Football LXVI - Mourinhos March Mind Games

Mark Antony

When you've only got one player in the side with vision (Eriksen), it's only a matter of time before the others realize that the only way they're ever going to get an assist is if they pass to the opposition striker.

"You can't legislate for the capitulation - you can't have that. Lack of characters, too many of them too nice to each other and you need to show a bit more guts and not want to be someone's mate all the time. They need to drag it out of each other.

"It hurts me and I won't forget about this when we hit the motorway, but some might.

"It's not a penalty and not a sending off but the game was finished after that. We've got the Europa League on Thursday and we owe the fans a performance. We let them down again on the big occasion. You won't finish in the top four if you don't beat top teams. You're miles away unless you beat the top teams.

"There have been too many blips. The club talks about fourth, wake up."

That's quite some speech from Sherwood.

Spurs were ok for 55 minutes but even before they conceded you could see why they've been blown away against City and Liverpool playing that high line. Chelsea are perhaps a bit less well set up to expose that but concede that many comedy goals and it doesn't make much difference.

Never seen a manager give the kind of post-match interview Sherwood just did.

Some of Neil Lennon's early career interviews were like that. He's learned better since.

Anywho, MLS is back! Hope Seattle slaughter Kansas.

That's quite some speech from Sherwood.

Kind of speech a manager only gives if he doesn't care whether he keeps his job IMO. He flat out took a pop at Daniel Levy at the end.

it seems i might have to eat crow for saying atletico madrid is not yet ready to play at barca and real's level.

we'll see how it goes by the end of the season, at both primera and champions' league fronts ;)

Seriously, it's like the Keystone Kops playing soccer.

Having spent most of this afternoon watching Fulham and Spurs 'defend', I have to say, that goal looked positively high-standard.

Seriously, Fulham's defence is just hysterical. It's not as bad as Derby's the year the 'Pride' literally fell off Pride Park, but it's not far off. They play like they're on a one-team mission to make sure the Premiership's gpg ratio is better than Germany's.

We turned the Seattle - KC game on in the 88th minute, so I guess we got the best of it.

Apparently tonight's NY - Vancouver game is on some obscure secondary network of one of the local sports networks, so we don't get to watch it.

I also just saw that MLS decided to follow the lead of (most of) the rest of the world and use away goals as a tie-breaker in the playoffs. A year too late for NY (and the only reason I'm aware it would have made a difference last year is that I happened to be at the home leg of the NY - Houston playoff), but I think it's good that they use the same model as CONCACAF and FIFA.

Supporter's Shield winner New York Red Bulls coming to town?

4-1 demolition. Pedro Morales is different fucking class. And he wasn't even our best player.

I am sooooo looking forward to this season.

Shame about DCU starting the season like that. Just saw the highlights and it was probably a fair result. Hopefully they pick it up a bit, sharpish.

City are playing Wigan today and Barcelona on wednesday. Thats a combo we've not done before...

Archived