GOODKIND VII, The sword of truthiness

Mad Moose, I'm surprised you didn't include the return of one of our most evil characters *ever* in your QOTD :rofl:

Hey, I'm not that far into the book, so give it time. I assume you're refering to Violet? If so, she hasn't shown up yet. But the chimes have made a small appearance, so there's hope for the return of the Chicken.

Hey, I'm not that far into the book, so give it time. I assume you're refering to Violet? If so, she hasn't shown up yet. But the chimes have made a small appearance, so there's hope for the return of the Chicken.

;) Yup its the little treasure.

Just read the latest QotD. Wow, that’s really bad. I’m referring to the preaching, not the descriptions. Besides the scale, I can’t figure out how Kahlan can feel moral outrage at this army after she order of the assassin to be tortured to death.

As much as the Imperial Order represents communism, at heart they are a religion. All that they do, all the suffering and murder and communism is in the greater service of the Creator. At some time I'll post some of the gibberish that explains how in this life you are only meant to serve the order for the greater good of disgusting and debased humans so you can gain an eternity in the Creators kingdom in the next life.

Unless if that religion an Islam-like one that worships Richard. Then it is okay, because it feels right to worship a person then some abstract ideal.

I think I’m going to have to put down Goodkindologist as my religion the next time I get asked.

I need to throw this in. The entirety of it would be way to long for a QotD, so I'll just give the gist of it. Shota shows up and has a long talk (as only TG could make something long) with Richard and for some reason she knows all sorts of secrets about Baraccus, a war wizard from thousands of years ago (the guy who used to wear Richard's black war wizard "outfit"). Shota knows that Baraccus had a secret library that nobody knew about, and in it is a book he wrote - apparently just for Richard - entitled - get this - Secrets of a War Wizard's Power. Terry just isn't even trying anymore.

Secrets Of a War Wizard's Power

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Prologue: That Chapter That Comes Before

i

Chapter 1:The First Chapter

Chapter 2: The Chapter What Comes After the First One (Chapter)

Chapter 3: The Power of Pounani

Chapter 4: The Power of Righteous Indignation

Chapter 5: The Power of Glass Houses

Chapter 6: The Outfit

Chapter 7: The Secret Part

Appendix: Penis-like Protrusion in the Bowels

I give up. I've tried editing it three times and it's still not working. Plus it'll still mess up for people with different zoom levels or resolutions. Hark, can you edit it in a slightly more user-friendly way? Cheers.

[left]Prologue: That Chapter That Comes Before[/left][right]i[/right]

[left]Chapter 1: The First Chapter[/left][right]1[/right]

[left]Chapter 2: The Chapter What Comes After the First One (Chapter)[/left][right]200[/right]

[left]Chapter 3: The Power of Pounani[/left][right]531[/right]

[left]Chapter 4: The Power of Righteous Indignation[/left][right]798[/right]

[left]Chapter 5: The Power of Glass Houses[/left][right]1017[/right]

[left]Chapter 6: The Outfit[/left][right]1018[/right]

[left]Chapter 7: The Secret Part[/left][right]1144[/right]

[left]Appendix: Penis-like Protrusion in the Bowels[/left][right]1145[/right]

I think this could solve the problem?

edit: does need the title and so added...

Shota knows that Baraccus had a secret library that nobody knew about, and in it is a book he wrote - apparently just for Richard - entitled - get this - Secrets of a War Wizard's Power. Terry just isn't even trying anymore.

Kinda self defeating isn't it? No on knows about it, but let me tell you where to find it.

Is it just me or does:

SPOILER: From QotD
"They seemed to have used the man for shooting practice indoors" Even if they shot through the broken window it seems weird. And indoors? Ever held a bow and arrow?"

seem a little strange?

Kinda self defeating isn't it? No on knows about it, but let me tell you where to find it.

Actually, Shota doesn't know where it is, just that it exists somewhere in the wizards keep. Too many people in this series just *know* something. The main characters have epiphanies every other chapter. As Richard does after Shota tells him about B.A. Baraccus. He suddenly understands a whole series of events that happened thousands of years ago, that felt wrong when he first learned about them, but doesn't mention them feeling wrong at the time. *Yawn*

Is it just me or does:

SPOILER: From QotD
"They seemed to have used the man for shooting practice indoors" Even if they shot through the broken window it seems weird. And indoors? Ever held a bow and arrow?"

seem a little strange?

No, and apparently, Mr. Goodkind hasn't, either.

Wait. Stop. Please say that you are kidding me with this name. Please.
The 'B.A.' part was a joke. The Barracus one was not.

Oh, and the Bakker parody is brilliant. :lol:

Okay, now who's in line to write the Yeardized version of the A-Team? I'm waiting ...although I think a Yeard version of "Run, Spot, Run!" might hold even more possibilities.

I think we need to work out a way to get Goodkind to run for Congress or President. Imagine the possibilities of quoting passages from his books for debate/attack ad fodder. Actually, that might be a scary thought on second thought...

Archived