Latest HBO Trailer

Westeros

^I doubt I could get him to do anything. Though it'd be cool if he was here. I asked him a question, wondering if Thor Bjornsson as Gregor Clegane will be dubbed so that the Mountain doesn't sound Icelandic. He hasn't answered yet. The only question of mine he ever answered was a couple of months ago when he confirmed to me that ep. nine wasn't called "Castle Black".

That is very interesting to me... of course D&D would probably get the final say and this season there should be another exchange / question about the whole situation.

Littlefinger says to Sansa in 3x01 that he saw her sister not long ago…I think that question has been laid to rest, not sure what Bryan was talking about.

Littlefinger says to Sansa in 3x01 that he saw her sister not long ago…I think that question has been laid to rest, not sure what Bryan was talking about.

I wouldn't say it was laid to rest - when that episode came out, there was lots of debate about whether Littlefinger knew he was telling the truth, or if it was dramatic irony. The question of whether or not he recognized Arya is still very much open.

And I kind of hope he didn't recognize her, because if he did - WTF was he thinking to never follow up on it?! Sure, not tell Tywin, but to just let it go?!

The previous season was shit, apart from the BwB fight scene and a few other momenets, so here's hoping for improvment. If the TV people could please avoid going OTT for cheap emotional pay offs (the RW baby killing ewwww) then maybe we'll be getting somewhere. TV shows like Breaking Bad and True Detective are great because they don't treat their viewers like adolescent, hormone filled teenagers with sub normal IQs. They have amazing source material to work with nonetheless they're busily fucking it up IMO.

I wouldn't say it was laid to rest - when that episode came out, there was lots of debate about whether Littlefinger knew he was telling the truth, or if it was dramatic irony. The question of whether or not he recognized Arya is still very much open.

And I kind of hope he didn't recognize her, because if he did - WTF was he thinking to never follow up on it?! Sure, not tell Tywin, but to just let it go?!

It's amazing how they've turned the most complex and dastardly character in the books into a boring cliche. Aiden Gillen is a very good actor so I'm not blaming him

I'm curious to know what was said. Tweeter deleted his original tweet.

Cogman on his rewatch said that he missed Alan Taylor being a director on the series because he was so great and jokingly cursed the Thor movies for taking him away.

Then a guy (who presumably had been bugging him for a while) commented that the directors they had now were terrible and that in her episode, Michelle McLaren had Gendry and Melisandre sailing past King's Landing on their way to Dragonstone (which strikes me as the strangest thing to complain about if you had a chance to interact with a show writer on social media but guess it was important to this guy). He finished off by saying they were ruining GRRM's masterpiece.

Cogman called the guy a stalker and said he had to respond to this tweet by saying that the scene in question was both conceived and written by GRRM himself and to do some research next time before complaining.

https://twitter.com/Kawasakibansai/status/445063684897779712

Another classic response from Cogman. I do hope that some of these people realize how silly they come off when they post stuff like this. You have a chance to interact with someone involved with the show and this is the best you can come up with. Even if you're just there to troll or insult, you end up looking like a juvenile moron and put in your place.

These are kind of hilarious. Though I do wish people could come up with better things to say/ask him, or at least more thought-out complaints. It just comes off as trolling, and the twitter fans are kind of wasting a great opportunity to get a good writer's perspective on choices they did(n't) like.

The thing is, despite the 140 character limitations, there is a way to engage in a discussion on Twitter that gets your point across (whether it's positive or critical). There's a bit of an art to it but you can do it.

Quick hint though, opening up your discourse with "You guys are ruining this character and are doing a shitty job" isn't very bright unless you just want to be an asshole.

I really think it's pretty difficult for anyone to criticise the show in 140 characters without coming across as rude. Not impossible but difficult, which is a shame when a lot of criticisms are perfectly valid. Of course that doesn't excuse the rudeness - if anything it's just a reason why any constructive criticism should be taken to the forums where they can be articulated properly, not to twitter.

It really seems though that Cogman needs to learn when tweets don't deserve a reply. From what I've seen most people who criticise D+D still like Cogman - I think he'd have a much better time of it if he just ignored the trolls and unnecessarily rude replies, as clever as his responses can be.

https://twitter.com/Kawasakibansai/status/445063684897779712

Another classic response from Cogman. I do hope that some of these people realize how silly they come off when they post stuff like this. You have a chance to interact with someone involved with the show and this is the best you can come up with. Even if you're just there to troll or insult, you end up looking like a juvenile moron and put in your place.

It's really sad to witness such morons' handiwork. People have an opportunity to ask one of the writers on GoT whatever they wish and so many have nothing to contribute but petty insults and questions akin to "what ship is stronger; Enterprise or Star Destroyer?"

I can only imagine how unpleasant it must be to work so hard on a project you love for years on end only to be continuously beset by juvenile trolls. :ack:

I really think it's pretty difficult for anyone to criticise the show in 140 characters without coming across as rude. Not impossible but difficult, which is a shame when a lot of criticisms are perfectly valid. Of course that doesn't excuse the rudeness - if anything it's just a reason why any constructive criticism should be taken to the forums where they can be articulated properly, not to twitter.

Yeah, I agree. I, for one, would love a detailed Cogman Q&A session here like the one WiC.net got (http://winteriscoming.net/2013/07/ask-a-got-writer-bryan-cogman-on-stannis-the-torturing-of-theon-and-more/)

Yeah, I agree. I, for one, would love a detailed Cogman Q&A session here like the one WiC.net got (http://winteriscoming.net/2013/07/ask-a-got-writer-bryan-cogman-on-stannis-the-torturing-of-theon-and-more/)

Note how all of those questions are phrased and how they're able to get Cogman to open up a little more (or as much as he's able to). I'm sure the people asking them had issues with aspects of the show but being generally curious about a scene or the way a character is written instead of coming out and saying "you guys screwed this up!!!" can elicit more of a response that gives you more insight into the reasoning (whether you agree with it or not).

Littlefinger was baiting Sansa to come with him in that scene, in which he also basically implies he's working with her mom (and that her mom and Arya are in the same place), none of which is true, so it's far from obvious that his reference to Arya being alive is a reference to seeing her at Harrenhal.

It really seems though that Cogman needs to learn when tweets don't deserve a reply. From what I've seen most people who criticise D+D still like Cogman - I think he'd have a much better time of it if he just ignored the trolls and unnecessarily rude replies, as clever as his responses can be.

Well first, I'm not sure if your sole purpose of sending a note on twitter to Brian Cogman is to criticize the show he helped to create is the best use of your time anyways. What's that going to accomplish?

If however, you want to get more insight from him on something that you don't understand or agree with, then you can make that clear without being rude.

For example, if you didn't like the Sansa kneeling scene as that individual made clear, maybe saying "Curious as to why Sansa kneels in that scene which is contrary to what she does in book. Did previous parts of her arc necessitate that?" is a better way to phrase it. 136 characters BTW.

Note how all of those questions are phrased and how they're able to get Cogman to open up a little more (or as much as he's able to). I'm sure the people asking them had issues with aspects of the show but being generally curious about a scene or the way a character is written instead of coming out and saying "you guys screwed this up!!!" can elicit more of a response that gives you more insight into the reasoning (whether you agree with it or not).

Exactly. Then again, you really shouldn't expect much more from sites like twitter or YouTube. I wish he'd transfer his attention here.

BTW, his answer to the Stannis question was interesting. People in the other thread claiming that the showrunners refuse to "open up" to book fans should read that interview – I'd love to see him tackle the issue of Tyrion's "whitewashing."

I didn't know where put this, but a new feature has been posted on version fios titled bastard. the 7 minute clip describes some of the shows most influential bastards. the most interesting part was the ramsay part were we get a lot of new footage. we see an extended portion of the scene from trailer 3 where roose arrives and ramsay meets him. ramsay welcomes his father home and roose introduces him to fat walda. ramsay gives roose a dirt look as he walks away. we also get footage of ramsay and roose meeting inside the dreadfort. ramsay is standing next to his reek who looks more despondent than ever. roose walks over to and gets up in his face. the scene cuts but we do get some of their conversation in later shots. roose says that he has placed far to much trust in ramsay. in a different shot ramsay says my banners have the flayed men on them, roose responds with your not a Bolton your a snow.

I didn't know where put this, but a new feature has been posted on version fios titled bastard. the 7 minute clip describes some of the shows most influential bastards. the most interesting part was the ramsay part were we get a lot of new footage. we see an extended portion of the scene from trailer 3 where roose arrives and ramsay meets him. ramsay welcomes his father home and roose introduces him to fat walda. ramsay gives roose a dirt look as he walks away. we also get footage of ramsay and roose meeting inside the dreadfort. ramsay is standing next to his reek who looks more despondent than ever. roose walks over to and gets up in his face. the scene cuts but we do get some of their conversation in later shots. roose says that he has placed far to much trust in ramsay. in a different shot ramsay says my banners have the flayed men on them, roose responds with your not a Bolton your a snow.

Link?

Archived