Ice and Fire Tattoos

Kennedy the Keen

I am a tattoo artist and I love tattoos and have many as well. I was think about getting a tattoo involving the song of Ice and Fire series. Some cool ideas I had were;

-Roberts Warhammer & Helm

-a dragon and dragonrider

-a direwolf/stag/lion (possibly battling)

-Loras and Gregor Jousting (big back piece)

-Daemon jumping dragons to stab Aemond (big back piece)

-StormsEnd/DragonStone/Casterly Rock

-a Weirdwood w/ bloody eyes (some cool northern or Old gods quote)

-Mance and his Wildling commanders first meeting w/ Jon

-the Unsullied breaking a Dothraki hits at Qohor

-Moroqqo looking into his fire with Victarian behind him with a giant kraken in the background

-BloodRavens battle with Bittersteal

-Auther Dayne battling Ned and Howland at the ToJ

-Highgarden/Mereen/Braavos

-the beheading of Ned at Baelors Sept

-Davos sailing under StormsEnd

-Renly being killed by Shadowbaby

-the Hounds Helmet

Does anyone else have other ideas that would make cool tattoo?

I am serious about this tattoo so if you could maybe link some pictures too, that would be awesome! I have my entire upper back and left rib cage with no tattoos. A few smaller areas on the back of my left shoulder and back of my right tricep aren't tattooed either, yet. My right foot is also tattoo free.

Thanks KtK

a faceless man and the quote "Valar morghulis - Valar dohaeris" along with it

What would a faceless man look like?

But that would be cool with the quote in like an old school, scrolling script-like font, with fog around it blending into the Faceless man.

Maybe the half ebony half weirdwood chair... Does it have a face in it I forget?

I always wanted to tattoo House Stark's sigil in my wrist or below my neck

But now talking about you, haha. I think a weirwood tattoo in the back of your right triceps would be cool. Also, tattoing the Direwolf, Stag, Lion and Dragon in your upper back.

Yea any sigil would be cool depending on your favorite house. I seem to love the Wildlings and think Mance is probably one my favorite characters. What kind of sigil or symbol could I use for Mance or Wildlings or people/creatures beyond the wall?

Another cool idea would be The children of the forest praying at moat Cailin bringing down the hammer of waters.

Like a taegeuk?

Upon googling that appears to just be a blue and red circle... So no

More like have the black of a yinyang be flames, with a snowflake where the white dot would be. And the white would be an icey design with a flame where the black dot would be. Can also incorporate dragons/direwolves.

I like tattoos that seem like they could have been made in Westeros or Essos. I don't like tattoos that are logos from the show. It should look natural and not like product placement. I suppose wolves and dragons would be the most common symbols. People should think very carefully before getting one.

Upon googling that appears to just be a blue and red circle... So no

More like have the black of a yinyang be flames, with a snowflake where the white dot would be. And the white would be an icey design with a flame where the black dot would be. Can also incorporate dragons/direwolves.

shuh-POW! like this?

I like tattoos that seem like they could have been made in Westeros or Essos. I don't like tattoos that are logos from the show. It should look natural and not like product placement. I suppose wolves and dragons would be the most common symbols. People should think very carefully before getting one.

Should I get Jorahs warrior slave face tattoo? *Sarcasm*

I'm trying to think of other tattoos that characters of certain regions would have. We see Khal Drogo with some tattoos (or is it war paint) in the show, but other then that we mainly only hear of tattoos on slaves. I bet if we heard more about Yi Ti we would hear more about tattoo and the artistic side of it. Unfortunately, Essos is very mysterious to us.

It possible the Wildlings or the Iron born or the Dothraki had some primitive form of tattoo art as well. Yet they would be more symbols and patterns indicating either intelligence, strength or a balance of both depending on location. Yet those patterns can be interesting and artistic in themselves, I actually have a Polynesian tribal tattoo on my upper chest going to my shoulder and upper arm(and it one of my favorite because it contours with my body).

I see you point with product placement and I don't exactly want something like that, I want something more creative and artistic, like a scene or landscape, or like you said, a tattoo that could have been actually in the world of Ice and Fire itself. I wonder if they(the world book) will have any information on the tattooing history in Westeros/Essos?

What would a faceless man look like?

But that would be cool with the quote in like an old school, scrolling script-like font, with fog around it blending into the Faceless man.

Maybe the half ebony half weirdwood chair... Does it have a face in it I forget?

like my picture, you can always have the face half hidden or something, or do it like the "new jaqen"

another option could be to give them the black and white robes of the priests of the HoBaW :)

If I only knew how to link the pic of my tattoo I'll show mine. Which is actually a cover up tattoo. It's a tattoo of Ghost (shaded color not white as it would fade too easily) with blue winter roses above him, while Ghost is laying on a bunch of rose petals as if their falling off the roses.

I plan on getting the Sigil of House Stark eventually and near my Ghost/roses tattoo I want to get the quote "A Storm of rose petals blew across a blood-streaked sky as blue as the eyes of death"

Archived