Revenge of the Florents?

joluoto2

Do you think House Florent will be able to get revenge on the Tyrells from taking Brightwater Keep from them? How will they achieve it? Will it be Selyse and Stannis who achieve this (unlikely since I think they will be stuck in the North for a long time), or will Alekyne Florent resurface?

Do you think House Florent will be able to get revenge on the Tyrells from taking Brightwater Keep from them? How will they achieve it? Will it be Selyse and Stannis who achieve this (unlikely since I think they will be stuck in the North for a long time), or will Alekyne Florent resurface?

The combination of the Ironborn attack, Aegon's landing, Dorne finally using it spears and, hopefully, Stannis' attacks on the Reach, will reduce Tyrell influence enough for their previously strongest vassal to become Lord Paramounts, I think...or I guess hope.

I think Alekyne will be used as a hostage and/or bargaining chip IF the Florents ever do come to power.

Lleyton Hightower's current wife is a Florent. Baelor Hightower's wife is a Rowan. Tarly's wife is a Florent. Given that many people believe Tarly and Rowan will side with Faegon they may try to help the Florents restore their seat when they remove the Tyrells from power. I think these lords may have had enough of Mace Tyrell for getting all the rewards through the work of his bannermen. Considering Randyll Tarly won Ashford and killed a bunch of Florent relatives only to have Brightwater Keep not rewarded to him (considering his wife had the strongest claim) may influence him. They may take pity on the Florents firstly losing out to the Tyrells after the Gardeners died and then losing their ancestral seat to them because of the Tyrell ambitions. Of course there's also the problem that Lleyton Hightower's grandkids are Tyrells, Mathis Rowan's wife is a Redwyne and the Redwynes are too closely connected to the Tyrells to ever betray them. So the issue is very complex.

Lleyton Hightower's current wife is a Florent. Baelor Hightower's wife is a Rowan. Tarly's wife is a Florent. Given that many people believe Tarly and Rowan will side with Faegon they may try to help the Florents restore their seat when they remove the Tyrells from power. I think these lords may have had enough of Mace Tyrell for getting all the rewards through the work of his bannermen. Considering Randyll Tarly won Ashford and killed a bunch of Florent relatives only to have Brightwater Keep not rewarded to him (considering his wife had the strongest claim) may influence him. They may take pity on the Florents firstly losing out to the Tyrells after the Gardeners died and then losing their ancestral seat to them because of the Tyrell ambitions. Of course there's also the problem that Lleyton Hightower's grandkids are Tyrells, Mathis Rowan's wife is a Redwyne and the Redwynes are too closely connected to the Tyrells to ever betray them. So the issue is very complex.

I dobut that Tarly will help the Florents , he already put to swords florent soldiers at Bitterbridge when the Florents whent to Stannis , Lleyton's daugther is wed to Mace Tyrell so i don't belive that he will go against them , Paxter's wife Mina is the sister of Mace so i doubt that he will go against them . Face it the Tyrells have family in almost all great houses in the Reach.

As long as Alekyne is alive (wherever he is) Tarly don't have the best claim (although I imagine Randyll wanted it as a reward for his loyalty. Now he'll get Maidenpool for Dickon instead).

Alekyne Florent is with his aunt Lady Hightower in Oldtown. The Hightowers apparently don't care all that much about Garlan's 'claim' to Brightwater Keep.

Interesting. Also Lady Rhea Hightower (Florent) is actually Alekyne's sister, not aunt. The Florents certainly know how to marry their girls. Girls of the main branch married to Lord Tarly and Lord Hightower. Girl of the side branch married to Stannis Baratheon.

Yeah, my mistake. The daughters of Alester are married to Lord Leyton Hightower and Lord Randyll Tarly. Samwell is thus Shireen's distant cousin. I find it strange that Stannis didn't make a joke about that - or Samwell's prominent Florent ears (they have not been mentioned yet, but if all the other Florents are an indication, he must have them) - in AFfC.

That Alekyne is in Oldtown is mentioned in the appendix of AFfC, by the way. But Stannis, Selyse and Axell won't play a role in Alekyne's restoration. They burned his father alive, after all. If Stannis prevails and Shireen ascends the Iron Throne, Brightwater and/or Highgarden will go to Ser Axell.

I could see Lady Tarly follow Lord Leyton's lead should the Hightowers declare for Aegon. Lord Rowan most certainly will be the first major Reach lord to defect, since he should be at Storm's End when Aegon takes it. That is, if he survives the battle. But Mathis Rowan would most likely declare for Aegon VI without a battle if he is quietly approached by Aegon and Connington before the battle. The man was abhorred by the murder of Rhaegar's children, and should thus be one of the major Targaryen loyalists in the Reach.

As Olenna, herself said, the Tyrell claim to Highgarden could be challenged by the Florent's. Given that the Tyrell's hitched themselves to the Lannister's-and that House Lannister is going down hard, its entirely possible the Florents might be the Paramount Lords of the Reach once this is all done.

• 1 month later...

I don't like the Florents. I feel sorry for Shireen having a mom with a crappy personality in Selyse. I hope Shireen is the opposite of her mom when she is older. By the way Shireen is in the books, it look like she won't be like her mom. the Tyrells are not idiot like the florents.

The Florents deserve no revenge, the fought a war and lost, to be honest they need to revenge against Stannis, who burned the last lord to death.

I don't like the Tyrells as a house, but I like the Florents even less. They're basically like the Tyrells only arrogant on the top of that. No wonder Stannis is constantly annoyed by them.

I think Florents are one of the most loyal Houses in Westeros actually. I quite like them. I'd like them to see as Lord Paramounts of the Reach, and having their revenge.

And that Florent bastard, after Battle of Blackwater. What a legend.

The Florents deserve no revenge, the fought a war and lost, to be honest they need to revenge against Stannis, who burned the last lord to death.

The war is not over

I think Florents are one of the most loyal Houses in Westeros actually. I quite like them. I'd like them to see as Lord Paramounts of the Reach, and having their revenge.

And that Florent bastard, after Battle of Blackwater. What a legend.

The war is not over

They originally backed Renly, then they switched sides, and then tried to switch a second time. They are no more loyal than the other Reach and Stormlands houses.

Their loyalties were split though, but that can be attributed to be loyal to their respective bannermen.

Nah, I don't like them. They are either stupid, arrogant or freak-ish. House Tyrell is the best.

For some reason I don't think Rhae has any influence. She is Leyton's 4th wife and its almost certain that none of his older children are Rhae's.

They originally backed Renly, then they switched sides, and then tried to switch a second time. They are no more loyal than the other Reach and Stormlands houses.

What does that have to do with the Stormlands? The Florents are from the Reach.

Archived