Davos and Rickon, potential next moves...

bpsae325

I am of the belief that despite meeting a few bumps along the road, or seas as it were, Davos will find Rickon, Shaggydog and Osha and bring them back to Winterfell. This is also making the assumption that Stannis wins the battle of WF. At this point, Stannis now has a son of Ned stark to unite the North, which is what he wanted Jon to be. So for the nonce he will have what he needs to unite the Northmen and continue his war for the IT. This is where I think the GNC will reveal itself, crown Rickon KITN, marshal their troops and exact bloody vengeance of the Frey's of the crossing. That is what I want to happen, but I am curious to see what other people think will happen or want to happen.

Rickon has become an incredibly important piece in the game, especially with Bran essentially having deserted his inheritance by becoming a tree (more or less). The revelation that Davos will be searching for him was easily the most thrilling part of Dance for me.

As for what I think will happen, I fear that this search may end up all being for nothing. I think Davos will find Rickon, but something will go wrong down the line. Possibly comparable to Arianne's attempt to crown Myrcella, a plot-line that falls short. However, I am not sure when it will fail. I am leaning towards it being after a return to Winterfell and revelation that he is alive, but as the situation by the time that happens are hard to foresee (for me) I struggle to make a proper guess.

I just have this bad feeling that one of the gutting twists left in the series is that Rickon gets so close to being something and it all goes wrong. Him saving the day and ruling the North rings the same way that Robb avenging his father or Ned being the main character did to me and we all know what GRRM did in response to that.

I'm picking up sarcasm, I went back 5 pages and didn't see any but I am certainly open to checking them out.[/quote

No sarcasm, simple truth. To the OP, Rickon will return to live in WF with Davos as his father figure, and he's gonna kick ass in the yard when Crowfood trains him at arms. He will also most likely marry Shireen.

The way I see it, Stannis and the Northmen will win the battle of WF, probably resulting in the death of Stannis himself. This will leave Shireen as the next in line and with the return of Davos with Rickon it will be highly plausible to marry the two and fufill the Stark/Baratheon union Ned/Bob always wanted :D

Don't hate, I'm just really for a Rickon/Shireen ship..

Davos will bring Rickon back by way of Karhold after his ship crashes on their coastline, since Alys Karstark and Sigorn are true Jon-loyalists and then bring him to WF with their men(read: Thenns). Upon arrival, Rickon is immediately betrothed to Shireen and granted WF and the Lord Paramountcy of the North. Jon will then show up and assume the role of Rickon's regent, thereby giving him all of the power a King has, since Rickon will just be happy to see another family member again, plus the Northmen and Stannis won't be able to come to agreement on who should serve in the role. Finally, after the reveal of Sansa and the entrance of the Vale in hostilities on the side of Stannis and the Starks, he and Shireen are sent to the Vale where he will be raised alongside Sweetrobin, who has been kept alive since he's more valuable to Sansa alive than dead.

Davos will bring Rickon back by way of Karhold after his ship crashes on their coastline, since Alys Karstark and Sigorn are true Jon-loyalists and then bring him to WF with their men(read: Thenns). Upon arrival, Rickon is immediately betrothed to Shireen and granted WF and the Lord Paramountcy of the North. Jon will then show up and assume the role of Rickon's regent, thereby giving him all of the power a King has, since Rickon will just be happy to see another family member again, plus the Northmen and Stannis won't be able to come to agreement on who should serve in the role. Finally, after the reveal of Sansa and the entrance of the Vale in hostilities on the side of Stannis and the Starks, he and Shireen are sent to the Vale where he will be raised alongside Sweetrobin, who has been kept alive since he's more valuable to Sansa alive than dead.

That is an interesting thought, just as in RR the North, Vale and Stormlands would be allied against the throne.

That is an interesting thought, just as in RR the North, Vale and Stormlands would be allied against the throne.

Plus the Riverlands, since the Tully bannermen will be more than happy to help Sansa, who'll probably be the Tully heir and married to Harry the Heir, tear the Freys a new one.

ETA: Plus, it all comes together as at least one, if not two, Targaryens are in the Southern half of Westeros.

Plus the Riverlands, since the Tully bannermen will be more than happy to help Sansa, who'll probably be the Tully heir and married to Harry the Heir, tear the Freys a new one.

I agree that the riverlords would join in but Sansa wouldn't be the heir, she would be behind Edmure, his child, then Rickon, assuming that Riverrun is the capitol, if we are assuming Harrenhal then her as LF's bastard might make her heir, but I think it is unlikely that the riverlords will follow LF

I agree that the riverlords would join in but Sansa wouldn't be the heir, she would be behind Edmure, his child, then Rickon, assuming that Riverrun is the capitol, if we are assuming Harrenhal then her as LF's bastard might make her heir, but I think it is unlikely that the riverlords will follow LF

I'm of the opinion that Edmure and his unborn child will more than likely end up dead, anyway. They're a threat to the Frey and Lannister hold on the Riverlands as a person to rally behind in the event of another rebellion. Rickon, as the Lord of WF, can't be the Lord of the Riverlands also, so it then falls to Sansa(as an aside, Bran's out since he's probably not coming back South anytime soon). The Riverlords would rise for Sansa and the Vale, especially if she has the Blackfish by her side. This hypothetical also assumes she disposes of LF by this time, as well.

I've always wondered if Skagos is protecting Rickon. Why would they relinquish Rickon to Davos? We know Davos is a good guy but Davos is on Team Stannis, not team stark or team "the north".

Why would they relinquish to heir of the Starks and Winterfell to someone that is currently preparing to lay siege to Winterfell?

As far as the Skagosi would know, Arya is married to lord Bolton and Stannis is preparing to move against them. Davos doesn't know that Arya isn't Arya so it's not as if he could enlighten them. Even if the Skagosi knew about Arya that would give them more reasons to keep Rickon safe instead of handing him over. I think they would if Stannis promised to make Rickon king of the north but knowing Stannis that would be highly unlikely. Even placing rickon as lord of winterfell would be risky.. it would me outsing the boltons and Rickon is just a child who would actively run Winterfell?

I've always wondered if Skagos is protecting Rickon. Why would they relinquish Rickon to Davos? We know Davos is a good guy but Davos is on Team Stannis, not team stark or team "the north".

Why would they relinquish to heir of the Starks and Winterfell to someone that is currently preparing to lay siege to Winterfell?

As far as the Skagosi would know, Arya is married to lord Bolton and Stannis is preparing to move against them. Davos doesn't know that Arya isn't Arya so it's not as if he could enlighten them. Even if the Skagosi knew about Arya that would give them more reasons to keep Rickon safe instead of handing him over. I think they would if Stannis promised to make Rickon king of the north but knowing Stannis that would be highly unlikely. Even placing rickon as lord of winterfell would be risky.. it would me outsing the boltons and Rickon is just a child who would actively run Winterfell?

Well, the aren't going to just hand him over to Davos or Stannis. They will accompany him, with an army behind his back. Then you have to take in to account the possibilities laid out in GNC, if some of it turns out to be true. Rickkon is going to have plenty of support behind him and will not be Stannis's puppet, in the end. I would be more worried about, some of the northern lords, trying to use Rickkon as a puppet for a power play; benefiting his/her own house.

Archived