Latest HBO Trailer

Westeros

As much as I love Sansa and her arc, but I doubt that she will manipulate people other than her fake smile and metaphorical armor. And that should be that way. That is her, for now. And I think we should not believe everything an actor says about their show in interviews. That does not say I don't like the actors, gods forbid, only that when you get interviewed the same questions a thousand times, and most questions are not that bright, I would start inventing things.

Same here, I know people who watch the show and don't know the story already fangirling over Oberyn.

Those poor bastards.

Oh gosh yeah. That end will be a horrible shock. Poor, poor bastards.

I think this is an important concept that can't be stressed enough. I'm looking forward to this season, not only because of everything that's about to happen, but also because I think we're going to get major spoilers for what's going to happen in TWoW and ADoS. Depending on how they handle certain situations and how each character starts behaving, we'll know where the story is going.

For example, Sophie Turner keeps saying Sansa manipulates people this season. Ok...that could just be her sticking up for her character...but by the scenes in the trailers, she LOOKS decidedly more angry and perhaps there IS manipulation going on. All of that is important, because she's NOT the way in the books. As of her final chapter in AFFC, she's very much still 'meek' and innocent and not angry or manipulating anyone (unless you count Sweet Robin). If she indeed turns that way this season...then us Lemoncakes have reason to rejoice and feel vindicated that she will INDEED become a "player" in her own right, or at the very least, cease to be controlled by other "players".

I think this season will act as a foreshadowing for the rest of the series/books and I'm looking forward to that as much as anything else.

She is not meek in the books, she just has to act that way because she has no choice. She is essentially playing dumb and meek with LF and he thinks she is putty in his hands, but she actually doesn't trust him and is hiding her true feelings and thoughts. That's manipulation, but it is very subtle, and I don't know how much she is even aware of it, and it goes over some readers' heads. Generally, she's been using her courtesy shield and quasi-meekness to survive and keep her captors emotionally at arm's length, first in KL and then in the Eyrie.

Sophie has said that Sansa starts manipulating "people who have done her wrong in the past" (in one interview) and "the unmanipulatable" (in another interview). I would take a guess that the former refers to the Lannisters and the latter to LF.

For a moment I couldn't tell whose ship that was. Terrible colour scheme, Stannis.

Are they sailing under the Titan during that shot, by the way?

Looks like it. I think you can see the Titan's foot

She is not meek in the books, she just has to act that way because she has no choice. She is essentially playing dumb and meek with LF and he thinks she is putty in his hands, but she actually doesn't trust him and is hiding her true feelings and thoughts. That's manipulation, but it is very subtle, and I don't know how much she is even aware of it, and it goes over some readers' heads. Generally, she's been using her courtesy shield and quasi-meekness to survive and keep her captors emotionally at arm's length, first in KL and then in the Eyrie.

Exactly. It's a survival tactic, learned through bitter experience since coming to KL: she wears that polite, almost frozen mask no matter what happens and tries to give no hints of her true feelings. I think Sophie Turner has done an excellent job portraying Sansa as others in KL would see her - meek, obedient, polite and even stupid, very wary and unwilling to confide in people - though sometimes that very stiffness can get mistaken for a lack of acting ability.

I think the point is that Brienne's search, while in the book is more Sansa focused, will in the show be more Arya focused. This will make Gendry her traveling companion as I have speculated make more sense, also it will make her ending up with the BWB flow naturally.

Seeing as we know her traveling companion is Pod (they shot in Iceland together), and we have no information that Gendry is even in this season, I am not sure where you're getting this from.

I think the point is that Brienne's search, while in the book is more Sansa focused, will in the show be more Arya focused. This will make Gendry her traveling companion as I have speculated make more sense, also it will make her ending up with the BWB flow naturally.

There's not really any indication of this. The trailer is just cleverly edited to make it seem like Jaime is sending Brienne after Arya, when really his line about how she hasn't been seen since Ned's execution is more likely from an entirely different scene (as many have speculated, it could be the introduction of the fArya subplot). Also, as the poster above me said, Pod and Brienne have been confirmed to be traveling companions, as they were shooting in Iceland together.

Archived