Small Questions v 10026

Stubby

Do you think much difference would have been made if Jon and Tyrion didn't go north to the Wall and were with the others on the way south to King's Landing when they whole Mhyca/direwolf fiasco happened? I randomly started wondering about it today and wanted to know what everyone thought.

Do you think much difference would have been made if Jon and Tyrion didn't go north to the Wall and were with the others on the way south to King's Landing when they whole Mhyca/direwolf fiasco happened? I randomly started wondering about it today and wanted to know what everyone thought.

Well, if Jon went south with his siblings, he most likely would have spend his time with Arya. Arya wouldn't have found Mycah to practice swords with, and thus Joffrey would most likely not have attacked Mycah (and I doubt he would have attacked Jon; Jon would have either found a way to talk himself out of it, or he would have made certain they were not discovered).

Should it be that Jon and Arya were discovered, and Joffrey threatened Jon, that would have meant that not only Nymeria would have been chased away, but also Ghost would needed to have been chased away.

Causing Jon to lose his direwolf as well.

Also, I doubt that Jon would have run like Arya did. He most likely would have gone to Ned.

Well, if Jon went south with his siblings, he most likely would have spend his time with Arya. Arya wouldn't have found Mycah to practice swords with, and thus Joffrey would most likely not have attacked Mycah (and I doubt he would have attacked Jon; Jon would have either found a way to talk himself out of it, or he would have made certain they were not discovered).

Should it be that Jon and Arya were discovered, and Joffrey threatened Jon, that would have meant that not only Nymeria would have been chased away, but also Ghost would needed to have been chased away.

Causing Jon to lose his direwolf as well.

Also, I doubt that Jon would have run like Arya did. He most likely would have gone to Ned.

You're most likely right. What do you think Tyrion would have done/thought? I know he loves Jaime, and Jaime was set on hurting Arya, but Tyrion also hates Joffrey and knows what a prick he is. I guess he would have just sat back and shook his head dismissively.

You're most likely right. What do you think Tyrion would have done/thought? I know he loves Jaime, and Jaime was set on hurting Arya, but Tyrion also hates Joffrey and knows what a prick he is. I guess he would have just sat back and shook his head dismissively.

Tyrion is more difficult. Arya was being hunted because her wolf attacked him. If indeed Nymeria attacked Joff even in this completely different scenario, than Arya would be hunted here as well.

Joffrey had gotten hurt, so naturally, Arya had to be found. Even Tyrion would not be able to change that. So the only thing he could do with Jaime was to convince his brother not to hurt the little girl, should he find her first.

With Robert, Tyrion might have been able to do more. Quick with words as he is, Tyrion might have been able to shame Robert into not letting Cersei get the wolf pelt, perhaps. Tyrion might have been able to convince Robert that the wolves did not need to die, and that it was a natural response for an animal to attack the attacker (because that's what Joff was, in truth. He was slashing with his sword, sharp as it was, but no one seems to remember that fact, or they are conveniently forgetting that if Arya hadn;t been as quick as she was, she would be short a few body parts).

Saladar Saan picked him up, Stannis doesn't fight like in the show, he was in the back during the fighting.

I'll expand on that a little. Stannis was waiting on the other side of the Blackwater for his fleet to ferry across him and his men. He had already been delayed because the fleet was slowed by storms. When the boom chain was pulled up, the main fleet was trapped, while Salladhor Saan and his Lyseni pirates remained out in Blackwater Bay. I'm not sure what they were doing at after the Wildfire went up, but when Stannis and his men were attacked by Garlan and the Tyrell-Lannister force they picked up Stannis and a number of men (mostly Florents) and sailed them back to Dragonstone.

Regarding the Jon/Tyrion going South with Ned, its important to remember that Needle was a parting gift. Therefore, Jon never gives Arya Needle, she never meets Mycah, never trains at swords, and the whole fiasco likely doesnt happen. I imagine Joffery and Arya would clash eventually, but not when they do in the actual books

Well its very confusing. He has far too many titles/lands. He is Lord Hornwood by his first marriage to Lady Hornwood in Clash of Kings. He is then Lord of Winterfell by his marriage to "Arya" (at least in the eyes of the Northerners, much as they dislike it). And he is also the current heir to the Dreadfort, due to being his father's eldesr legitimate child (as he was legitimised, his claim stands as though he were born in marriage).

So technically, yes he is. If he were a reasonable man, i imagine he would pass the Dreadfort to Fat Walda's children and Hornwood lands to some bannerman or other... but then he is Ramsay, so that would never happen

Well its very confusing. He has far too many titles/lands. He is Lord Hornwood by his first marriage to Lady Hornwood in Clash of Kings. He is then Lord of Winterfell by his marriage to "Arya" (at least in the eyes of the Northerners, much as they dislike it). And he is also the current heir to the Dreadfort, due to being his father's eldesr legitimate child (as he was legitimised, his claim stands as though he were born in marriage).

So technically, yes he is. If he were a reasonable man, i imagine he would pass the Dreadfort to Fat Walda's children and Hornwood lands to some bannerman or other... but then he is Ramsay, so that would never happen

I imagine that Roose is allowed (for as long as he lives) to chose which child he gives the Dreadfort, in which case the answer would most likely be his child by Fat Walda. Hornwood and Winterfell will remain in Ramsay's possession, with Winterfell (as the most important of the two seats) will go to his eldest (son) and the Hornwood lands to his second born (son).

I imagine that Roose is allowed (for as long as he lives) to chose which child he gives the Dreadfort, in which case the answer would most likely be his child by Fat Walda. Hornwood and Winterfell will remain in Ramsay's possession, with Winterfell (as the most important of the two seats) will go to his eldest (son) and the Hornwood lands to his second born (son).

Although Roose doesn't expect his brood by Fat Walda to inherit anything; he as much as says Ramsay will kill them all. Roose seems to accept that Ramsay will run his house into the ground...

Walder Frey tells Catelyn in 298 AC that he has had 3 kings to guest in his life. The Kings who lived during Walder's lifetime are:

King Daeron II (died in 209 AC)

King Aerys I (King from 209 - 221 AC)

King Maekar I (King from 221 - 233 AC)

King Aegon V (King from 233 - 259 AC)

King Jaehaerys II (King from 259 - 262 AC)
King Aerys II (King form 262 - 283 AC)

King Robert (King from 283 - 298 AC)

King Joffrey (King in 298 when the claim is made)

Which of these three kings do you guys think were the most likely to have visited Walder?

I'd call Daeron II a no, since Walder was a little boy of 1 when Daeron died

Aerys might also be a no, since Walder probably wasn't a Lord back then

Joffrey isn't one of the three, since he has just been crowned king

Robert most likely did visit (perhaps on his way north to Winterfell?).

That leaves 4 kings... and 2 places to be filled. What do you guys think? :)

Walder Frey tells Catelyn in 298 AC that he has had 3 kings to guest in his life. The Kings who lived during Walder's lifetime are:

King Daeron II (died in 209 AC)

King Aerys I (King from 209 - 221 AC)

King Maekar I (King from 221 - 233 AC)

King Aegon V (King from 233 - 259 AC)

King Jaehaerys II (King from 259 - 262 AC)

King Aerys II (King form 262 - 283 AC)

King Robert (King from 283 - 298 AC)

King Joffrey (King in 298 when the claim is made)

Which of these three kings do you guys think were the most likely to have visited Walder?

I'd call Daeron II a no, since Walder was a little boy of 1 when Daeron died

Aerys might also be a no, since Walder probably wasn't a Lord back then

Joffrey isn't one of the three, since he has just been crowned king

Robert most likely did visit (perhaps on his way north to Winterfell?).

That leaves 4 kings... and 2 places to be filled. What do you guys think? :)

Does the King have to have visited while Walder was Lord? Because I feel that Aerys I or Maekar may have visited after Whitewalls. Or Aegon V may have visited when he became King, remembering Walder from his journeys with Dunk

Does the King have to have visited while Walder was Lord? Because I feel that Aerys I or Maekar may have visited after Whitewalls. Or Aegon V may have visited when he became King, remembering Walder from his journeys with Dunk

I seem to recall that Aerys I preferred reading over ruling, so I doubt he would have left KL to go visit some lord, seeing as how he could make his Hand do it.

Walder states that he had "3 kings to guest", which to me suggests that Walder was Lord during that time.

I seem to recall that Aerys I preferred reading over ruling, so I doubt he would have left KL to go visit some lord, seeing as how he could make his Hand do it.

Walder states that he had "3 kings to guest", which to me suggests that Walder was Lord during that time.

Didn't Jaehaerys go north at some point, or was that the first one?

Archived