GOODKIND VII, The sword of truthiness

what's the deal with Zedd and the "bags" stuff? is this just nonsense that he says or is there some kind of hidden meaning?

I take it to be testicles ... the equivalent of "balls" or "bollocks"

Ridiculous f**king tactics and possibly the most pro-terrorist speech/rationale aside...

I'm just freaking out that my scene from "A Clockwork Truth" might actually end up happening in these books.

A school-wide series of jaw kicks for small children across their country: "Yer daddy makes shoes for the Order!" *Kick* *Brain smash* *Ear slice* "The fact that you have not moved from this country makes you complicit!" *Punch to solar plexus* *Broom handle rape* *Testicle consume*

Unless Goodkind writes himself into the last book (a la Stephen King), and he ends up giving an apology speech for the stupid/reckless/reprehensible things he has espoused, and then mows down every character in the book with a Tommy gun and sets himself on fire (in the book), I think that there is absolutely no redeeming value to this body of works.

Do ya'll think that people who love SoT will keep following and agreeing with TG on things like this? Kind of a scary thought...

Someone mentioned earlier, (too lazy to look, sorry, all credit to that person) perhaps this is a prelude to Richard being turned into the anti-hero? I mean, seriously, this speech was too far over the line, there is no way someone who spouts that can possibly be held up as a hero-type. It just isn't possible. To allude to wrestling terminology, this has to be Richard's start towards a "heel" turn, where the fan favorite becomes the bad guy. It's the only explanation.

To be fair, the brief excerpts from Goebels and Hitler which have been quoted could easily be modified to fit some contemporary real world leaders. *cof*

The actual QotD looks like a caricature of a Bin Laden tape.

To be fair, the brief excerpts from Goebels and Hitler which have been quoted could easily be modified to fit some contemporary real world leaders. *cof*

The actual QotD looks like a caricature of a Bin Laden tape.

Well, for me, whenever Richard gives one of his rousing speeches I can't help but hear the masses in the background shouting "SIEG HEIL!!!! SIEG HEIL!!!"

One of the men toward the back cleared his throat, then spoke up. “Lord Rahl, innocent people down there are going to die. These aren’t soldiers we will be attacking. A lot of children are going to die in this kind of thing.â€

“Yes, that is unfortunately true, but don’t let your mind be clouded or your determination turned aside by such a spurious and irrelevant charge. The Order is responsible for conducting a war of aggression against innocent people who have done them no harm-including women and children. We seek only to end the aggression as swiftly as possible.

Damn. You just cant pardoy this shit. The original will alwys be worse then the parody.

Random Person: "But that would be unethical!"

Richard: "But the order is EVVVVIIILL!"

As if in a friggen pardoy! just that that is the original!

Wouldn't it be just a master stroke if Goodkind had been stringing along all these objectivist morons for all these years, only to take them to a place where their stupidity becomes manifest even to themselves? Wouldn't it be great if Goodkind had been punking his own fans all this time? I would instantly become one of his biggest fans if that turned out to be the case.

I'd like to request a QOTD. There is a scene near the end of chainfire where Nicci is interogating sister Tovi in a D'Haran army camp. As far as I remember it's basically a long justification of why torture is ok for the good guys and is evil when the IO does it.

Tovi's bulk lay on her back in the cot, laboring to breathe.

Nicci sat lightly on a field stool beside the woman. Tovi hardly noticed someone sitting down. Nicci laid a hand on Tovi's wrist and began to trickle in a thread of power to help the woman's suffering.

Tovi recognized such gifted help and immediately looked over. Her eyes went wide and her breathing quickened. She then gasped in pain and clutched at her abdomen. Nicci increased the flow of power until Tovi sagged back with a moan of relief.

(...snippety snip....)

Tovi nodded. "I'm afraid it's not good."

"I hope it hurts. I came to make sure you're a long time dying. I want you to suffer for what you did to me-leaving me in the clutches of Jagang while the rest of you escaped without bothering to even tell me how it could be done." (yeah, you bitch, you, by the way)

(...) A cunning grin came to her. (...) (so that we know the bitch deserves it)

Tovi seized a fistful of Nicci's dress. "Please, Sister, help me. It hurts so much."

"Talk, 'Sister.'"

(...she's talking...but not enough to nicci's taste ....god knows it takes forever though to read)

Nicci had no compunction about what she was doing. She knew that there was no moral equivalence between her inflicting torture and the Imperial Order doing what might on the surface seem like the same thing. But her purpose in using it was solely to save innocent lives. The Imperial Order used torture as a means of subjugation and conquest, as a tool to strike fear into their enemies. And, at times, as something they relished because it made them feel powerful to hold sway over not just agony but life itself. (OK, good explanation, I was nearly wondering. !.)

The Imperial Order used torture because they had no regard at all for human life. Nicci was using it because she did. While at one time she would have seen no difference, since coming to embrace life she saw all the difference in the world.

Nicci reversed the suffering she was trickling into the old woman and Tovi sank back in grateful, weeping relief.

Tovi was covered in a sheen of sweat. "Please, Sister, give me some comfort instead and I will tell you everything."

(...Tovi talking again, you bet...)

Tovi was already sinking into a stupor. Nicci increased the magic flowing into her, giving her some healing relief without curing her of her injury. Nicci didn't want to cure her, she needed the woman unable to help herself. Tovi looked the kindly grandmother, but she was a viper.

Nicci crossed one leg over the other. It was going to be a long night.

The next time Tovi came around, Nicci sat up straighter.

(...another long arsed talk...)

Tovi fell to coughing and Nicci had to do some swift work on the wound just to keep the woman alive. It was nearly two hours before she again had her conscious and calm.

"Sister Tovi," she said once the woman had opened her eyes and looked like she was seeing again. "I've had to repair some of your injury. Now, before I can repair the rest of your wound and fully heal you- so that you can have your reward of life-I need to know the rest of it.

(...yap yap yap...ad nauseam ad eternam)

Nicci staggered to her feet. She felt dizzy. She could hardly believe it. But she knew, now, that it was all true. Richard had been right all along. With almost nothing to go on, he had basically figured it all out. And all along no one in the world would listen to him... no one in a world that was unraveling around them in an uncontrolled Chainfire event. (just because you think they're out to get you doesn't mean they're not)

A scream that made the fine hairs on the back of Richard's neck stand on end split the quiet night. Richard, in a bedroll in a simple tent, shot to his feet as the scream ripped the air with its terror. The unending shriek ran a shiver up through his shoulders and instantly brought a sheen of sweat to his brow. (Now, before I can repair the rest of your wound ...............Oh, wait!)

I couldn't make it any shorter, really, sorry :)

After reading those quotes for today, I couldn't resist...too horrid...

So I copy/pasted them over at wotmania, then provided a link to the entire thread for those that want to register and read the madness glory that is G--dk-nd (BBHN). Shall be interesting to see what the reaction will be there - more actual fans of that crap over there than here :sick:

Holy shit! TG's (BBHN) completely lost it now. :o:o:o

That last quote just...I mean, the other stuff is funny, in a disturbing kinda way, but this is downright scary. :sick:

I just hope that some of his fans haven't been completely indoctrinated by now and see this for what it really is.

I really want to see MyStar explain this one. But I fear the usual "you just don't get it" will be forthcoming.

I think Mad Moose owes it to the world and possibly humanity to put up reviews of Chainfire on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk pointing out this turn of events in the face of all those, "PHANTOM R0XXX0R!" reviews.

I am actually in a state of disbelief that any sane author would have their hero do such a thing in a book. Utterly unbelievable. GK just crossed the line from being woefully inarticulate to just plain offensive.

The Mad Moose now seems to be referring to TG as BBNC - have I missed something? The only thing I can think of for it to stand for is Non-Chicken - surely not?

The Mad Moose now seems to be referring to TG as BBNC - have I missed something? The only thing I can think of for it to stand for is Non-Chicken - surely not?

Big Barbed Namble Cock

I doubt mystar will answer, consider that this weekend is Terrypalooza near Vegas. Yeah, pay $25 to get Goodkind to give a Rally Speech (salute?) and to sign your book (which you've bought already). Boy, I wish that Martin fella would charge for something like that! :rolleyes:

Big Barbed Namble Cock

Seriously? I had to ask, didn't I? :sick:

The Terrypalooza sounds pretty scary actually - a stadium full of jackbooted Rahlians (in yeards and black wizard outfits, natch) standing to attention while The Yeardi gives a rousing speech about moral clarity. Hope all his 50 million fans don't turn up... :lol:

Did you see the press release about Chainfire 'only' selling 250,000 copies worldwide in hardcover plus the first couple of months of paperback release? That's less then A Feast for Crows and substantially less than Knife of Dreams (both of which came out 3-4 months after Chainfire). Obviously its sales would increase once the translated editions come out (since Mystar's somewhat rocky case seems to depend on Goodkind being some kind of massive literary phenomenon in places like China and Japan), but it seems a bit weak for an author who allegedly shifts this number of books, but much more in keeping with the 10-11 million figure that is more commonly bandied around.

With the whole paid book-signing lecture format, I'm just picturing TG dressed up as Richard, giving the exact same speeches out of "Phantom". As noted by a Goodkind fan, this hunk of crap "...captures real world events and the climate of our world today in a fantasy setting." So one assumes the speeches would just have country/region name changes, and they would be applicable. I also kind of assume there is some sort of special Kool-Aid available, to drink.

After being subjected to these quotes, I imagined Yeardi hunched over and masturbating to images of Israel bombing Lebanese civilians.

Archived