Who would be the worst character to sit the Iron Throne realistically?

LdOfWfll

Stannis. And im not joking.

Someone that cuts the fingers of the man that saved his life (Davos) can't be a good person.

Someone that let others burn alive can't be a good person.

Someone that is the moral responsable by the death of a brother (Renly), can't be a good person.

Someone that considers to sacrify to the flames a child (Edric Storm) for the sake of his own ambition, can't be a good person.

Someone that let to be used murderous witchcraft, to advance his own interests, can't be a good person.

I agree...though why is Tarly in that list? Even Roose, he's a massive arse, but a quiet rule a quiet people seems like something the SK's need.

Well, he send his son away and even threatens his life IIRC(not even Tywin would do that to Tyrion), he tells brienne she needed a good raping or something, and is extremely ruthtless all around, he killed a lot of his wife's own kin(florent).

He seems to be a a soldier version of Tywin,

Wait, sorry if I am forgetting something obvious, but when the hell was Dany elected at all?

not counting Illyrio and Varys and Jorah..

1. Dothraki after birth of dragons.

2. Unsullied after she gave them freedom, they choose to serve her, accepted her as queen.

3. Daario Naharis choose her

4. Yunkai's slaves

(5. Dorne. at least Doran. Maybe not now, but I think he still would have her.)

Stannis. And im not joking.

Someone that cuts the fingers of the man that saved his life (Davos) can't be a good person.

Someone that let others burn alive can't be a good person.

Someone that is the moral responsable by the death of a brother (Renly), can't be a good person.

Someone that considers to sacrify to the flames a child (Edric Storm) for the sake of his own ambition, can't be a good person.

Someone that let to be used murderous witchcraft, to advance his own interests, can't be a good person.

Sure if you throw context right out the window.....

Wondering what other people think on this. In my opinion, Daenerys would be the worst. She just seems bent on her claim to the Throne, and I think she's going down the path to madness and death. Her's and her followers deaths.

I wouldn't like Tyrion sitting it either, it just doesn't suit him.

Patchface would be pretty bad

Jaqen definitely not good

Theon out of the question

Euron bad idea

the high septon worse

Mel not so good

strong belwas ugh

Sure if you throw context right out the window.....

Context or not, someone that do (or try to do) the things mentioned by me cannot be a good person. In fact, such person would be the classic example of the villain that thinks is the hero.

And i find Stannis quite interesting, but i also find quite interestin how Martin can put so manny of us suporting so many villainous characters (mainly Jaime, Tyrion and Stannis) just because they have one or two good characteristics, but in the end of the day are despicable has persons, and you don't want anyone of them near you or the ones you love, if these villains really existed.

not counting Illyrio and Varys and Jorah..

1. Dothraki after birth of dragons.

2. Unsullied after she gave them freedom, they choose to serve her, accepted her as queen.

3. Daario Naharis choose her

4. Yunkai's slaves

(5. Dorne. at least Doran. Maybe not now, but I think he still would have her.)

And when with any of this was there an election?

Sure some people chose her, but that is far from an election.

And when with any of this was there an election?

Sure some people chose her, but that is far from an election.

Fair point.

You can though say be free and go by your own business or go with Daenerys. They decided to go with her.

Now when Stannis and Euron and Daenerys stand there, all use magic, will they go with the guy who does glowstick dance or the guy who uses a horn to incinerate a guy and throws away a dragon egg (I do like Euron, really) or will they go with the godlike beauty who preaches of freedom and frees people just for fun and has three dragons, who bravely stepped into the fire?

yeees..its kinda over the top the dany love here.. And Euron is a good choice. He got people to choose him. The Iron Islands are intresting, though not really interested in ruling. they want to raid and rape and go back to their ships, not more. They are not made for the turf, they are for the surf. KL would only be appealing to them for the coastal part....

Got away from my point : Both were elected. or choosen. Both are good. I just wanted to tell in my post that she was elected too

Don't really see what the word realistically has to do with anyting, but ok...

Joffrey. He's Aerys 2nd, but who start younger. The realm would never came to peace with him.

And as his queen... Arianne. Jeez, you figure her at the head of anything ? She has no f***ing sense of the reality !

Archived