"All I see is snow".... Melisandre

LEX_12345

What if our favourite red priest had her visions messed up....

what she sees when she's looking through her flames is snow...

Most likely because it's snowing badly and all the people that matters to her are covered in snow.

But what if that snow meant Snow?!

And... Does anyone think the red comet is showing up too frequently... Like it's going around the planet too frequently. As in might come crashing down one day to make the land of smoke and salt where Azor Ahai' is reborn?

What if our favourite red priest had her visions messed up....

what she sees when she's looking through her flames is snow...

Most likely because it's snowing badly and all the people that matters to her are covered in snow.

But what if that snow meant Snow?!

And... Does anyone think the red comet is showing up too frequently... Like it's going around the planet too frequently. As in might come crashing down one day to make the land of smoke and salt where Azor Ahai' is reborn?

Except it is capitalized. "All I see is Snow."

It's only shown up once, we saw it observed by several people at several locations, but none of those locations have seen it a second time.

• 1 month later...

Why is it not out of the question that she's seeing things wrong again? She thought Stannis was AA, and soon she will believe it's Jon, she could be wrong again. Moqorro's visions are much more accurate than Mel's, and he believes it's Dany, as does Benerro. I trust them more than Mel, who we know has already been wrong once.

However, Jon's dream with red sword on fire is interesting. It's definitely the biggest clue pointing to him. The fact that he's fighting his friends in the dream is interesting though, which I'm not really sure how to interpret.

To me it's Dany until proved otherwise. There's just too much evidence, born on DS amidst smoke and salt, woke stone dragons, which was followed by the red comet, also had a dream about fighting an army armored in ice, etc...

To me it's Dany until proved otherwise. There's just too much evidence, born on DS amidst smoke snd salt, woke stone dragons, also had a dream about fighting an army armored in ice, etc...

I agree with that, but subjectively I would be a bit disappointed, because soon she's everything under the sun.

However, Jon's dream with red sword on fire is interesting. It's definitely the biggest clue pointing to him. The fact that he's fighting his friends in the dream is interesting though, which I'm not really sure how to interpret.

His dead friends. All of the people he mentions by name are already dead at that point.

To me, it is just like someone said in the books: sorcery is a sword without a hilt. Same goes for prophecies. They can be useful as tools for foreshadowing, but in the context of the world itself, a prophecy is only as good as the person who interprets it. And Mel has a bad track record at that.

Did she not offer him lessons, or am I misremembering?

Anyway, even if she offers, it doesn't mean she knows much about it. She also said to him she knew who was going to stab him, and then he gets stabbed anyway, so it's not like she tried to be helpful or anything.

Best not to have anything to do with that one.

Anyway, even if she offers, it doesn't mean she knows much about it. She also said to him she knew who was going to stab him, and then he gets stabbed anyway, so it's not like she tried to be helpful or anything.

She's actually just a cock tease, physically, mentally and spiritually.

I agree with that, but subjectively I would be a bit disappointed, because soon she's everything under the sun.

I don't think so. Jon could still be TPtwP, and Bran will be hugely important as well imo. I'm not convinced AA and TPtwP are the same. I don't think Mel paid enough attention in Red Priest class. She probably zoned out after shadow baby making 101.

Actually, she tried to warn him several times that he was under threat, she even told him to keep Ghost nearby at all times. She is trying to be helpful and valuable to him.

I don't think so. Jon could still be TPtwP, and Bran will be hugely important as well imo. I'm not convinced AA and TPtwP are the same. I don't think Mel paid enough attention in Red Priest class. She probably zoned out after shadow baby making 101.

I am not a fan of having hundred compelling characters and in the end everything revolves only about like 2 or 3. Wouldn't fit with the world building in this case.

Archived