to her story arc. Although the death of Lady doesn't bode well for her return. I can also picture her becoming queen in the Vale and then heading north in aDoS. We'll see.

Also I don't see Bran ever coming back on this side of the wall and who knows with Rickon. I can't help feeling like he will be more wolf than child (in personality) by the time we see him. I'm a little scared for Davos.

If there is one thing I am very very confident in is Sansa being the one who will reconquest Winterfell and rebuild it. Because not only is she in the perfect place a Stark-Tully can be (the vale is a realm where both Starks and Tullys are well respected), but even though she isn't close to Winterfell she is the closest to the checkpoints especially that of Riverlands. Since both Edmure, Roslin and his heir are in captive she would, as the only known living Stark in the South, become the de facto head of the houses Tully and Stark and possibly get the Riverlands rise up for her and strengthen the chance of reclaiming Winterfell and bringing justice (Boltons and Littlefinger). Sansa is going North. I am perfectly sure about this, her narrative is heavily foreshadowing that, but staying there I am not so sure of. You have no idea how I much I want Sansa as Queen in the North. I have totally nothing against Rickon. I do wish the best for the kiddo, but honestly I do hesitate to give a wildcard (that is what he is) the same amount of importance as an Main POV character who has 24 chapters, had a tremendous amount of character development and whose narrative has been about politics and ruling. Sansa as Queen in the North would be far far more satisfying. And since GRRM wants to subvert medieval fantasy tropes Sansa as queen would make more sense. Could shut up those haters. That is for sure. :commie:

Margaery was the one who used the Peregrine, Sansa had a Merlin. It's still a falcon, but I'm not sure if the actual birds used mean anything versus the prey caught (Margaery's heron in full flight compared to Sansa's three ducks).

Says a bit about the two ladies as well. Margaery's was impressive with that big catch, but Sansa's probably provided more actual nourishment.

If there is one thing I am very very confident in is Sansa being the one who will reconquest Winterfell and rebuild it.

Why do you think this? Surely Rickon is better placed to go to Winterfell before Sansa even leaves the Vale. Also I'm sure Stannis will take Winterfell before either of them.

Why do you think this? Surely Rickon is better placed to go to Winterfell before Sansa even leaves the Vale. Also I'm sure Stannis will take Winterfell before either of them.

Yes Rickon is closer to Winterfell, but I have a feeling that Davos will have some trouble getting him out of Skagos and since they are closer to the Wall it is also possible they storyline will be about the white walkers. I haven't forgotten about Stannis, but what I am talking about is which Stark will be in Winterfell and rebuilt it and Sansa's narrative heavenly foreshadows that she will go North and rebuild Winterfell. Like I said I hesitate to compare a wild card and an pov character to each other.

Unfortunately we are one of the few people who want her as queen in the north on this board and sometimes I doubt if it will happen, but at least she will be the one who will claim Winterfell and rebuild it even if she ends up stepping aside for Rickon (more likely) or Bran.

I don't mind the idea of Sansa being a queen. I just think she'd be happier with a lower position in life. Being around LF so much she could easily get disgusted with the whole game of thrones and leave it to the liars.

I can't see Sansa been queen. Maybe at the end of the story she may rule Riverrun. To be honest she is one of the characters I just can't figure out how her story will end.

I don't mind the idea of Sansa being a queen. I just think she'd be happier with a lower position in life. Being around LF so much she could easily get disgusted with the whole game of thrones and leave it to the liars.

You are right about this. At this point of the series Sansa does not want to become a queen, however I can see Sansa doing it out of duty and responsibility. Her leaving is highly likely, but that won't happen until the end of ADOS. Simply because her narrative foreshadows that she will go to North first before that happens.

I can't see Sansa been queen. Maybe at the end of the story she may rule Riverrun. To be honest she is one of the characters I just can't figure out how her story will end.

I know what you mean. Her narrative could go anywhere. who knows. Though, I am sure that GRRM is setting her up to be in a position of ruling. I mean why else make her narrative strictly be about politics and ruling?

Whatever happens what I do want is for Sansa to help the North and/or Westeros get back up on it's feet. Simply because after the whole deal of the others and dragons the kingdom will need more people as Sansa to rebuild it. Idealistic, nurturing and compassionate people. Sansa is made to be queen. It would be such a waste if she didn't put everything that she learned not to work.

Right now you could characterize Sansa's 'plan' such as it is as, "hiding out from the Lannisters." But the thing is, I think the fortunes of the Lannisters are destined (and foreshadowed, though I hate using that word for something that hasn't happened yet) to collapse. With Tywin and Kevan both dead they are headless. Worse, Cersei is the apparent Lady of Casterly Rock and head of the House, and she's demonstrably nuts. She's going to drive them off a cliff for sure.

When and if Sansa gets word that the Lannisters are no longer a threat, I think she'll make a move that we otherwise wouldn't expect from her.

Right now you could characterize Sansa's 'plan' such as it is as, "hiding out from the Lannisters." But the thing is, I think the fortunes of the Lannisters are destined (and foreshadowed, though I hate using that word for something that hasn't happened yet) to collapse. With Tywin and Kevan both dead they are headless. Worse, Cersei is the apparent Lady of Casterly Rock and head of the House, and she's demonstrably nuts. She's going to drive them off a cliff for sure.

When and if Sansa gets word that the Lannisters are no longer a threat, I think she'll make a move that we otherwise wouldn't expect from her

Personally, I always thought that the impetus would be word from the North-either Robb's will gets leaked, Jon's heritage is revealed, or best yet, reports are out that Rickon lives and the North's in revolt for him against the Boltons. I think that last one would inspire her to go North to re-unite with her brothers and try to help them. She ain't that fond of the Eyrie anyway.

You are right about this. At this point of the series Sansa does not want to become a queen, however I can see Sansa doing it out of duty and responsibility. Her leaving is highly likely, but that won't happen until the end of ADOS. Simply because her narrative foreshadows that she will go to North first before that happens.

Sometimes, I think that the most persuasive argument for Sansa becoming Queen, is that she's the one serious candidate who *doesn't* want the job-and would fit GRRM's sense of irony.

In any event, he wouldn't be spending this much time on her character-and so much time involving her observing politics and ruling, if he wasn't setting her up for *something*. The question is what? As is pointed out, she's the one character who could go almost anywhere....a wild card as it were.

Please, please, please, please no Sansa warging. I honestly couldn't take the lameness of it all.

I know right

I'm a big Sansa fan and I see her character as someone who is supposed to use her wits and intelligence to survive. Sansa gaining supernatural aid totally deconstructs her whole character and removes the beauty of her character, I dont get why people want her to warg.

I know right

I'm a big Sansa fan and I see her character as someone who is supposed to use her wits and intelligence to survive. Sansa gaining supernatural aid totally deconstructs her whole character and removes the beauty of her character, I dont get why people want her to warg.

:agree:

Archived