Small Questions v 10026

Stubby

Didn't Jaehaerys go north at some point, or was that the first one?

That was the first Jaehaerys

We definately know that Jaehaerys the first went to the North with Alysanne. Of course that doesn't exclude, that Jaehaeris the second went to the North or at least to the Twins, we just don't know about it.

Why wasn't Robb suspicious about the huge fuckup at Duskendale where he lost like 3000 men? He kind of just shrugs it off and doesn't inquire further with Roose.

Well he did say Robett would have a lot to answer for. Roose had effectively removed anyone in the know who wasn't already in bed with him.

Well he did say Robett would have a lot to answer for. Roose had effectively removed anyone in the know who wasn't already in bed with him.

But wasn't it Roose that had overall command of the soldiers and their plans and movements? Surely any strategic failure (and Duskendale certainly counts as one) should be placed at Roose's feet. Correct me if I'm wrong though, it's been a while since I've read A Storm of Swords.

But wasn't it Roose that had overall command of the soldiers and their plans and movements? Surely any strategic failure (and Duskendale certainly counts as one) should be placed at Roose's feet. Correct me if I'm wrong though, it's been a while since I've read A Storm of Swords.

I'm pretty sure Roose presented it to Robb as Robett freelancing, with nobody there to contradict him. Roose made it sound plausible since Robett's home and family had recently been taken. Of course that was the Ironborn, not the Lannisters, but Robb is his mother's son :)

I'm pretty sure Roose presented it to Robb as Robett freelancing, with nobody there to contradict him. Roose made it sound plausible since Robett's home and family had recently been taken. Of course that was the Ironborn, not the Lannisters, but Robb is his mother's son :)

Ah ok, that makes sense. Roose is one shifty bastard, but I gotta love him.

Roose told Robett that Robb had commanded him to do such. To Robb, he made it sound as if it was Robett's decision to take part of the army and go to Duskendale.

At this point, Roose was already conspiring with Tywin, and he was removing everyone who wasn't part of the conspiracy. The men who went with Robett were all loyal to Robb, none of them were Dreadfort men. The men loyal to Robb who remained behind, were waiting for a turn to cross the rivers when Gregor Clegane fell down upon them, slaughtering as he went. Roose and his Dreadfort men were already on the other side of the river, unable to do a thing - just as Roose's plan had been.

Is there any evidence that Robb warged into Greywind or is it strictly speculation?

Since Robb has no POV, nor has Greywind, there's no proof to be had.

The scenes where we read or hear others tell of them interacting are proof enough for me that Robb doesn't talk about his warging, but does it excellently.

While others believe him to be as innocent as a newborn baby =)

The scenes where we read or hear others tell of them interacting are proof enough for me that Robb doesn't talk about his warging, but does it excellently.

I hate to be a pain in the ass but I don't remember in aCoK or aSoS when anyone mentions the possibility of Robb warging or even interacting that strangely. Can you tell me which chapters you read that led you to believe this?

Is there any evidence that Robb warged into Greywind or is it strictly speculation?

No evidence is known. It's hard to know for certain since we don't have a POV from Robb, and he doesn't state anything suggesting this to Catelyn

^^ This makes me look forward to my next ASoS reread. Round-and-round we go.

Yes, Roose's deceit starts as early as in Clash, IIRC. The storylines involving him certainly deserve a re-read, to discover everything that can be discovered.

Does anyone have any idea's on how Gared (the deserter whose head Ned cut off in Bran I in Game, who was also with Ser Waymar and Will when the Others came in the prologue) got back south of the Wall?

What chapter release do we find out that Aegon has taken Storm's end? Does anyone have a link to it?

It's from a reading, there are only summaries. The first part of the chapter is the sample chapter on the site of GRRM, IIRC.

The summary for the entire thing can be found here

What chapter release do we find out that Aegon has taken Storm's end? Does anyone have a link to it?

Arianne's WoW sample. Which i think.is still on GRRM's site

However we learn in the Griffin reborn that Aegon wants to lead the attack, contrary to JonCons wishes

Either Robb was warging Grey Wind or Grey Wind was Lassie reborn...

"How did the king ever take the Tooth?" Ser Perwyn Frey asked his bastard brother. "That's a hard strong keep, and it commands the hill road."

"He never took it. He slipped around it in the night. It's said the direwolf showed him the way, that Grey Wind of his. The beast sniffed out a goat track that wound down a defile and up along beneath a ridge, a crooked and stony way, yet wide enough for men riding single file. The Lannisters in their watchtowers got not so much a glimpse of them." Rivers lowered his voice. "There's some say that after the battle, the king cut out Stafford Lannister's heart and fed it to the wolf."

"I would not believe such tales," Catelyn said sharply. "My son is no savage."

Has GRRM mentioned the possibility of Dany passing through the ruins of Valyria on her way to Westeros?

This is what I've found about Valyria:

"Well you learn more about the Doom in A Dance With Dragons and yes you may learn in subsequent volumes; you may learn even more about that and I don’t know if you’ll see Valyria itself but you’ll see….you know it’s a country so there’s a city in the heart of it and it’s a large country, but you may see glimpses of the fringes of the Doom. Actually Asshai’s another question; it’s kind of at the other end of the world. I’m not sure if we’ll actually ever go to Asshai. You may learn more about it through Melisandre or other people remembering it or talking about it."

Question:

There is any evidence that Cersei actually slept with Osmund K? Or it was just Varys playing with Tyrion's head?

Archived